• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

i am harrison and I am new

harri2001

Hi,

I am harrison, 21 years old, living on the Isle of Man.

I have got autism, adhd, oppositional defiant disorder, hyperkinetic disorder, and other emotional disorders.

I was working in a playgroup for a year but I left as I couldn't handle the pressure, with me being 'socially unacceptable' and the crippling anxiety I deal with daily. I am now unemployed and looking to seek DLA.

I didn't really have any friends in school, I always get brushed under the carpet and no one knows how my brain works or how I feel, I have been on all the medications in the book the doctor even said he's running out of ideas.

I only have one keen interest and that's Michael Jackson. Is there any other MJ fans on this forum?

Kind regards,

Harrison

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to af.png

Hi and Welcome @harri2001

Do make yourself at home here. We are a friendly bunch, but I not think we have anyone Manx at the moment, but there are a number of folks in the UK.

Welcome!

Have you looked at joining any fan sites or forums, or maybe starting your own? That may be a way to engage in your interest with others who share the same :)

Hi and welcome, I'm sorry to hear things have been tough for you, it was pretty good you did a year at your job, were there things you liked about it?

You might be better off working part time than on benefits, depending on your situation. If you go on benefits though, you can still do some voluntary work at least it gets you out of the house and may be enjoyable with less pressure.

I hope that you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I put together a MJ outfit for a friend to wear for Halloween. People loved it. Sunglasses, wig, and red jacket and a glove. Lol

Hi,

I am harrison, 21 years old, living on the Isle of Man.

I have got autism, adhd, oppositional defiant disorder, hyperkinetic disorder, and other emotional disorders.

I was working in a playgroup for a year but I left as I couldn't handle the pressure, with me being 'socially unacceptable' and the crippling anxiety I deal with daily. I am now unemployed and looking to seek DLA.

I didn't really have any friends in school, I always get brushed under the carpet and no one knows how my brain works or how I feel, I have been on all the medications in the book the doctor even said he's running out of ideas.

I only have one keen interest and that's Michael Jackson. Is there any other MJ fans on this forum?

Kind regards,

Harrison

I think that was a very nice introduction. You and I speak alike. I have heard of the Isle of Man because of the motorcycle race. I do not know if you know about the Isle of Man TT or if they still have it.

I hope coming here and meeting people makes you feel better. It is very good to find out other people are like you are.

Welcome.

New Threads

Top Bottom