• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My online aspie quiz results. Research for self-diagnosis.

This particular quiz and the visual representation has
not been really useful to me. Aside from it being a
summary of what a person says about themself, I don't
get how people are finding it to be so revealing....unless
they are saying they weren't aware of how they viewed
themselves, prior to seeing the results of the quiz.

For myself I think that taking it now was no surprise, whereas taking it a year or two ago would have blown my mind. But, it certainly took a lot more than one quiz to make sense of myself.

It was interesting. A lot of the questions I didn't understand though or seem to be based on very specific life experiences so I couldn't answer a good number. I'm not even sure how to interpret the picture it gave me to be honest.

It was interesting. A lot of the questions I didn't understand though or seem to be based on very specific life experiences so I couldn't answer a good number. I'm not even sure how to interpret the picture it gave me to be honest.
The link that @Atrapa Almas posted in post number 11 describes a little bit about how to interpret the results.

I worked at a company that liked to use "friendly" names like this for project management reports. We'd mirror the report vertically to create a symmetrical shape and then give it a "nickname". So for example we'd say that "such-and-such project is a lobster" meaning that progress was good for a while, then there was a hiccup, and everyone had to work like crazy at the end to meet the deadline. Like so...

Untitled.png

Aside from it being a summary of what a person says about themself, I don't
get how people are finding it to be so revealing....
Not everybody knows autism traits, many of those questions may seem quite neutral until we start learning about autism.

Also, even if we know our answers to those questions, we dont know what is "normal" or what most people would answer, or our global score...

So both the results and the questions were revealing for me.

Last edited:
I just like the visual. I don't quite understand it really but it looks cool

View attachment 101952
Mine looks pretty bad…. I guess I’m REALLY on the spectrum
I've been thinking lately, I have heard people say "a little" on the spectrum and you say "really" on the spectrum. Correct me if I'm wrong, you can measure the severity of how you are affected in the different areas, but you can't be either on the spectrum a little or a lot. You either or or you're not.
View attachment 101952
Mine looks pretty bad…. I guess I’m REALLY on the spectrum
I just like the visual. I don't quite understand it really but it looks cool

I think sometimes that I’m moving in a good direction, maybe becoming less “symptomatic”. The test results seem to support the theory that I’m not doing as well as I imagined.
The important thing to note is that you are the one that is allowed to have the final say. It's your life brother. If you think you are making progress that is probably true because nobody knows better about you than you.

You remember the question about being able to imagine what a character from a story looks like? That one got me and I wasn't sure, so I called somebody and asked them to tell me a story to see if I could imagine what they were saying. So they proceeded to tell a story about somebody going through the forest and then they find a cave and all these things and the only image I saw was a forest. No people no cave. And even that was foggy. I agree that some of those questions are confusing, so what I want to do is test myself using the questions to make absolutely sure I'm answering accurately. The questions also opened my eyes to start evaluating situations as they arise.

I've been thinking lately, I have heard people say "a little" on the spectrum and you say "really" on the spectrum. Correct me if I'm wrong, you can measure the severity of how you are affected in the different areas, but you can't be either on the spectrum a little or a lot. You either or or you're not.

The important thing to note is that you are the one that is allowed to have the final say. It's your life brother. If you think you are making progress that is probably true because nobody knows better about you than you.
I appreciate your words. And you’re absolutely correct, it’s really my own opinion that counts. I guess what I meant is that it’s easier to not think about how difficult it has been and how many years I have to go. Blissful ignorance can be comforting at times. Seeing those test results means I can’t ignore it today as much as I could yesterday. Nothing has changed but my own attitude.

It’s a bit like watching the stock market and stressing out when it drops. Even though I’m more than a decade away from retirement, it scares me to think about my 401K dropping in value.

I appreciate your words. And you’re absolutely correct, it’s really my own opinion that counts. I guess what I meant is that it’s easier to not think about how difficult it has been and how many years I have to go. Blissful ignorance can be comforting at times. Seeing those test results means I can’t ignore it today as much as I could yesterday. Nothing has changed but my own attitude.

It’s a bit like watching the stock market and stressing out when it drops. Even though I’m more than a decade away from retirement, it scares me to think about my 401K dropping in value.
And you are also correct, "Attitude" is everything. I say this all the time, "you see what you want to see". If you see good it's because that's what you're looking for to see. If you see negative, it's Because you haven't yet considered other possibilities. I believe we have the power to direct our perception and focus to see the good in any situation. We have been given options. I met two interesting people yesterday during my travels. One was on the bus, and the other one on the sidewalk. I perceived they both were affected by schizophrenia because they both mentioned hearing other people's thoughts and bizarre interpretations of reality. Also a negative and hopeless perception of things in general. Both of them were homeless. I have been homeless in the past so I know how bad it sucks. One of them was crying because he felt like nobody loved him and God had abandoned him. I let him know that God does love him and is working through me because I don't even know you and yet we are sitting down having a conversation. Non-judgmental just laying it out there and being Brothers. But every time I would try to point out something positive, such as that beautiful oak tree over there. I said look at it. Look how the sun is shining on the leaves. Look at the color of the green and the blue sky. It's nice and warm today, and he came back with a negative interpretation. I tried to get him to see the good that is all around but for some reason he didn't want to. The girl on the bus however still had paranoia, but in the midst of it, she remained hopeful that things will get better, and are not as bad as they could be. Attitude is everything.

I think sometimes that I’m moving in a good direction, maybe becoming less “symptomatic”. The test results seem to support the theory that I’m not doing as well as I imagined.
appreciate your words. And you’re absolutely correct, it’s really my own opinion that counts. I guess what I meant is that it’s easier to not think about how difficult it has been and how many years I have to go. Blissful ignorance can be comforting at times. Seeing those test results means I can’t ignore it today as much as I could yesterday. Nothing has changed but my own attitude.

I think I understand what you are saying. Even your use of the word symptomatic shows where you’re thinking is. This is not a criticism, but just an observation that it seems like autism has been thought of as more of an illness for you.

I have a crazy idea that may be trying to deny and wish it away isn’t the most effective use of your energy. Possibly embracing it entirely, and seeing the full range of how autistic traits manifest could bring you more peace of mind with being on the spectrum.

I remember in your first post here, you talked about not wanting to hide anymore and to shed the layers of a mask. I think you said some thing about just figuring out now who you really are. Maybe moving forward with this idea, this is a chance to not only embrace your autism but also learn more strategies that make these “symptoms“ that you brought up less unpleasant and inhibiting to a happy life.

I think I understand what you are saying. Even your use of the word symptomatic shows where you’re thinking is. This is not a criticism, but just an observation that it seems like autism has been thought of as more of an illness for you.

I have a crazy idea that may be trying to deny and wish it away isn’t the most effective use of your energy. Possibly embracing it entirely, and seeing the full range of how autistic traits manifest could bring you more peace of mind with being on the spectrum.

I remember in your first post here, you talked about not wanting to hide anymore and to shed the layers of a mask. I think you said some thing about just figuring out now who you really are. Maybe moving forward with this idea, this is a chance to not only embrace your autism but also learn more strategies that make these “symptoms“ that you brought up less unpleasant and inhibiting to a happy life.
I think I’m just burned out. My life is a lot more complicated lately and there’s basically nothing I can do about it. I wanted to quit hiding but I’m missing the days when I wasn’t thinking about it so much. Some days I feel like an alcoholic who just quit and has the shakes.

New Threads

Top Bottom