• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The eclipse is happening now.

This is one of those things where I always have some trouble understanding the excitement of it that people get.

Like, okay, glowy ring in the sky... if I want to see some glowy rings I've got my PC here or whatever.

I mean if it did something like cause a bunch of giant holographic hippos to spawn in the sky and fly around, okay, I could understand that being a bit interesting, but instead it's just "here's a ring" and then that's it, I dont get it.

Though astronomy or whatever you call it is one of those topics Ive never really grasped, to be fair. I remember as a kid being shown some planet (indistinct blob) in a telescope and I'm like "gee that sure is a rock" much to the bafflement of everyone around.

I wish I had seen that one!

Last year I went to Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory to see a partial eclipse. The sun was 55% covered at maximum. The daylight did change slightly. Some pigeons were laying down under a tree thinking it was night.

My favourite eclipse was at Ceduna in South Australia back in 2002. It was just beautiful to see.

I would delightfully watch if it gave me the PowerBar numbers or something like that. But I appreciate the OP pictures.

20240408_151604.jpg

Here's a photo of the partial eclipse. The binoculars are projecting the eclipse onto a sheet of cardboard. Taken on April 20 2023. We had clear skies over here. Location was Tennant Creek.

Attachments

• 20230420_131208.jpg
    20230420_131208.jpg
    897.5 KB · Views: 6
Oh but haven't you heard? We just entered a portal that ushered in The New Age! Everything will be beautiful and good from now on! Jesus might've even returned! Either way, we are in the new dimension now and all will be well! :) :cool: .
R (1).jpeg

Nope. It's triffids. I've been waiting 50 years for the triffids to show up, and now they're here.

Check your gardens.

I saw nothing, was working inside being a weekday, we had a 26 percent solar eclipse... It might have been nice but...

The sky never seemed to darken here. Too far to the west I suppose.

Oh well...

I rather enjoyed the eclipse. Wasn't in the path of totality so eclipse came along partially. It was like being in a movie, out at daytime but without eyestrain or having to squint.

We had a partial eclipse of about 82% here but it was cloudy and rainy so it was "totally" unremarkable. I was interested to learn that the diamond ring effect is caused by mountains on the moon.

New Threads

Top Bottom