• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Style

Brent, here's the latest screen capture. Seems primitive, with too much contrast.

scrn_cap2_zps100aa45f.jpg

If the Aspies Old stays as a choice the rest is a moot point for me.

The new style text is still too small on the main forum page.

The goal is for it to go at some point. I think I have something that will help. I am just waiting on a fix so I can use it.

Eek, it is VERY white. I have no problem with font sizing, but I can't focus on the text when the background is quite so glaring.

The goal is for it to go at some point. I think I have something that will help. I am just waiting on a fix so I can use it.

If you have a good sense of point sizes and hexidecimal colors you can fix it manually. Might take some time...but it can be done. Especially if you can edit text globally within style sheets. Used to come in handy when I used Homesite years ago.

I just don't like the style of the new interface though...it's simply not as good as the previous one IMO.

Is this a specific upgrade version, or just something you're experimenting with?

Last edited:
This is when you have to wonder how many users out there have actually calibrated their monitors....;)

For both color and brightness/contrast....

To me it is a case of fine tuning aspects of it, both have their own merits.

True. There's plenty to tweak...these sort of parameters within style sheets aren't etched in stone. Already looks like Brent is fixing plenty....no need to rush. ;)

I just get frustrated that I can't seem to read serif fonts below ten points even with corrected vision. Just too much eye strain...and this is with a 27 inch widescreen LED monitor.

Last edited:
I hadn't planned on saying this here but I will say it anyway. Sometimes I can't help but be blut! I feel like someone has come into my "home" and started decorating it in a bland, unimaginative way......I finally found a Aspie "home" where I could go to get away from the NT world as a whole to unwind and relax and then I feel like a NT came in here changing it. I wish we could go back to the way it was when I first joined. My eyes have a very hard time focusing on web sites that have so little dark in the background. My eyes even blur when I try to read a book (since the pages are white) I do appreciate that Brent is actually listening and trying to make everyone happy but I don't like having something changed just as I have gotten used to the last change......

I hadn't planned on saying this here but I will say it anyway. Sometimes I can't help but be blut! I feel like someone has come into my "home" and started decorating it in a bland, unimaginative way......I finally found a Aspie "home" where I could go to get away from the NT world as a whole to unwind and relax and then I feel like a NT came in here changing it. I wish we could go back to the way it was when I first joined. My eyes have a very hard time focusing on web sites that have so little dark in the background. My eyes even blur when I try to read a book (since the pages are white) I do appreciate that Brent is actually listening and trying to make everyone happy but I don't like having something changed just as I have gotten used to the last change......

I understand this and I don't like changing things frequently either. I have set this one up in a way that I should have no problem keeping up with it for the future and I think once everything is ironed out it will make most people happy.

Gotta love the puzzle piece logo. It's such a profound metaphor for us all. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom