• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music that You Like

I think a lot of Aspies are big music fans. Not sure why. Maybe it brings on more intense mental and emotional responses. Tbh I have thought it a positive aspect of my Autisim. It opens an intense world to me.

I was helped along early on, to listen to and appreciate a lot of different types of music so can like pretty varied stuff. But my mainstays are probably classical for backround listening and alternative rock for active listening. Alternate has gone under different names like Avant Garde (Which Zappa said is French for "********") and Progressive. It is the music that moves me physically strongest but I like originality and creativity involved to engage me mentally.

I think a lot of Aspies are big music fans. Not sure why. Maybe it brings on more intense mental and emotional responses. Tbh I have thought it a positive aspect of my Autisim. It opens an intense world to me.

I was helped along early on, to listen to and appreciate a lot of different types of music so can like pretty varied stuff. But my mainstays are probably classical for backround listening and alternative rock for active listening. Alternate has gone under different names like Avant Garde (Which Zappa said is French for "********") and Progressive. It is the music that moves me physically strongest but I like originality and creativity involved to engage me mentally.
I agree with you when you say that a lot of people with Aspergers are really into music. Music helps me. It gives me strength, motivation, and inspiration. And it'seems probably the same way for a lot of people with Aspergers.

As far as my taste in music goes, I'm trying to be more open minded to other types of music instead of just listening to a certain kind of music.

I like rock, country, R&B, and jazz. My favorite artists are The Rolling Stones, Tim McGraw, Lionel Richie, and Paul Hardcastle.

Hi Everyone my name is Hope. I'm new to the site. One thing that I really obsess over is music. Music is something I'm very passionate about. My favorite kinds of music are Classic Rock, Grunge, and Alternative. I listen to other kinds of music too, but it depends on the artist. I also want to start a band one day. What is your favorite kind of music or who is your favorite artist or band. Some of my favorite bands are: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and many others.

I LOVE Pink Floyd! It used to be my 'signature' imagine (the one that comes on every post you write) but it has since changed. I also love the Beatles.

Hi Hope,
this is great topics. Earlier when I was younger, I followed different style of music.
Now I have the opinion that any group can popular for one year or for the decades, but songs are that what stays forever. Some of them being forgoten and one day get resurected.
I shall give the list of songs. whose reminds me on some happy or sad moments of my life:
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Rolling Stones -Highwire
- The Queen - Want It All
- Gary Moore - Empty Rooms
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus
- Enya - Caribbean Blue
- Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside
- U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
- Madness - Our house
- Snap - I ve Got The power
- Simple Minds - Waterfront
- Abba - Waterloo (I was born just a week after ABBA won Eurosong and became a global phenomenon)
- Youssou N'Dour - 7 Seconds ft. Neneh Cherry
- Vaya Con Dios - Nah Neh Nah
- Green Day - Wake me up when September ends
- Venga Boys - Shalala
- Evanescence - Everybody's fool
- Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
- Madonna - Frozen
- Simply Red - If you don't know me by now
...i have to add songs from non-English speaking artists whose are known...
- Gypsy Kings - Baila me
- Los Lobos - Bella Maria de mi alma
- Manu Chao - Clandestino
- Rammstein - Rosenrot
- Nena - 99 Luftballons
- Unheilig - Geboren um zu leben
- Mariza - Meu Fado Meu
- Pink Martini - Je Ne Veux Pas
Travailler
- Desireless - Voyage Voyage
- Mylene Farmer - Désenchantée
- Eros Ramazzotti - Se bastasse una canzone
...I have to stop here :)

Hi Hope,
this is great topics. Earlier when I was younger, I followed different style of music.
Now I have the opinion that any group can popular for one year or for the decades, but songs are that what stays forever. Some of them being forgoten and one day get resurected.
I shall give the list of songs. whose reminds me on some happy or sad moments of my life:
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Rolling Stones -Highwire
- The Queen - Want It All
- Gary Moore - Empty Rooms
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus
- Enya - Caribbean Blue
- Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside
- U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
- Madness - Our house
- Snap - I ve Got The power
- Simple Minds - Waterfront
- Abba - Waterloo (I was born just a week after ABBA won Eurosong and became a global phenomenon)
- Youssou N'Dour - 7 Seconds ft. Neneh Cherry
- Vaya Con Dios - Nah Neh Nah
- Green Day - Wake me up when September ends
- Venga Boys - Shalala
- Evanescence - Everybody's fool
- Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
- Madonna - Frozen
- Simply Red - If you don't know me by now
...i have to add songs from non-English speaking artists whose are known...
- Gypsy Kings - Baila me
- Los Lobos - Bella Maria de mi alma
- Manu Chao - Clandestino
- Rammstein - Rosenrot
- Nena - 99 Luftballons
- Unheilig - Geboren um zu leben
- Mariza - Meu Fado Meu
- Pink Martini - Je Ne Veux Pas
Travailler
- Desireless - Voyage Voyage
- Mylene Farmer - Désenchantée
- Eros Ramazzotti - Se bastasse una canzone
...I have to stop here :)
Hello there Aleksandar. This is a great list of songs. Some of these songs are amazing.

I like mostly indie rock music like oasis, manic street preachers and the stone roses. Just out of interest do any of you like to listen to the same song repeatedly? I know I do. If I find a song I like I just repeat it over and over. Wondering if this is just something I do or an aspie trait?

If music did not exist,neither would I,music gives me life.
I love music of most kind,but my favorite is Classical music :).

Here's a very good newer 'Angst' song. Btw don't watch the movie without research/prep first. It's very grim and doesn't go away quickly in your head.

I like mostly indie rock music like oasis, manic street preachers and the stone roses. Just out of interest do any of you like to listen to the same song repeatedly? I know I do. If I find a song I like I just repeat it over and over. Wondering if this is just something I do or an aspie trait?
That happens to me quite a lot. I tend to listen to the same song over and over again.

Hey I'm new to this site, I came over from WrongPlanet to get some more diversity and new people.

Music wasn't an interest of mine until recent years. I don't like most mainstream songs and artist, so I probably come off as a hipster.

The genres of songs I like belong to are Trip Hop, Hip Hop, Downtempo, Avant-garde, Nu Jazz, Jazz, Acid Jazz, Funk, Nu Funk, Soul, Deep House, Glitch Hop, Electro funk/Electric Swing, Drum n Bass, Future Bass, Future Funk, Synthwave, Synth Pop, J-POP, J-ROCK, J-Metal, J-core, Hardcore, Disco, Nu Disco, Electronica, Livetronica/Jamtronica, Big Beat, Electronic, Metal, Heavy Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Post Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, Electro Rock, Metalcore, Metalstep, Medieval Metal, Folk Metal, Doom Metal, Christian Metal, Gothic Rock, Symphonic Metal, Black Metal, Orchestra/Score, Electronic Metal/Electronicore, Dark Psytrance, Atmospheric Drum N Bass, Darkstep, Alternative, Ska and some other genres I don't know but are probably combinations of the listed.

A lot of songs I listen to come from video games and anime but I'm starting to branch out from that or I should say I'm finding songs from them and I can get away with passing off as more traditional. I'm trying to find music without discovering them through games or anime. Going pretty well. I'm pretty picky with music an artist can have one song I like and that is it. I mostly prefer instrumentals as lyrics don't matter to me as long they're not about mushy romance, money, sex, crime, drugs, a lot of swearing and other vapid stuff. It also helps if I like the singers voice.

Some of the artist of songs I listen to are TOKiMONSTA, STS9, Papadosio, Perturbator, The Toxic Avenger, Scattle, Carpenter Brut, Yamajet, Nemesis Theory, Demon Hunter, Becoming The Archetype, Death Therapy, Blues Saraceno, Dweezil Zappa, DJ Owakari, Nujabes, Sneaker Pimps, Portishead, Unkle, Adam Freeland, Jeff Beck, VHS Glitch, TheEnigmaTNG, SoundTeMP, Summoner, Summoning, Morcheeba, Skeewiff, While She Sleeps, Black Drops Remains, Jamie Berry, Jamie Christopherson, Mission U.K., Bella Morte, Nosferatu, Vangelis, Diggy Mo, Eric Cunningham, Chris Lang, John Tejada, Ikimono Gakari, Yugo Kanno, Arcturus, Mustafunk, Octafonic, Russian Circles, Cybernetika, Wintergatan, Luca Turilli, Ronald Jenkees, Yes, Ram Jam, Focus, Don Carlos, Questlove, Overhead The Albatross, Massive Attack, Deftones, El Huervo, El TIGR3, Digital Daggers, Nellie McKay, Dance With The Dead, The Cosmic BangerZ, I Monster, Bad Brains, Infected Mushrooms, Suicidal Tendencies, Javi Reina, Alex Guerrero, Audiomachine, Joe Blankenburg, Wintersun, Enisferum, Killing Joke, Void, and Archive.

Archive is my all time favorite band. I never thought I'd find an artist/band where I'd actually like most of their songs. I love nearly all the songs on their albums and love some of their entire albums, heck their albums feel like one big song to me. Their style is so unique and their music really resonates with me. Their songs make me feel so many different things. I never thought I'd like to listen to rap till I heard their songs So Few Words and Bastardized Ink. Their singers are amazing, they could be singing the dumbest things ever but it would still sound divine to me. I wish I lived in Europe since that is where the majority of their concerts are. I want them to be the first concert I ever go to.

Hey I'm new to this site, I came over from WrongPlanet to get some more diversity and new people.

Music wasn't an interest of mine until recent years. I don't like most mainstream songs and artist, so I probably come off as a hipster.

The genres of songs I like belong to are Trip Hop, Hip Hop, Downtempo, Avant-garde, Nu Jazz, Jazz, Acid Jazz, Funk, Nu Funk, Soul, Deep House, Glitch Hop, Electro funk/Electric Swing, Drum n Bass, Future Bass, Future Funk, Synthwave, Synth Pop, J-POP, J-ROCK, J-Metal, J-core, Hardcore, Disco, Nu Disco, Electronica, Livetronica/Jamtronica, Big Beat, Electronic, Metal, Heavy Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Post Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, Electro Rock, Metalcore, Metalstep, Medieval Metal, Folk Metal, Doom Metal, Christian Metal, Gothic Rock, Symphonic Metal, Black Metal, Orchestra/Score, Electronic Metal/Electronicore, Dark Psytrance, Atmospheric Drum N Bass, Darkstep, Alternative, Ska and some other genres I don't know but are probably combinations of the listed.

A lot of songs I listen to come from video games and anime but I'm starting to branch out from that or I should say I'm finding songs from them and I can get away with passing off as more traditional. I'm trying to find music without discovering them through games or anime. Going pretty well. I'm pretty picky with music an artist can have one song I like and that is it. I mostly prefer instrumentals as lyrics don't matter to me as long they're not about mushy romance, money, sex, crime, drugs, a lot of swearing and other vapid stuff. It also helps if I like the singers voice.

Some of the artist of songs I listen to are TOKiMONSTA, STS9, Papadosio, Perturbator, The Toxic Avenger, Scattle, Carpenter Brut, Yamajet, Nemesis Theory, Demon Hunter, Becoming The Archetype, Death Therapy, Blues Saraceno, Dweezil Zappa, DJ Owakari, Nujabes, Sneaker Pimps, Portishead, Unkle, Adam Freeland, Jeff Beck, VHS Glitch, TheEnigmaTNG, SoundTeMP, Summoner, Summoning, Morcheeba, Skeewiff, While She Sleeps, Black Drops Remains, Jamie Berry, Jamie Christopherson, Mission U.K., Bella Morte, Nosferatu, Vangelis, Diggy Mo, Eric Cunningham, Chris Lang, John Tejada, Ikimono Gakari, Yugo Kanno, Arcturus, Mustafunk, Octafonic, Russian Circles, Cybernetika, Wintergatan, Luca Turilli, Ronald Jenkees, Yes, Ram Jam, Focus, Don Carlos, Questlove, Overhead The Albatross, Massive Attack, Deftones, El Huervo, El TIGR3, Digital Daggers, Nellie McKay, Dance With The Dead, The Cosmic BangerZ, I Monster, Bad Brains, Infected Mushrooms, Suicidal Tendencies, Javi Reina, Alex Guerrero, Audiomachine, Joe Blankenburg, Wintersun, Enisferum, Killing Joke, Void, and Archive.

Archive is my all time favorite band. I never thought I'd find an artist/band where I'd actually like most of their songs. I love nearly all the songs on their albums and love some of their entire albums, heck their albums feel like one big song to me. Their style is so unique and their music really resonates with me. Their songs make me feel so many different things. I never thought I'd like to listen to rap till I heard their songs So Few Words and Bastardized Ink. Their singers are amazing, they could be singing the dumbest things ever but it would still sound divine to me. I wish I lived in Europe since that is where the majority of their concerts are. I want them to be the first concert I ever go to.
You seem to like a wide variety of music, which is great. When it comes to music, I agree with you when you say that you don't like songs that are about break-ups, romance, sex, crime, and drugs. I like songs that are filled with emotion and I want songs to mean something to me.

You seem to like a wide variety of music, which is great. When it comes to music, I agree with you when you say that you don't like songs that are about break-ups, romance, sex, crime, and drugs. I like songs that are filled with emotion and I want songs to mean something to me.

Thanks I spend at least an hour a day listening to artist, albums, and genres I've never heard of before.

If you haven't listened to much Trip Hop you should check it out especially from artist in the 90s (the golden age of Trip Hop) if you like songs that have a dark atmospheric feeling with a woman's vocals.

New Threads

Top Bottom