• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New, Depressed

Blue

Hi, I have cPTSD and my mom thinks high functioning autism. I never relate to people and haven't made any friends in 20 years. I'm feeling alone and hopeless.

Hello Blue! Don't be blue. Hey, you'll always make friends here - I know I did. Thanks for joining! I don't relate to people either, in real life that is. Makes me feel like an alien that has fallen from the moon (like in the Mr. Bean opening). In fact I AM like Mr. Bean in some aspects; fellow students in the 6th grade even asked me if I was related to Mr. Bean.

Hello and welcome, Blue!

You've come to the right place. I hope you'll quickly find it comfortable enough to feel better :)

welcome to AC
Hi, I have cPTSD and my mom thinks high functioning autism. I never relate to people and haven't made any friends in 20 years. I'm feeling alone and hopeless.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome.png

Hi Blue and welcome, there are a lot of caring people here

I have this wonderful dark thing called depression and it sucks the life out of me at times, but a wise person taught me about ebb and flow, and mindset. The video I added reflects what he taught me. It will pass, and it may come back, but it will again pass. Each time it does we get stronger from it. Overtime it has become less and less, and the times are shorter.

I use stuff like this and it helps me... I hope it might help you

Last edited:

Hello Blue and welcome :)
I hope your isolation is about to change, it's nice here :)

Hey there. Whilst there's few who can relate to PTSD on here, a lot of us will when it comes to depression.

Welcome to the group, I hope you're able to be a part of us.

giphy (64).gif

TY for all the replies everyone. This is an active site.

It helps get my mind off things when I see others dealing with what I deal with and at times much worse.
I just bounce in and out a lot... I don't do "social media" but I stumbled onto this, and was just kind of hooked. Its like hanging out in a safe place where people don't get too judgmental and they get it, when I don't get it, and we work it out. In my short time here, its helped me a lot.

Now I have something to compare to, where as before it was just lonely blank space. I have no one in real life that I could remotely discuss this stuff with, except my counselor, which is okay, but not the same. Its just mechanical and I know he is analyzing every word I say... When I say anything...

I hope you find some answers, never be afraid to ask... Some one will have something to get the wheels turning.

New Threads

Top Bottom