• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unsolicited comments (of any sort)

Why do you think a cowboy hat would get you comments? Nobody ever speaks to me when I wear my cowboy hat.

Mostly because it would look unusual and out of place in a grocery store (I'm not even sure I'd be allowed to wear it), and possibly because... I'm a young cute-looking female. :p Especially if I still had the braids, I'd draw a ton of attention.

I hope you I was being light hearted. I one the reasons I wear my hat is because nobody needs to see my sweaty hair especially young cute looking females.:p

Mostly because it would look unusual and out of place in a grocery store (I'm not even sure I'd be allowed to wear it), and possibly because... I'm a young cute-looking female. :p Especially if I still had the braids, I'd draw a ton of attention.

Here's a picture of me with eyeliner on. I'm about to get ready for work.. What do you guys think? I'm just trying to look less harassable.
I might put concealor on the rest of my face before I leave, but maybe not since it's so hot out and I'd probably just sweat it off if I do a carryout.

Attachments

• DSC00199.JPG
    DSC00199.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 169
I wouldn't harass you.

Here's a picture of me with eyeliner on. I'm about to get ready for work.. What do you guys think? I'm just trying to look less harassable.
I might put concealor on the rest of my face before I leave, but maybe not since it's so hot out and I'd probably just sweat it off if I do a carryout.

What's your number ? ;)

Very funny. :rolleyes:

Okay, so I found out a new thing that invites unwanted attention: idleness. Today a guy came through my line with a couple of kids, and one of the kids was staring at me so, figuring he just wanted attention, I ignored him (and it worked pretty well; in my peripheral vision I could see him looking around elsewhere). I kept ignoring him until they left... and apparently the dad noticed because he decided to bend over the register and get all in my face so I'd give him attention too. I'd already bagged his stuff, he could have just walked away, but no, he had to make sure I was on earth first.
It couldn't have been a class thing; the guy was using WIC checks. He was just being pathetic. I see where his kids get it from.

I guess next time I bag a slow order like that (WIC checks take forever, hence my idleness), I'll just walk away as soon as I'm done, even if there are other people in line (and I might walk away to where I can observe from a distance, then come back once there's more work).

Very funny. :rolleyes:

Okay, so I found out a new thing that invites unwanted attention: idleness. Today a guy came through my line with a couple of kids, and one of the kids was staring at me so, figuring he just wanted attention, I ignored him (and it worked pretty well; in my peripheral vision I could see him looking around elsewhere). I kept ignoring him until they left... and apparently the dad noticed because he decided to bend over the register and get all in my face so I'd give him attention too. I'd already bagged his stuff, he could have just walked away, but no, he had to make sure I was on earth first.
It couldn't have been a class thing; the guy was using WIC checks. He was just being pathetic. I see where his kids get it from.

I guess next time I bag a slow order like that (WIC checks take forever, hence my idleness), I'll just walk away as soon as I'm done, even if there are other people in line (and I might walk away to where I can observe from a distance, then come back once there's more work).

Sometimes people just suck for no particular reason. :rolleyes:

It's quite funny cause I try to do the exact opposite. Here in Paris people don't care about each other until something really unusual happens. And when I'm walking in the street, I'm the only one looking at other people. And I don't know, people seem to think I'm dumb or not from here, or an easy target. Cause I'm sollicited all the time. Someone has always something to ask or sell.

My ex gf used to laugh about it cause no-one asks her anything, even directions. They prefer being lost. I do too, now lol. But something must be printed on her face...

I might put concealor on the rest of my face before I leave, but maybe not since it's so hot out and I'd probably just sweat it off if I do a carryout.[/Q
You have the face of a common stranger but your eyes look very familiar... Anyhow, you look fine. People always act queer around me, too. I just ignore it.

Well, here we go again...
Tonight, near the end of my shift (an evening one too, hmm), I was doing shop-back and I happened to pass a random guy who, for some reason, decided to say to me, "I didn't do it, I didn't do it... Heh, how you doing?"

WTF? What does that even mean? I didn't accuse him of anything. I didn't even say anything to him, or so much as look at him until he talked (and I regret looking at all). I ignored him and moved on. Hopefully he wanted a response.

I thought my comments had been reduced to once a month but this makes twice for August. (Of course they're not going to follow a schedule *shudder* but still...)

Last edited:
umbrellabeach

That doesn't sound personal at all, to me.
He probably behaves that way in stores.

Not every person who speaks to you is
doing it because of you. Sometimes it is
just them.

umbrellabeach

That doesn't sound personal at all, to me.
He probably behaves that way in stores.

Not every person who speaks to you is
doing it because of you. Sometimes it is
just them.

True. I just wonder why the idiot chose me. He should have left me alone to work and minded his own business. I was clearly busy.

I was doing shop-back and I happened to pass a random guy who, for some reason, decided to say to me, "I didn't do it, I didn't do it... Heh, how you doing?"

WTF? What does that even mean? I didn't accuse him of anything. I didn't even say anything to him, or so much as look at him until he talked (and I regret looking at all). I ignored him and moved on. Hopefully he wanted a response.

Neurotypicals...at times they're quite a strange lot. I'm assuming this was a complete stranger- a store customer and not a fellow employee?

Your Disney pins. I wonder if some people surmise that you should "whistle as you work, etc." and carry on like an actual Disneyland character. And that you don't, so there's something in their mind to mock. Absurd...but I wonder about that. You do seem to be quite a magnet for behavior that is well...alien to many of us.

On occasion people would make fun of me for being so focused...."on a mission" over some minor detail at work. It happens. Though I can't recall a complete stranger doing such a thing to me either. Hmmm. But then unsolicited interactions with total strangers baffle me anyways.

But yeah..who knows? It could be totally random...which while so perplexing to us may not be to them. :confused:

Last edited:
Well, here we go again...
Tonight, near the end of my shift (an evening one too, hmm), I was doing shop-back and I happened to pass a random guy who, for some reason, decided to say to me, "I didn't do it, I didn't do it... Heh, how you doing?"

WTF? What does that even mean?

Does doing shop-back mean returning merchandise
back to its correct area, because customers have moved
it?

I couldn't find a definition anywhere, so I am just going
on context.

If shop-back means putting stuff where it goes . . . then
"I didn't do it" would be a jokey reference to what you are
doing. An attempt to be friendly and make a joke. "Don't
blame me. I didn't do it. I am not the one causing you a
problem."

If shop-back means some other thing, then IDK.

New Threads

Top Bottom