• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

just for fun--you might be aspie IF--

You go to the drive thorough to avail yourself of some high sodium/high fat empty calories. The buzzing static-y voice coming out of the contraption seems to be speaking an archaic language no longer spoken. This projects you into a vague daydream about LOTR or Conan the Barbarian. A conga line of cars begin to honk at you. You snap back to life, blurt out your order, drive to window 1, pay for your junk food, drive to window 2 to collect it.

Before leaving the parking lot, you check to make sure they didn't screw it up-only to notice that you have 9 fries less than the last time you ordered them that size in this same establishment you are tempted to indignantly demand either a proportionate reimbursement for the missing fries, a rain-check discount on your next order or that the employee (obviously a dangerous miscreant) who cannot count be placed in the stocks.

@Ste11aeres: I kind of made sex talk (actually, it was more of an ongoing conversation) bungles too back when my kids were young. The thing is I can discuss the mechanics & processes of human sexuality with the same emotionless indifference with which I can discuss the history of WWII or how to write a good essay. My NT daughter was mortified, utterly grossed-out & disgusted due to my blunt, graphic & physiologically correct explanations. With my Aspie son it was easier. I remember when he saw a tampon commercial at age 6 & asked me what they were for & how come they never show guys with them. I took out the box, opened one up & showed him exactly how it worked & why women use them (using medical photo of the female reproductive system). He learned about different kinds of pads, the ways women used to handle their menstrual cycle historically & I bet by the time he was 9 or 10 knew more about the subject than most women who are not gynecologists.
I read that ancient Greek women made sanitary napkins from lint-covered pieces of wood. We need an Ouch! smiley.

You might be Aspie if you have done a lot of solo backpacking. It's a lot safer with 2 + people.

You might be aspie if people keep moaning that you're shouting when you truly believe that you're speaking normally.

Each Aspie child will be different, but a child might be an Aspie if...

The child says, "I do not like presents but I love toys," when a parent asks if he likes presents.

The child rather drop small rocks one by one into a storm drain than look at the lake nearby.

The child refuses to eat chocolate, candy, cookies, cake, pie, ice cream, fruits and vegetables, but would be glad to put other objects in his mouth to chew on.

The child refuses to leave a park at 1:50 pm when it is raining heavily out, because the child was told prior to the storm he could stay at the park until 2pm.

The child enters a waiting room at a pediatricians office and starts handing out the magazines to the adults sitting there, thinking that is what all adults would want to do.

The child keeps saying 'x' and we as parents are not sure what he means. He points up into the telephone wires where they cross, and we finally see what we have never seen before.

The very young child drops tree branches, weeds and paper in front of the lawn mower, thinking that is what a lawn mower is supposed to mow over too.

The child inspects item over and over, looking at the parts, and using the objects in more creative ways, than in traditional ways.

The child makes science experiments with shampoo, hair spray, and soft soap, wondering what that mix will turn out to be.

The child talks like a professor at age 5, with terminology of a more sophisticated person, and with formal and more factual language.

The child is in a zone where you repeat things ten times and when he finally looks your way he says, "Why did you not ask me?"

The child orders a hamburger without the ketchup, mustard, lettuce and rolls, and notices if the burger is under or over cooked.

The child needs to wear the same outfit each day of the week, month or year, so the parent buys seven to three hundred sixty five outfits of that same type.

The child believes what is yours, is his, and taking turns means the other to skip his turn.

The child refuses to drink unless it is the exact same cup he drank from before, with it being the same color, size, brand, shape, and with the same smell, and with the same scratches.

Last edited:
You walk around the house with no pants on. :oops:

You hear a man say, "I used to be a dishwasher." and you literally think of a dishwasher machine and think to yourself, "How did he do it?". And then realize, he meant manually washing the dishes.

You walk around the house with no pants on. :oops:

You hear a man say, "I used to be a dishwasher." and you literally think of a dishwasher machine and think to yourself, "How did he do it?". And then realize, he meant manually washing the dishes.
LOL, I thought, 'oh well, a crazy person, I wonder what else he has to say' (he could have said 'I used to be a chair')... Then I finished reading the post and got it:D.

LOL, I thought, 'oh well, a crazy person, I wonder what else he has to say' (he could have said 'I used to be a chair')... Then I finished reading the post and got it:D.

I dunno. I mean, at times I've felt like a garbage disposal. :eek:

while my cat put its bottom in my face and somebody on TV was singing on an advert if you're happy and you know it'clap your hands I Began to sing if you have a cat bottom say squeak squeak.

New Threads

Top Bottom