• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I need help understanding this chart…. And probably more.

Most of us unfortunately often have negative consequences associated with sharing our suspicions or diagnosis, particularly with those in our tightest social orbit. Friends, relatives and even lovers.

Forcing us all to ponder to keep it on a "need-to-know" basis only.

* That there are a tiny few who will want to understand and succeed.
* That there are a few more who want to understand and fail.
* Leaving a vast majority who may be indifferent, uninformed and likely to default to expecting, even demanding that we adjust our thought processes to a neurological majority.
Indeed. I’m finding that first hand. I’ll continue to hold space for them. In hopes we can connect eventually.

It also looks like a deformed Texas if you tilt it to the left
I don’t know if you’ve seen adult swim. But for some reason a character from a show called squidbillies came to mind and a tree stump. Lol but I see deformed Texas as well. *Warning if you look up squidbillies it’s a bit vulgar.

Indeed. I’m finding that first hand. I’ll continue to hold space for them. In hopes we can connect eventually.
Possibly because I have "pre filtered" my social group over the years, no one has reacted negatively. A couple of them have told me they already had figured I was autistic, so they weren't surprised.

Possibly because I have "pre filtered" my social group over the years, no one has reacted negatively. A couple of them have told me they already had figured I was autistic, so they weren't surprised.
That’s awesome you did. I have been masked this whole time and I have moved a lot my entire life so I don’t have friends really. Okay I don’t have friends at all. Haha but I’m okay with that because now when I go to make them or whatever I’ll understand more of why it wasn’t working before so that’s cool. Sounds like you have a great friend group though and I am happy for you and them.

Hi Jerica:) Welcome to the site! I'm pretty new here too. Received my diagnosis about a month and a half ago. Ask us anything, we would love to help. There are a diverse group of ages, locations, Autism profiles, and such, here, so feel free to post whatever you might want support around in the relevant forums.
You sound like a cool person. I hope you stick around so we can get to know you.

Hi Jerica:) Welcome to the site! I'm pretty new here too. Received my diagnosis about a month and a half ago. Ask us anything, we would love to help. There are a diverse group of ages, locations, Autism profiles, and such, here, so feel free to post whatever you might want support around in the relevant forums.
You sound like a cool person. I hope you stick around so we can get to know you.
Hello! The pleasure is all mine! I do have a few questions. Thank you for the welcoming.

1. What is your current favorite meal on repeat?
2. Do you have a favorite article of clothing you wear religiously?

If you don’t want to answer that’s no problem. No worries.

Are those questions open to all?
1. Fries, eggs and peas.
2. Well, this is one of my "things". I always wear the same outfit. I get somewhat uncomfortable if I don't have the right pockets.

Hello! The pleasure is all mine! I do have a few questions. Thank you for the welcoming.

If you don’t want to answer that’s no problem. No worries.
The meal thing is trickier for me, as I have ADHD as well as ASD, so I crave novelty, as well as familiarity, but, I would say that my current meal would be either fish and salad or chicken and salad (it's summer here and I grew up vegetarian so I grew to love my veggies!). My (also ASD) partner is stuck on ham and mustard sandwiches.

In regards to the clothing; YES! I have 3 pairs of the same, super comfy, black, banded, soft, swishy skirt-like pants that I like to live in.

Are those questions open to all?
1. Fries, eggs and peas.
2. Well, this is one of my "things". I always wear the same outfit. I get somewhat uncomfortable if I don't have the right pockets.
Definitely open to all! Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I love intellectual conversations on most anything. I like pondering.

What variation do you like your eggs? Or is it one certain way? Peas? Very cool! Have you ever ate frozen peas? I’ve heard of some people eating them as a summer snack. I’ve never tried them though.
I have a jacket I’m obsessed with. I just got it. I live in Florida and during mid day it’s to hot to wear. Its driving me nuts.

Great questions :)

1) Homemade pizza, i make it every Friday and I get three meals out of it for me and my daughter :)
2) My hat, I don't leave my home without it - it helps protect my eyes and helps me feel safe.

What are your own answers to the two questions?

The meal thing is trickier for me, as I have ADHD as well as ASD, so I crave novelty, as well as familiarity, but, I would say that my current meal would be either fish and salad or chicken and salad (it's summer here and I grew up vegetarian so I grew to love my veggies!). My (also ASD) partner is stuck on ham and mustard sandwiches.

In regards to the clothing; YES! I have 3 pairs of the same, super comfy, black, banded, soft, swishy skirt-like pants that I like to live in.
Love it! This is cool! Thank you for your time. I use to be so stuck on cucumbers as a kid. I ate so many one year my grandmother taught me how to peel them. Salads are so easy for me to get attached to. I went on a cruise once and ate salad bar nearly the entire trip.

Super smart to buy multiple! Comfort shouldn’t be skimped on.

These may be of interest.

1. Peanut butter and mustard on whole wheat.
2. At home, my birthday suit. In public, a particular autism-related t shirt, gym shorts and sandals.

1) Homemade pizza, i make it every Friday and I get three meals out of it for me and my daughter :)
2) My hat, I don't leave my home without it - it helps protect my eyes and helps me feel safe.

Wow! That’s awesome!

What are your own answers to the two

I’m not doing great with some of the replies. The page reloads and moves my messages around.

1) Super cool you make homemade pizza. What are your topping choices and do they change weekly?
- Birria burrito with a verde hot sauce is my current favorite.
2) What style hat?
- I have chapstick that has 2cm left of product. I carry it everywhere. But I have stopped using it because I may need it when my lips are really chapped. But my lips are chapped and I still won’t use it because are they chapped enough is the yielding question. Lol I also picked one of the hardest to find chapsticks to get stuck on. I can’t find it online or in stores hardly. So I have found this hilarious. A nice corner I put myself in.

Wow! That’s awesome!

I’m not doing great with some of the replies. The page reloads and moves my messages around.
I find it more hard to use this page on a phone, than on a computer with a keyboard - but use it mostly from my phone anyway :)
1) Super cool you make homemade pizza. What are your topping choices and do they change weekly?
- Birria burrito with a verde hot sauce is my current favorite.
(Warning you might have touched one of my special interests here)

I can't afford to buy finished made pizza on a weekly basis, so I make them my self, I mix flour, water, yeast and salt in the morning, tend to it during the day, then it is ready for the evening - I have been eating pizza and watching old Simpsons episodes every Friday with my daughter for as long as I can remember (first on DVD's - now we stream them) :)
286363555_5515389781806560_3054727050790035144_n.jpg

I make two pizzas, one for the daughter and one for me, I'm pretty static with the toppings, it might evolve slowly over time (the one in the picture had mushrooms too), but mostly the same, these days I usually try to add two slices of dried ham, onion, Mozzarella, blue cheese and jalapenos on mine, my daughter has one with more kinds of meat, I use passata with some basil for sauce.
I needed to google Birria burrito, but that looks tasty. Do you like spicy food in general? I do
2) What style hat?
- I have chapstick that has 2cm left of product. I carry it everywhere. But I have stopped using it because I may need it when my lips are really chapped. But my lips are chapped and I still won’t use it because are they chapped enough is the yielding question. Lol I also picked one of the hardest to find chapsticks to get stuck on. I can’t find it online or in stores hardly. So I have found this hilarious. A nice corner I put myself in.
Currently (like in when I go outside) I'm wearing a black leather flat cap I got from my significant other - it changes with the season what I wear on my head, but always something. I know the feeling of having a special product that is hard to get and the dilemma of not wanting to use the last part, unless for a very good reason, and ending up not using it, because I can't figure out which reason is a good one.

New Threads

Top Bottom