• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unlocked

MyKayos

As my chest ripped
open from the strain
Of constraint
Bats flew out
Jostling one another
Chittering in distress
At the newness of light
Some so determined to survive
They tried to crawl back in.
Where they never belonged.

I am new to being me. At four, I had hyperlexia. I began reading without instruction. Despite academic abilities, I was thrown out of preschool for upsetting the other children. expulsion followed me through grade school.
i have been diagnosed atypical anorexic, bipolar, GAD and CPTSD. Only the CPTSD was correct.

I began writing in 2015 after a traumatic incidence ripped a mask I didn’t know I had, away.

Autists began contacting me after hearing me read. These are the people who told me who I am.

thank you for reading this, I am ready to connect with more of my own kind.

1687269444372.png

Glad to have you here, @MyKayos

It's an unfortunate thing to be unaware of your own condition and to have life leave you no choice but to face it. But it's still good you are figured this out and are open communication about this.

Hello and welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear about all you've been through. I can't imagine how rough that must have been for you. You will find people who support you here though and I hope you enjoy your time on here with similar minds.

Hi and welcome. It sounds like you've had an interesting life and I look forward to reading some of your stories.

Welcome.
That is an interesting and very well written intro.
I'm glad you are ready to connect with others here.
It's a good place to be.

Hello and welcome. May you find your own kind here. Ready and open for connections. Let us know if you need any help figuring out the forum. Glad you found us.

New Threads

Top Bottom