• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meowser18

I’m 73 and have just worked out a self diagnosis with my therapist. I can’t afford the official route and no coverage on my insurance. I’ve been previously diagnosed with MDD, anxiety, ibs etc probably like everyone else here. I’ve been doing a lot of research on my own and not found a lot for older women with late diagnosis. What I have found has really helped me understand myself better. Have always felt like an outsider everywhere except in nature and with animals. Socially I’m a good pretender most of the time who will escape from it as soon as I can. Just looking to connect with others who understand and a place where I don’t have to pretend I’m something I’m not. I’m most a home in my garden or at my drawing board. My mother was most certainly on the spectrum too which made it even harder for me to connect with people. Looking forward to meeting people and learning more.

1707588182231.png

Welcome, @Meowser18, to an oasis of comfort and understanding. I am an officially diagnosed high functioning autistic born well before that became a thing. ;)

I was aware I was different from everyone around me at a very early age, but suffered through the abuse, the misunderstandings, the depressions, et cetera, until they stopped mattering (for the most part) sometime between the ages of 31-32. You are not alone here if you feel the need to connect. I find meaning here as well as safety in ways the wider world just does not understand.

I hope you find this a safe harbour as well.

Hi and welcome. Me too! It's good to know. Helps understand oneself and the world. Lots of us about, and have coped, one way or another. I hope you will join in threads and tell us your ideas and experiences.

Welcome. I’m 70 years old and discovered I was high functioning autistic at 64. The penny dropped when I read an article describing professional women with high functions autism and I checked all the boxes.

I’m glad you’re here.

Welcome. I’m 70 years old and discovered I was high functioning autistic at 64. The penny dropped when I read an article describing professional women with high functions autism and I checked all the boxes.

I’m glad you’re here.
It appears there are a lot of us on here! I’m hoping to learn from all of you !

I’m glad you’re here.
Me too ! It wonderful to have other people who understand to talk too

Hi @Meowser18 :) I am a 51 yr old woman and I received my diagnosis of ASD2 and ADHD combined types late last year. I am also "2e".You are among many of us "late diagnosed" Autistic people around here. Welcome and make yourself comfortable!

New Threads

Top Bottom