• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Temperature sensitivity

I am very temperature sensitive. The heat really gets to me, to the point I have to hide in the air conditioned house if the temperature goes above the mid-nineties. I have always been this way, but it has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I have to make my self drink lots of water in the summer. On the other end of the scale, the cold does not bother me much. In my younger days I spent a lot of time playing in the snow. I do not know if this is a ASD thing. Anyone else know?

I am very temperature sensitive. The heat really gets to me, to the point I have to hide in the air conditioned house if the temperature goes above the mid-nineties. I have always been this way, but it has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I have to make my self drink lots of water in the summer. On the other end of the scale, the cold does not bother me much. In my younger days I spent a lot of time playing in the snow. I do not know if this is a ASD thing. Anyone else know?
You might be part penguin just like me :)

Not sure...I have always been a second season motorcyclist,but I hate to sweat :D

I used to wear hoodies in the summer and T-shirts in the winter. I eventually stopped because of negative feedback.

I like mid-fifties to seventies or so. Pretty normal. But I can usually sort of tolerate other weather.

I have ridden in 0 degree weather,but can only do it with goggles to prevent being blinded by tears. The only thing that ever stopped me from riding in the winter was snow,ice or the accumulation of traction cinders on the roadway towards springtime.
I ride in nearly any other weather,including rain. You can only get so wet :D
My old Milwaukee vibrator gets a little warm to ride on a hot summer day,but there is always the night ;)

I hate summer, it's too hot. Considering the UK gets warm, but not hot, summers, and if I find that to be too hot, then I'm probably sensitive to the heat. Not the cold though, I'm fine with the cold.

As far as outdoor temperature goes, I like it right in the middle. Not too cold and not too hot.

But I am told I am very sensitive touching warm pots (I would see them as burning hot though!) and getting into cold and hot water.

I did wonder the same about me, trouble is though that I'm actually underweight so it's more like the lack of blubber that makes me sensitive to cold environments.

I'm very muscular at 5 feet tall & 120 pounds. So I should be able to generate heat, like Kim does, but I'm always cold. I like temps in the mid 80's, that's my comfort zone. During the winter, when I'm at Kim's house on a date if I'm cold I'll smuggle up to her and warm up.

Its a frosty 19 degrees here at the center of the Universe, Unsure! You'd love it! Where are you from?

BTW, the center of the universe is also known as Bardstown, Kentucky! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom