• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"NT" Girls

As a 21 year old, I live with an 18 year old fresh out of high school who was a varsity cheerleader all four years of high school.

Shoot me?

Do you even know how traumatic and awful it is to be around a cheerleader? No, me neither. But I'm sure they're way more high maintenance than the girls we don't like. lol I wouldn't cope with that too well so I'm pretty sure I'd want shooting too. Good luck Ruby. Just ignore her!

Why exactly, would anyone be shooting you...?
It's an idiom/expression...
I did a Google search 'cause I wasn't 100% sure of the definition my self and this was the only explanation I could fine:
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=652798
But yeah ^^.
That sucks Ruby.
EMZ=]

Sorry, I forgot some people might not know what I meant. It is an expression, generally taken with humor and absolutely not meant to be taken literally, meaning I guess that you would rather die than tolerate whatever prompted the use of the expression. I've never actually tried to explain it before, it's meant to be a light, totally jestful figure of speech.

Anyway, she is extremely chatty, extremely social, extremely make up and fashion oriented, and basically acts like she has a stray dog living in her room instead of another person. She makes me CRAZY! Honestly I think she is nearly single handedly responsible for a relapse of my depression. And like.. normal people, if you don't like your roommate, you aren't going to pretend to be buddies but you'll be civil for the sake of living comfortably. But she actually pretends to be my friend even though she doesn't like me. So I'll THINK she's my friend, and end up staying up all night helping her with her homework or her latest stereotypical shallow NT girl crisis, only for her to blow me off when I invite her to lunch the next day. And she never invites me anywhere, behaves terribly when her friends are over and they try to include me, and she is just generally obnoxious in every way. It is extremely exhausting to live with her.

The that sucks thing was aimed at the experience, not you using the idiom, just incase you misinterpreted :p.
But yeah. I think I'll only be room mates with someone I know well and can get along, but even then the idea of being around someone constantly doesn't seem very appealing. I need a lot of alone time xD. But I won't have to think about that for a long time most likely :p.
EMZ=]

Honestly, the worst part is just having someone THERE all the time. It's like I am never really relaxed, because she is always there.

Honestly, the worst part is just having someone THERE all the time. It's like I am never really relaxed, because she is always there.

I understand you 100%. I get tired out after just seeing friends from class for a few minutes let alone living with them... I just feel so emotionally drained and get tired of being ready to respond all the time.

The girls from my school are nice I'm sure... it's just tiring being around them because they demand so much from me and I have to give everything I have to just meet their bare minimum requirements. While they want me there even if I don't say anything I'd rather be sitting alone. :) When I sit alone and quietly they think I'm sad... which is actually when I am happiest! Ooh troubles =/

I have about 2 great friends who are NT Girls i dont have a problem with them if they dont have a problem with me. they understand my disability and dont judge me they respect me which i respect them back.

But she actually pretends to be my friend even though she doesn't like me.  So I'll THINK she's my friend, and end up staying up all night helping her with her homework or her latest stereotypical shallow NT girl crisis, only for her to blow me off when I invite her to lunch the next day. And she never invites me anywhere, behaves terribly when her friends are over and they try to include me, and she is just generally obnoxious in every way.

The definition of a user right there.

Hmm. All females do seem to be messed up in some way. It's just, at school, when they're teenagers, they seem to be really bitchy, and difficult to be friends with.

So long as NT girls don't bash me for being myself, I don't care what they do. Some can be friendly, and best of all some can understand me, some can hate and be nasty towards AS women.

New Threads

Top Bottom