• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Temperature sensitivity

As long as there's a golf course, or something historical nearby, it gets my attention. Especially the golf part!

Royal Birkdale, Royal Liverpool, Royal County Down, and wait for it, wait for it.... The Royal And Ancient Golf Club at St Andrews, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):)

I have ridden in 0 degree weather,but can only do it with goggles to prevent being blinded by tears. The only thing that ever stopped me from riding in the winter was snow,ice or the accumulation of traction cinders on the roadway towards springtime.
I ride in nearly any other weather,including rain. You can only get so wet :D
My old Milwaukee vibrator gets a little warm to ride on a hot summer day,but there is always the night ;)

Zero degree weather is just right the snowmobile, but I am a off-road kind of a guy. Those were the days. Snow in the winter and dirt in the summer.

We Aspies are a diverse lot. Maybe someone can come with a list of Aspie " species", based on information on this site. I'm not organized enough to do that, though!

We Aspies are a diverse lot. Maybe someone can come with a list of Aspie " species", based on information on this site. I'm not organized enough to do that, though!
That'd be a huge challenge. First thing to do would be to collect data on certain things and try to spot clusters or patterns to it. A lot of people have been trying to do this, and it's ended with them deciding to merge everything together because the PDD-NOS, Asperger's, and Autism diagnoses were not representing anything much. What I like doing is thinking of ways to catergorise things, it's what I've been doing since I was a baby, but this is absolutely huge.

I am often sensitive to the heat, which is why Summer isn't really my favourite season. I get hot flushes at times too.

I don't know if it's because I'm an Aspie, but I am very temperature sensitive and I get cold a lot. I've been miserable since October because our house's heating is crap due to bedrooms in Maryland never having cold air returns, so the only way to get decent heat in my bedroom is with my space heater. Unfortunately we found out that our house has aluminum wiring, which can lead to fires if we use high-amp appliances, so I can't use my heater anymore. I've been using my laptop downstairs for several weeks now. Not only is it too "peopley" down here but they also like it colder than I do, so while it's warmer than my bedroom, it's still too cold for my comfort, so I'm using a big sweatshirt and a fleece blanket to keep warm. I also have said blanket under my sheets at night because it's the only way I can sleep.
Fortunately we're moving in a week, into a new house with safe wiring. My room is in the basement so it will allow better control over the temperature, and I can use my heater if I want to.
I think it's funny how 'normal' people always seem to be too hot. In my old church, the room of the Sunday school class I went to would be really warm on Sundays and I loved it - until everyone else complained about how it was 'too hot' and opened the window to let the cold 20-degree winter air (which they also complained about) in. Yet if it were the same temperature as the warm room - or hotter - outside, they'd love it.
So normal people want it to be hot outside and cold inside, while I want it to be warm inside and I don't care about the temperature outside. Haha that's weird.

I think it's funny how 'normal' people always seem to be too hot.
I've noticed the opposite, especially in girls. They always seem to be too cold. In a really stuffy, hot room they will complain about how cold they are and want it even hotter. If you're always too cold, wear more layers.

I used to be completely insensitive to changes in temperature. I could wear a jumper under a lined jacket in summer and not be too hot and go out with just a t-shirt and thin cardigan or jacket in winter. In the past couple of years though it has changed and if I go out in cold weather even if wrapped up warm I feel extremely cold when I get back sometimes for the next day or so. Heat still doesn't affect me too badly though I prefer about 25c.

I find cold r to be very unbearable. ..i hate that homes are cooled using air that feels ice cold. I can handle heat very very well but cold is not good for me.

I've noticed the opposite, especially in girls. They always seem to be too cold. In a really stuffy, hot room they will complain about how cold they are and want it even hotter. If you're always too cold, wear more layers.

That's funny because I'm the only cold girl I know. Everyone else, even the girls, are always too hot. :p

I think I am sensitive to the cold. Sometimes in the summer when there's a bit of a breeze, even that bothers me.

I love the cold. Something to do with growing up way up north.

I think concept/response to temperature is frequently affected...I am extremely good at switching into automaton mode when faced with uncomfortable temperatures. It scares people ocasionally...but it's not that I can't feel anything, I can just switch off my "care" button. Lol
I've even read that feeling changes in sensitivity is a symptom of ASD. So I guess that means me??

New Threads

Top Bottom