• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

MBTI Personality Types, anyone?

Thanatos

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?
MBTI is a - eh, special interest - of mine. One thing I was interested to see, purely out of curiosity, is what all of your personality types are?

If you haven't heard of it, here's a good website which includes a free test for you.

(Side note, I am an INTP)

ENFP Personality (“The Campaigner”)

ENFPs will spend a lot of time exploring social relationships, feelings and ideas before they find something that really rings true. But when they finally do find their place in the world, their imagination, empathy and courage are likely to produce incredible results.
ENFPs' self-esteem is dependent on their ability to come up with original solutions, and they need to know that they have the freedom to be innovative – they can quickly lose patience or become dejected if they get trapped in a boring role.
ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. , and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.

"ENFPs are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom."

This should be on a banner above my head at all times.

Interestingly enough, I scored as a INTJ in the past, since retirement, things have changed. It seems that during your life, you can score differently throughout, so it appears that certain aspects of perception are not fixed in a lifetime. It seems dependent on lifestyle, state of mind, maturity....

Last edited:
I've taken this test multiple times and each time scored a 50/50 between
INFJ/INTJ
Seemed appropriate, seeing is how I'm a Gemini. I studied socionics for a while. Myers Briggs is a good test.

Here are my results from taking the test.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 220
I got INTJ-T Architect. Like TimBob mentions in his post only 2% of the population should show this personality type. We already have 2 out of 10 posters on here showing Architect so that prediction doesn't look like its playing out in our Aspie population. Would be interesting to do the maths on this after more results come in!

INTJ Personality (“The Architect”)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.
I am right on the 50 50 border for intj and Entj I know the feels

ISTP Personality (“The Virtuoso”)
ISTPs' decisions stem from a sense of practical realism, and at their heart is a strong sense of direct fairness, a "do unto others" attitude, which really helps to explain many of ISTPs' puzzling traits.

^ I can relate to this description, and the the part about impulsive energy, but I'm pretty sure I've scored as other types before. The results really depend on my state of mind, but I always score high for Introversion.

I think it is kind of important to also post as a diagnosed autie that not all here fly the aspie flag to show how many different directions that neurodiversity can actually take. :)

Some day it won't just be about all aspies and NTs if I have my say about it.
Sound familiar to some of you? ;)

Oops,there goes my extroverted and analytical side taking over again :D

I feel the only things consistent with me are the the N and T values (which probably is ironic in it's own way).

For what it's worth I tend to be shifting between any of those types, making it more like *NT*-A... my intro- en extroversion are at times interchangeable, as are Judging and Perception. Intuitive and Thinking are pretty strong overall. That, and I tend to be more assertive in general.

There are a few threads about this though

https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/personality-type-meyers-briggs.1581/

https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/what-is-your-briggs-myers-personality-type.5257/

I have always tested ISTJ for the last35+ years. Decades before I even thought about being an Aspie, this test helped me enormously to understand myself. If you know your designation it is often easier to work successfully with people who differ from yourself. It is a real plus if that person also knows his/her type.

New Threads

Top Bottom