• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing that made you cry...

I rarely cry. I can count less than 10 times I have cried since working memory kicked in (abt 4 yo). Last time was reading The Clown of God by Tomie de Paola. I've cried at three times.

I cry when I feel forgotten and that's become a weekly occurrence. When I attempt to make a friend and I get completely shunned and ignored as if I had an std. I don't understand why people don't respond to me. I'm only being polite and nice and the pain of rejection hurts my heart and I cry. I've made effort to be friends with people on and off the spectrum and some act like I'm an annoyance and keep away from me.

My dad asking me to hang out the washing :sweatsmile: I'm guessing there must have been some deeper emotional issues going on there which I hadn't noticed, I don't normally cry for half an hour at the prospect of hanging up some clothes to dry :flushed:

This week I've cried twice, yesterday after I talked to a homeless man in London after my piano lesson and decided to commit to helping him(I told him I'd come back next week) being the first time. That was both out of sympathy for his story(he's from Romania and was in poverty without a family for a long time) and my own anger at the political situation in the UK which stereotypes all people in need, the people who would shout at a man who not once asked or begged for help when I was watching to "get a job" when he was working from the age of 13. I feel I've been pretty sensitive this week but at the same time this situation struck me as a positive one, because I was able to help someone without insisting I have a reason to hold back simply because I can't help everyone, or because I believe he's going to use the money for something illegal. I mean, stereotyping all poor, mentally ill or other people in need as criminals is far more depressing. Even stereotyping CRIMINALS is depressing(I mean at some point they will possibly or probably reform if given proper treatment)! So I may have cried then, but it was also in a healthy way, and I'm changing my perspective on things.

And yes I know it's meant to be the last time you cried, but the second time was today and it was just cause a friend who doesn't know me well said he worried about my social life-work balance. It might still be me getting over being depressed because it still angers me that no one knew how I was getting really anxious and depressed, since I fundamentally HATE talking about myself. I do it a lot when I start getting anxious and it turns into a self-perpetuating cycle.

BTW My social life lately is probably that of a hermit, but I can't help my family having no real familial bonds whatsoever and I couldn't cope with the large group of uni friends I'd been seeing. There were seven and they would sit together every lunchtime and talk about social stuff. The conversations were simultaneously face to face, via snapchat and WhatsApp. Enough said.

Um, this was a bit long :eek: rant over! :D

Last edited:
I think the last time I cried was the season finale of Game of Thrones. Or Orange is the New Black. Not sure. I'm a crier. The hormonal rollercoaster of perimenopause hasn't helped a whit with that.

i very rarely cry. very rarely. so, when it happens, its a sign that something very bad has happened.

last time, it was part of a long and exhausting 5 hour meltdown that i had in January 2015.

My friend was watching a video that made people with certain personality disorders out to be monsters... It hit a nerve and I started to cry.

Too many people only see the bad, horrific side of these disorders and not the people behind the label... people that deserve respect and kindness even if they have traits that might not be favorable to others. It reminded me of people slurring words like "narcissist" or "psychopath" at me before... Such acts of disrespect and how the media represents mental illness make me lose faith in the world :persevere: All the more reason to be kinder to others, imho.

ET was on TV a few weeks ago, just after Christmas, and over the last 30 odd years I've watched it loads of times and the bit where ET "dies" on the Operating table still gets me every time.

More recently, my late Grandmother's Funeral last September had me crying Buckets, she and I were very close you see, I promised myself I wouldn't get upset for Mum's sake but when they brought the Coffin out it was just so final that she was gone, I couldn't help myself!

Gee...

Two Batman movies: Batman Returns and Mask Of The Phantasm. I already knew Returns was an infamous tragedy. I even assumed Catwoman died. Anywho: I teared up when The Penguin was given his burial at sea and Bruce Wayne finding Miss Kitty.

And Phantasm...God

Gee...

Two Batman movies: Batman Returns and Mask Of The Phantasm. I already knew Returns was an infamous tragedy. I even assumed Catwoman died. Anywho: I teared up when The Penguin was given his burial at sea and Bruce Wayne finding Miss Kitty.

And Phantasm...God

Try watching Mr Freeze's story from start to finish. Poor guy.

1. Heart of Ice

2. Deep Freeze

3. Batman and Mr Freeze: Subzero

Watch Videos Online | Batman & Mr.Freeze - SubZero (1998) | Veoh.com

4. Cold Comfort

5. Meltdown

Seeing my mum upset, as she's still recovering from splitting up with her boyfriend nearly a month ago after spending over 3 years together.
That is on top of other issues that life seems to unfairly be throwing at her. :(

A couple nights ago. I confronted my husband about why he was not the same person he used to be. At one point, he said there is no problem just being friends. I assumed he wanted a divorce, so naturally I cried. The real reason though is because of the temperature of our apartment. We talked a little further, and we're both good.

blessed stranger Canadian tvm
penultimate scene its really the ptsd scene i know i have all these memories that are unbearable
An opposite to "the last thing that made you laugh" thread.

For some of us, getting ourselves to cry is actually really difficult, while for others crying may be easy to do.
For me, the most nowadays I'm able to do is make my eyes water a bit but as for actual crying it seems like a near-impossibility. In the 2009 claymation film Mary and Max, Max even states during one of his letters that he can't cry.

When I was a kid, it was easier - especially considering some of the emotionally traumatic stuff we used to watch on TV and in movies. Heck, even Disney movies had a lot of really sad moments.
As I've gotten older, however, crying is something that my brain has seemingly turned off or at least to standby. Problem is, I can't find the remote to turn it back on.

So, in this thread you can put in the last thing that made you cry or, alternatively, stuff that used to make you cry.
I'll throw in a few here:

The last thing that made me cry recently was several months ago. I was reading about my home (Hull, England) and read about the Triple Trawler Tragedy. Looking further into it, I came across this song: Frankie Armstrong - Lament for the Hull Trawlers
(Leave the page to load up, the song will start playing on its own)
The song - coupled with my brain running a mind movie of how I imagined the tragedy unfolding and the emotional reactions of the families who lost their fathers/husbands - did get me crying.
Unfortunately, it seems to have only been a one time thing as when I try it now, I feel sad but can't cry again.

Something that made me cry as a kid was the movie The Land Before Time, back when I had a big love of dinosaurs. However, the scene with Littlefoot the sauropod talking to his fatally injured mum before she died genuinely made me sob my eyes out when I first saw it (added to the fact I have a strong bond with my own mum, and the thought of losing her is a scary one).

Getting a lecture on why I should go to bed earlier made me cry. I hate it when people tell me what to do. Parents are one thing. Other people is a totally different story.

This story - mainly as it made me feel bad for all the spiders I killed as a kid:

main-qimg-f0f452ac9c65a000bf9aa764d0c344f2-c

New Threads

Top Bottom