• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introduction

sardonic17

Just introducing myself. I'm 32 and was diagnosed a year ago. I'm in limbo as I try to figure out how to move forward post diagnosis (which is the same place as before the diagnosis just with more knowledge of my abilities and their capacity).

Welcome Sardonic!! I was diagnosed a few months ago so get what you're saying regarding limbo. I've found this site and the people on it friendly, helpful and informative. I hope you do too.

in reality for me nothing has changed
i was officially diagnosed 18 months ago but it depends on different conditions how you react to it
i felt disappointed thought there would be an epiphany
at least if i was male i WOULDNT be suffering PERIMENOPAUSE as well -that does nothing to aid me .

welcome.png

Nothing about you has changed in your world except your new title.
Now you have an understanding of what cause things to go wrong in your past,so it is time to work on your perceived deficits,one at a time if necessary.

I'm quite sure you will find most of your answers either in our vast archives,or from our friendly and helpful membership.

Hello @sardonic17 , you came to the right place! I am very new to the diagnosis and trying to put two and two together right now as well. Best of luck to you!
in reality for me nothing has changed
i was officially diagnosed 18 months ago but it depends on different conditions how you react to it
i felt disappointed thought there would be an epiphany
at least if i was male i WOULDNT be suffering PERIMENOPAUSE as well -that does nothing to aid me .
Yeah, gotta love that darn Perimenopause! !!
It sure as heck makes things.....interesting to say the least!;)

Well I think we can all eventually learn to accept and forgive ourselves from our social or behavioural differences, and not beat ourselves beat over silly mistakes. I'm not there myself but I feel like a ton of bricks would be lifted from my shoulders if I did. Maybe it's because my on medication or maybe it is the awareness now but I can look at myself and my behaviour in the past, not wanting to see friends or staying in my room whenever visitors came for example. But I need to forgive myself for not understanding or having that frame of mind because there wasn't really too much control over it. This does not of course excuse everything I've done or will do but it would mean so much to me if I could do that. It would sort some many problems out for me.

Welcome.

Make yourself comfortable.

giphy (3).gif

Thanks. Like I said, I was in limbo before but now I have more understanding as to why. I'm making a second attempt at college this fall, the last one didn't go so well 6yrs ago (pretty bad burnout). Luckily, I have a good support network around me and now I am aware of what can lead to trouble. The first step in evading a trap is knowing one is there, right?

New Threads

Top Bottom