• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I need help understanding this chart…. And probably more.

Jerica

Hello!

I am new to autism completely. I don’t understand anything on this chart. I would love for anyone to explain it to me in a blunt but nice way. Please and thank you.

486FEABA-3EB5-4B7B-8E81-F7C07547E32B.png

It is a visual representation of your answers to the questions on the quiz.

Your answers are a picture of what you told them about yourself.

Lower on the Typical (NT) side, higher on the Atypical (ND) side.

It's not magical or predictive.
It's like a self-portrait.

It is a visual representation of your answers to the questions on the quiz.

Your answers are a picture of what you told them about yourself.

Lower on the Typical (NT) side, higher on the Atypical (ND) side.

It's not magical or predictive.
It's like a self-portrait.
Thank you! I appreciate you.

The short answer? When the pattern outlined in heavy black lines is distinctly to the right as yours (or mine) is, it indicates a much higher probability that you are on the spectrum of autism. Keep an eye out for those who post their results. You'll find them all to be similar in most cases. But then after all, this is an autistic community. And that while we may be autistic, we still are very much individuals in our own right.

This is just one of many tools in a complex diagnostic process. A good reason to continue your quest in determining whether or not you are autistic, but by no means an absolute assessment either. It's just one of many tests.

Aspie Quiz.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, @Jerica

This is the start to a long journey you are taking along side alot of others, on thier own paths to a similar goal. Understanding and place in the world. Nothing about this is going to be easy, and it's going to tricky. But you have alot of help around you here at your disposal.

The short answer? When the pattern outlined in heavy black lines is distinctly to the right as yours (or mine) is, it indicates a much higher probability that you are on the spectrum of autism. Keep an eye out for those who post their results. You'll find them all to be similar in most cases. But then after all, this is an autistic community. And that while we may be autistic, we still are very much individuals in our own right.

This is just one of many tools in a complex diagnostic process. A good reason to continue your quest in determining whether or not you are autistic, but by no means an absolute assessment either. It's just one of many tests.

View attachment 122680
Wow! So cool! Thank you!

Welcome, @Jerica

This is the start to a long journey you are taking along side alot of others, on thier own paths to a similar goal. Understanding and place in the world. Nothing about this is going to be easy, and it's going to tricky. But you have alot of help around you here at your disposal.
I love your response. Very unique and appreciated.

Those things baffle me too. The best I could come up with was the shape tells you what type of tropical fish you are. But that's probably just because I am a very visual thinker.

fish.jpg

;)

Wow! So cool! Thank you!

Even better is to make use of so many human resources here. In other words, to directly interact with other people on the spectrum to give you a better understanding of who- and what you are neurologically speaking. To determine the possibility of so many traits and behaviors that you have, that we may have as well. Sure beats reading a dry, medical explanation in comparison.

And in the process, to learn that we don't necessarily live up to the stereotypes so often found in media.

Even better is to make use of so many human resources here. In other words, to directly interact with other people on the spectrum to give you a better understanding of who- and what you are neurologically speaking. To determine the possibility of so many traits and behaviors that you have, that we may have as well. Sure beats reading a dry, medical explanation in comparison.

And in the process, to learn that we don't necessarily live up to the stereotypes so often found in media.
This forum has brought me more comfort than I have received in 30 years. That’s just by reading the thread headings alone. I am so thrilled I’ve found this today. I’m slowly getting into everything here. I don’t want to overwhelm myself. Plus I love knowledge so I am soaking it in.

This forum has brought me more comfort than I have received in 30 years. That’s just by reading the thread headings alone. I am so thrilled I’ve found this today. I’m slowly getting into everything here. I don’t want to overwhelm myself. Plus I love knowledge so I am soaking it in.

Perhaps the most important comment I can make about this community it to have realized just how profoundly that I AM NOT ALONE.

A huge burden for so many of us for so long to carry that can be so relieved.

Hello and welcome, @Jerica

If you would like a slightly more in-depth look and interpretation of the Aspie quiz score, you might find these links helpful:

All the best to you on your autism discovery journey!

Perhaps the most important comment I can make about this community it to have realized just how profoundly that I AM NOT ALONE.

A huge burden for so many of us for so long to carry that can be so relieved.
It’s helping a ton. I know and understand here is a safe place and I’m seen. Thank you greatly. I appreciate you. It’s also been reassuring because I recently started to think and accept it three months ago and within the last month decided to share publicly with close family and friends. They all seize up in their face and body as if it’s such an uncomfortable and insane thing to say. For them to accept I would need a professional diagnosis. For me I know who I am and that this is just a part of me to learn now. Like a chapter unlocked to explore. I love and cherish myself deeply. Those who love me and want to continue a relationship with me will work with me as we discover this and if not that’s the universe parting us for greater destinies apart that we won’t be able to achieve together.

Hello and welcome, @Jerica

If you would like a slightly more in-depth look and interpretation of the Aspie quiz score, you might find these links helpful:

All the best to you on your autism discovery journey!
Thank you so much!!

It’s helping a ton. I know and understand here is a safe place and I’m seen. Thank you greatly. I appreciate you. It’s also been reassuring because I recently started to think and accept it three months ago and within the last month decided to share publicly with close family and friends. They all seize up in their face and body as if it’s such an uncomfortable and insane thing to say.

Most of us unfortunately often have negative consequences associated with sharing our suspicions or diagnosis, particularly with those in our tightest social orbit. Friends, relatives and even lovers.

Forcing us all to ponder to keep it on a "need-to-know" basis only.

* That there are a tiny few who will want to understand and succeed.
* That there are a few more who want to understand and fail.
* Leaving a vast majority who may be indifferent, uninformed and likely to default to expecting, even demanding that we adjust our thought processes to a neurological majority.

New Threads

Top Bottom