• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is a place you would like to travel?

Anywhere where it's not 30 celcius during the night... Tropical climate is bad for mental health, health in general and just for enjoying life, like at all.

I would love to travel to Japan or South Korean. I’ve always found Asian culture fascinating and beautiful to learn even when I was a kid. I recently found a new interest in origami. I love the delicate art with paper and making anything you can imagine. I also love the traditions they celebrate.
After a career in exploration geology, anyplace pleasant (but not a resort, too crowded).

New Zealand
Australia
Peru
Cruise the Mediterranean coasts

Go back to see Washington DC then across to St. Louis and back to Arizona.
Those are places I'd like to see one more time in USA.

New Zealand, Hawaii, Rottnest Island...

Also, the Sequoia National Forest. Have already been there, but it was my most enjoyed vacation, so, would like to do it again.

New York City to hit all the museums and see some shows on Broadway.
NICE! Going to see a couple of Sondheim plays and HadesTown. I want to walk the Highline and revisit the AMNH. Have already made a reservation at one of my favorite Mexican Restaurants, Toloache. They make a dish with Huitlacoche, a favorite of mine. Now, I've got to make it to Chicago and the National Museum of Mexican Art for their Dia de los Muertos celebration. And nearby are many excellent restaurants. Chicago is a city of ethnic neighborhoods and a great place to visit.

Cairns, Queensland Australia.

They seem to have possibly what may be the worlds finest armored vehicle museum. I've been following their YouTube presentations for some time. It's one thing to acquire such vehicles, but these people are restoring them to complete running condition.

A truly magnificent collection from what I see.

On my way out West, I stopped at the Rock Island Arsenal to see their collection of cannon and artillery. There I saw the M65, Atomic Cannon, that could loft a 280 mm shell tipped with a nuclear weapon, 20 miles. Given the modest width of the bore, I bet the weapon was a Swan device (the XW-45).

Utopia, if that ever exists. Anywhere else would likely just not interest me much or be worth the time, stress and money involved, and as I know I could find better places using my imagination.

I would like to walk down a trail to my home, past a friend's place where all hazards to my sleep stop for permission and/or directions.

It's funny that so many of us want to travel to Japan when they have an even higher stigma about autistic people than in most western countries. Looks like you can't really just put on a pair of cat ears and walk around in Japan without people thinking you're weird, or even a threat.

Right now traveling anywhere is dangerous because of terrorists, especially if you go to places where there are lots of tourists. I'm sure it will soon be as bad as the covid pandemic. And of course, covid is still a horrible threat even though most live in denial. Lovely decade we're living in, isn't it?

It's funny that so many of us want to travel to Japan when they have an even higher stigma about autistic people than in most western countries. Looks like you can't really just put on a pair of cat ears and walk around in Japan without people thinking you're weird, or even a threat.
Everyone in Japan dresses like this, so I think your cat ears will be ok. :D

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 19.51.18.png

Right now traveling anywhere is dangerous because of terrorists, especially if you go to places where there are lots of tourists. I'm sure it will soon be as bad as the covid pandemic. And of course, covid is still a horrible threat even though most live in denial. Lovely decade we're living in, isn't it?

As someone who lived on the road for several years and visited many countries, sleeping rough and mixing will all kinds of people, I can tell you you're very unlikely to come across a terrorist or in fact anyone who wants to hurt you. In my experience, almost everyone is helpful and friendly. Just take some sensible precautions.

And, for example in the UK, currently fewer than 2% of deaths are related to covid, and not all of them have covid as the primary cause.

Yep i agree about genocide, jew hatred is turning to nazi germany again but staying on topic take this comment to off topic or religion

New Threads

Top Bottom