• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

Hi Lena_C It is possible to like someone just because of who they are, this idea that everyone needs to be just like us is stupid.
My best friend is a liberal big government employee, and I'm a little more of a country tea party republican, we joke back and forth on our differences and get along great. Passion for a belief or cause doesn't mean you can't be friends with someone from the other side or listen to them. He converts me on a point once in awhile and sometimes I convert him, but we don't take our differences too seriously. The trick is not to take those differences personally, every one has a different path in life, and a different schedule on getting there.
Perhaps that is the secret to everything....now if I could just find a nice lady that felt the same way...I'd be set, what are the odds of that happening???:rolleyes:
Odds? What odds???o_O
Yea, you're right, we can be friends although we're not in the same standpoint.
But the problem is, not so many people is rational like that, usually end up in a horrible argument.
I have a friend who enjoy discuss serious topic with me though, but that's another story.

Odds? What odds???o_O
Yea, you're right, we can be friends although we're not in the same standpoint.
But the problem is, not so many people is rational like that, usually end up in a horrible argument.
I have a friend who enjoy discuss serious topic with me though, but that's another story.

Unfortunately you are right Lena_C ,most people like a high degree of conformity in friends and people they love. And people don't come stamped out all the same from a cookie machine, so lots of opportunities for friendship and love are lost in life....but that is how it is what can you do?

Unfortunately you are right Lena_C ,most people like a high degree of conformity in friends and people they love. And people don't come stamped out all the same from a cookie machine, so lots of opportunities for friendship and love are lost in life....but that is how it is what can you do?
Nothing! So I'm watching the world go by everyday. :p

Nothing! So I'm watching the world go by everyday. :p

Yes Lena_C , pretty much the same for me.:rolleyes: I do get lucky once in awhile and find a rare gem of a person. Too bad my best friend has cancer now....sometimes I feel like some force is herding toward a dark door...everything nice is disappearing around me despite my best efforts.

But what can you do tomorrow will take care of tomorrow:confused:...today I play my guitar:)...what does one really have but today?:)

I'm actually an INFP. I've never been good at numbers, myself - I very easily understand philosophical and ethical theoreticals, but numbers just swirl around my head meaninglessly. I'm not sure if this is what I usually get, but I've never put much stock into these personality quizzes. I just don't think human personalities can be reduced to numbers and statistics - there's exceptions everywhere

Hi there. I'm Billy and I'm an INFP who is an autistic. I take Risperdone for the irritability of my symptoms. I test as an INFP every time. I wonder if it's rare for an INFP to be autistic. My form of autism is high functioning autism. I have trouble getting jokes especially when it comes to the punch line. I take everything that people say too literally. People get mad at me when I don't sympathise with them.

I 59%, N 94%, T 3%, J 31%
I don't understand all the interwoven categories but apparently, I'm a little unusual.

I think I am a little unusual as a aspie too.

I am just horrified that the Meyers-Briggs Personality Test is still around. It's woefully inaccurate and fails to account for so much. My psychologist detests it.

Spoken like a true INTJ !!!
Yes I am a thoroughly arrogant little thing aren't I:rolleyes:
Actually I'm pretty nice I just show off a little sometimes....you can't bend the world without showing a little mental Muscle can you...:D
The NTs hate people like me like death its self....:p a fine compliment don't you think?

Now the question becomes: Am I INTJ because I'm Aspie, or this just a happy coincidence?
No clue I am a imaging one I don't know if that is normal, I think my type is quite rare tho. I think very creatively and very logically with subliminal pattern memory matching....a rather lethal combination, and very hard to measure with standard tests.

New Threads

Top Bottom