• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Do You Do With your Special Interests?

Loads...Marillion, Aphrodite's Child, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Yes, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, ATB, Pet Shop Boys, Jon Hopkins, Ryan Farish, Pat Metheny, Elgar, what about you?
Well, all the classics... Jethro Tull (had a major obession with them for ages), Genesis, Yes, Rush, Eloy, Pink Floyd, Camel, Renaissance, Wishbone Ash, Marillion, Fish, If. I also like a few more modern bands - Big Big Train, Phideaux, (Can't wait for the new album Infernal in September!), Jump, Millenium, Porcupine Tree, Argos... I also like folk rock/progressive folk a lot - I love the Romanian band Phoenix, also like Tempest, Red Jasper. And then, there's RPI, many great bands with classic albums, like PFM, Museo Rosenbach, Il Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, Nuova Era. I listen mainly to progressive symphonic, folk and neo-prog. Not so keen on Krautrock or post rock/math rock, not keen on minimilist or electronic.
Non-prog bands that I listen to are: New Model Army, Skyclad, Wishbone Ash, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult.

Well, all the classics... Jethro Tull (had a major obession with them for ages), Genesis, Yes, Rush, Eloy, Pink Floyd, Camel, Renaissance, Wishbone Ash, Marillion, Fish, If. I also like a few more modern bands - Big Big Train, Phideaux, (Can't wait for the new album Infernal in September!), Jump, Millenium, Porcupine Tree, Argos... I also like folk rock/progressive folk a lot - I love the Romanian band Phoenix, also like Tempest, Red Jasper. And then, there's RPI, many great bands with classic albums, like PFM, Museo Rosenbach, Il Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, Nuova Era. I listen mainly to progressive symphonic, folk and neo-prog. Not so keen on Krautrock or post rock/math rock, not keen on minimilist or electronic.
Non-prog bands that I listen to are: New Model Army, Skyclad, Wishbone Ash, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult.
Wow!!! You just taught me so many new Prog Rock names, I will be looking them up now, thanks! I must admit that as I get older, I am less obsessed with music, and now am into Physics and Bio-Chemistry, Nutrition, music does relax me at night. Do you find it helps you escape from this mad NT world?

Wow!!! You just taught me so many new Prog Rock names, I will be looking them up now, thanks! I must admit that as I get older, I am less obsessed with music, and now am into Physics and Bio-Chemistry, Nutrition, music does relax me at night. Do you find it helps you escape from this mad NT world?
Yes, I do - it helps my mood a lot, keeps me focused and also helps to shut out unwanted noise, etc, especially when travelling. I like the stimulation it provides. It is also the one constant in my life, the one thing I can rely on.

Thanks for teaching me new Prog rock bands.I can relate strongly to your explanation regarding shutting out unwanted noise. Where I am currently residing, there is always noise outside, or my girlfriend is clearing dishes away, slamming cupboard doors shut, licking her lips, rustling papers, squashing plastic bottles etc... I need to live alone again, then my world will be almost perfect.

One of my favorite album covers:

61j0UgiIO+L._SL1400_.jpg

I want a good job in the retail trade, my interest is serving customers, however this time I wanna get paid for it, beats working for free in Charity shops for a "living".

New Threads

Top Bottom