• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Style

I have a bit of an issue with the puzzle piece logo if I'm honest. It reminds me of certain organisations that I don't feel do us any favours as aspies/ASD individuals.
I agree, and I think we'll be hearing in the future from a lot of members who feel the same.

I have always been open to letting things run it's course. Because we don't know what Brents final version will be until we get there . I see this as a developement period.

I think I may have figured out MY problem with the serif fonts. In Windows 7 I've seriously reduced the number of fonts that normally comes with the OS. (needed the disk space)

If the style sheets refer to specific fonts I may not have, they are defaulting to the very few ones I have, which may well show up as much smaller fonts than was intended by whomever designed the style sheet. I could make a stink about that, but the reality is most folks don't hack their system in such a way...

I've stored those fonts on a disk....if I knew which ones they are I can restore them.

With just a 250 GB SSD disk space is always a concern for me. Windows dumps far too many useless fonts on users....arrrgh!

I understand what you mean there Judge I have just added a 120 GB SSD hard drive to mine. but it only holds the operating software, I have a larger HDD drive for every thing else.

I just can't read serif fonts below a certain size....and flat out despise them for online purposes. To me they are a remnant of print media mentalities...but again that's just my personal bias. Newspaper printers are not web geeks...they need to recognize the web as something different. lol.

What organizations are those? Just wondering. Interesting though to ask an NT what it reminds them of....I thought of what it meant right off.

But I used to make entire websites that were visual metaphors of products...so I'm biased. ;)

Well, the devil himself (to some of us, I think)

as_blogo_horz_web1.jpg
aspieslogo.png

I hate so ask, but please change that damn puzzle-thing. I don't how litigious Autism Speaks® is, but apart from the bezel the logo seems exactly the same shape. (Unless it's some kind of cunning plan to dilute their message by mimicking their corporate identity, in which case I still feel a little queasy about it.)

For me the original textlogo was ok. I wonder what the other versions are? I've been thinking about what could be a good logo for autism/aspie related things, because i'm usually annoyed by those in use by other organizations, but it is quite hard to come up with something suitable. Maybe there's other people here who might have ideas?

Also, the white, it's really white. Like, very bright eye-hurting white. But that's just my eyes I guess. Some darkening option would be nice though.

But everything else is great and wonderful. :) (this must be such an annoying thread as an administrator)

View attachment 10642 View attachment 10643

I hate so ask, but please change that damn puzzle-thing. I don't how litigious Autism Speaks® is, but apart from the bezel the logo seems exactly the same shape. (Unless it's some kind of cunning plan to dilute their message by mimicking their corporate identity, in which case I still feel a little queasy about it.)

For me the original textlogo was ok. I wonder what the other versions are? I've been thinking everyone about some good logo for autism/aspie related things, because i'm usually annoyed by those in use by other organizations, but it is quite hard to come up with something suitable. Maybe there's other people here who might have ideas?

Also, the white, it's really white. Like, very bright eye-hurting white. But that's just my eyes I guess. Some darkening option would be nice though.

But everything else is great and wonderful. :) (this must be such an annoying thread as an administrator)

Oh Sh*t. Brent....you might have some legal issues over that. Nice call gonzerd!

LOL..I thought I saw that logo before. Yeah, I also used to underwrite advertising liability...no point in potentially antagonizing other business entities over their registered trademarks.

View attachment 10642 View attachment 10643

For me the original textlogo was ok. I wonder what the other versions are? I've been thinking everyone about some good logo for autism/aspie related things, because i'm usually annoyed by those in use by other organizations, but it is quite hard to come up with something suitable. Maybe there's other people here who might have ideas?

You hit the nail on the head there :)

I thought maybe some visual representation of a spectrum might be good, like a simple colour spectrum wheel or something? Although not too similar to the 'spinning wheel of death' I get on my Mac occasionally lol

I'm all for anything no one else is already using. There...that was easy! LOL. :p

You hit the nail on the head there :)

I thought maybe some visual representation of a spectrum might be good, like a simple colour spectrum wheel or something? Although not too similar to the 'spinning wheel of death' I get on my Mac occasionally lol

Ok, I have some basic idea. I'll fire up Illustrator and try for some kind of abstract flowery petals thing, circular, with the color spectrum all round.

I have a logo idea. I was thinking of a logo focusing on intelligence and also interests like music, conversation, time, thoughts. Aspies think of the same things as NT's just in a different way. I was thinking of a picture that was cerebral in nature showing thoughts.
image.jpg

Just a thought.

I have a logo idea. I was thinking of a logo focusing on intelligence and also interests like music, conversation, time, thoughts. Aspies think of the same things as NT's just in a different way. I was thinking of a picture that was cerebral in nature showing thoughts.
View attachment 10645

Just an thought.

Nice. Did you create this?

What the mmmm is this. Trying mto function in this is horrid. Seriously. Let those with visual impairments know beore switching. Way to small. I shouldn't have to use a voice reader to hang out. Sorry can't even find my usual fonts. Plus I'm not feeling great either.

I found the picture under logos of intelligence. I wanted to show that Aspies have all the same interests and in most cases are more intelligent. AS is neurological so I thought a head shot would be good then I saw the head with all the things people usually think about.

I found the picture under logos of intelligence. I wanted to show that Aspies have all the same interests and in most cases are more intelligent. AS is neurological so I thought a head shot would be good then I saw the head with all the things people usually think about.

Is this from a royalty-free graphics collection? Not sure about the metaphor but it looks nice.

New Threads

Top Bottom