• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

It's a supermarket.

As British supermarkets go, it's unusual in having successfully reinvented itself. Originally founded in 1919 by Jewish East Ender Jack Cohen (the name comes from the initials of his first supplier T E Stockwell followed by the first two letters of its surname) for years it was seen as a bargain basement, pile-'em-high-sell-it-cheap kind of place. Then during the 1990s it managed to broaden its appeal to include a more middle-class clientele. There was a time when it was said that 1 in every 7 pounds was spent in Tesco, and the BBC used to regularly run stories about the company's ever-growing bottom line. It was even the subject of a shock-horror book, Tescopoly, as well as being heavily featured in Joanna Blythman's anti-supermarket tirade Shopped. However, in the present decade it has lost market share to the likes of Aldi and Lidl.

The last thing I bought was a Twirl bar for 40p at the Autism West Midlands Ladies' Night tuck shop.

Hmm, thanks for a very informative post, I didn't know Tesco's were nearly 100 years old, thought they started a bit more recent than that, somewhere way back in the 80's or something.

Gave my mom all my money (not much) so that we could take a trip. So I guess I bought a trip to the high desert haha. She's giving it back, she just didn't have money the day she wanted to go.

you can get them from the britsuperstore.com starting with a 4 pack,9,then a box of 48 51g bars COULDNT get shipping DAMN phone
Dang, but I miss Mars Bars. For some reason they quit selling them in the States. A few years ago Walmart had some that they received; no doubt a mistake. I bought every box they had and put them in the freezer. I totally savored that last one. I found some on Amazon that were available in the UK, but they would be outdated (and probably melted) by the time I get them.

A Raffle ticket from a local Carnival, with which I won a pair of Slippers (Americans call them Sneakers), and a tub of Chocolate ice cream, then a bit later I bought a "Pie of the Day" with Peas and Fries (we call them Chips) and a plate of Scampi and Fries, drinks wise I bought a Pint of Lemon and Lime and half a Bitter.

I wanted to buy a ticket for the ladies' bathing pond on Hampstead Heath but the machines don't accept cash any more so I made a donation instead. Same difference really, as it's run on an honesty basis.

Bathing Pond? Eh?
Yes, there are three bathing ponds on Hampstead Heath: ladies', men's and mixed. All are cold, silty, very deep and frequented by ducks.
Hampstead Heath Bathing Ponds in Hampstead London - Hampstead Heath’s unique swimming ponds are open year-round
The place I went swimming at yesterday (where I bought the swimming cap) is a more conventional heated and chlorinated pool, but this too is open-air all year round. I once swam there on a dark autumn evening with the streetlights twinkling overhead. And all this just a few streets away from the hustle & bustle of Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square - the aptly-named Oasis.
Oasis Sports Centre | Camden | Better leisure

I went to Kennywood Amusement park yesterday and brought home this souvenir that rang true with me:
kennywood.jpg

Kennywood has been placing their arrow signs all over the Greater Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania USA area since the early 1930s.
kp.jpg

I have been going to Kennywood since I was a small child,and yesterday,I got to go with the neighbor boy to his first Kennywood experience.

sign.jpg

2 games of 10 Pin Bowling for £8.

Won the first game with my second highest score ever of 117, and scored 4 spares and 1 strike.

Some virtual stuff for Raceroom Racing Experience, a koenigsegg CCGT and Sonoma Raceway track for it. Just a birthday present for myself today lol

Bought a Batman mask and Cowl on eBay for £19.98 free postage, dispatched today so it should be here by Thursday. I also bought a TV Choice magazine, 2 Lottery tickets and Beauty and the Beast (the new one) on DVD.

New Threads

Top Bottom