• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Style

I have a bit of an issue with the puzzle piece logo if I'm honest. It reminds me of certain organisations that I don't feel do us any favours as aspies/ASD individuals... However, I could just be being oversensitive.

I have a bit of an issue with the puzzle piece logo if I'm honest. It reminds me of certain organisations that I don't feel do us any favours as aspies/ASD individuals... However, I could just be being oversensitive.

I debated between a few things but I think each one could have some people not happy with what I chose. I went with this one because I thought it fit the best.

I debated between a few things but I think each one could have some people not happy with what I chose. I went with this one because I thought it fit the best.

Hmmm, point taken. Although in saying that, and if I remember rightly, you didn't have any logo up there before? That looked fine, I don't think you need one :)

Hmmm, point taken. Although in saying that, and if I remember rightly, you didn't have any logo up there before? That looked fine, I don't think you need one :)

I wanted to give a little character to the logo. The site for the most part is simply text.

What organizations are those? Just wondering. Interesting though to ask an NT what it reminds them of....I thought of what it meant right off.

But I used to make entire websites that were visual metaphors of products...so I'm biased. ;)

UGH!! I wish I could take a paint palette to this place right now, I have to get out of this place for the night. I can't stand these colors!

UGH!! I wish I could take a paint palette to this place right now, I have to get out of this place for the night. I can't stand these colors!

Oh, I guessing at some point he'll alter the main body from stark white (#FFFFFF) to something a little more muted. Takes time to locate the proper hex codes within the style sheets. There's a lot to play with...

What organizations are those? Just wondering. Interesting though to ask an NT what it reminds them of....I thought of what it meant right off.

But I used to make entire websites that were visual metaphors of products...so I'm biased. ;)

Ha, I was being deliberately vague there, and I will continue to be because I don't want to get into a disagreement about it. For me it signifies a puzzle, and that I have to be made to 'fit'. But that's just me...

Ha, I was being deliberately vague there, and I will continue to be because I don't want to get into a disagreement about it. For me it signifies a puzzle, and that I have to made to 'fit'. But that's just me...

Well, no I think discussion is important. I thought I read somewhere that Aspies may have issues with metaphors. It's one of those issues I process pretty well. But others may not...so you may indeed have a point. Feedback needed I suppose...

I just think of it indicative of putting pieces of the puzzle together...to better handle our autism. What is done here....

Well, no I think discussion is important. I thought I read somewhere that Aspies may have issues with metaphors. It's one of those issues I process pretty well. But others may not...so you may indeed have a point. Feedback needed I suppose...

I process them well too (my special interest is words/editing/literature :) )

Oh, I guessing at some point he'll alter the main body from stark white (#FFFFFF) to something a little more muted. Takes time to locate the proper hex codes within the style sheets. There's a lot to play with...
meh....then it should have been left alone to begin with.

I get you don't like it. Can you at least give me time to fix some of the things you and others don't like? Constant negativity doesn't help anything. :( Sometimes things have to change. It helps me run the site better in the end to make this change which means I can concentrate on other aspects of the forum after this is all taken care of.

What specifically do you like?
I just find it more aesthetically pleasing than it's been. Not sure how to explain why. I did also like the original one we had; really didn't like the very recent one we had between then and now.

I get you don't like it. Can you at least give me time to fix some of the things you and others don't like? Sometimes things have to change. It helps me run the site better in the end to make this change which means I can concentrate on other aspects of the forum after this is all taken care of.
.....yes for now I will go back to the old style, it was a little easier on my eyes.....

I don't think Brent had a choice if the new version has a completely different style sheet. They aren't necessarily interchangeable especially if new functions are introduced where they didn't exist before. It's mostly a matter of manually having to go in and changing the hexidecimal color codes and fonts types and sizes pertinent to the newer style sheet.

I think he'll find a compromise here...hang on and let him do his thing.

Last edited:
Not a bad change, although I would change the puzzle piece to something else - it reminds us all of a certain organization that doesn't do us any favours.
Also, you may get Autism Speaks coming to call and accusing you of plagiarism like they have done to others in the past - last thing you need is them slapping you with a hefty fine.

I just find it more aesthetically pleasing than it's been. Not sure how to explain why. I did also like the original one we had; really didn't like the very recent one we had between then and now.

Do you find elegance relative to simplicity? I often do....although not when it comes down to too much black and white. The new interface does seem to be more simplistic. Maybe to better accommodate handheld devices....my web design skills are out of date considering all the new technology.

Not a bad change, although I would change the puzzle piece to something else - it reminds us all of a certain organization that doesn't do us any favours.
Also, you may get Autism Speaks coming to call and accusing you of plagiarism like they have done to others in the past - last thing you need is them slapping you with a hefty fine.

I would be open to suggestions from members on what they think would be fitting.

I will leave the old style up while the changes are being made.

I'll stick with the newer interface so I can monitor whatever other changes you make...it's perfectly legible for me at this point so the rest is just aesthetics.

New Threads

Top Bottom