• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Many Beatles Fans Or Am I Alone?

I had a major predisposition for listening to the Beatles [and a lot of other older music]. I knew all the songs and actually- a thing I have is that often learning a set of lyrics is like bicycling, I never forget. [ I forget everything else in my life like what room I was just going to or my phone number, but music lyrics get stuck in there]

I have a print of the original draft of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band cover, I have a number of books with their piano music.

I remember feeling really crummy and unproductive one summer sometime in highschool. So I spent a few evenings in a row playing through a songbook of fifty Beatles songs. I wanted to play them so badly but only had my clarinet- so I transposed them [really not as hard/impressive as it may sound to those who are not familiar] so I could play them on clarinet.

I went through every freaking song.

So, yeah- BEATLES.

I grew up with the Beatle's they were the first band I ever heard on a 45 record, on my friend's portable record player at the age of eleven. After that I memorized every song the Beatle's ever came out with that I had access to. I learned to play guitar (a little) so that I could sing Beatle's songs. I own most of the 45's ever first issued which are badly scratched, and all the LP's albums, also badly scratched. I can't part with them, and once a year I play them.

When John Lennon was killed, I stayed in my apartment in the city for five days, crying. I mourned him as if I knew him. It was as if part of my childhood had been ripped away, the best part.

The White album is my favourite.

Last edited:
I think that, together, The Beatles were equal to Mozart in musical greatness. I actually consider them to be a musical godhead. I'm a professional musician, though, so I listen to their music from the viewpoint of a musician. The thing I love most about their music, is the way they were so experimental in the studio. The studio was like a musical laboratory for them. They were always creating something new and exciting. Obviously, having George Martin in the studio with them was a huge asset. I'm still waiting to see if another band comes along that will experiment with music the way The Beatles did, but the way the music industry is nowadays, I'm not sure there will ever be another band like The Beatles. Badfinger might have also achieved a much higher level of musical greatness, if they would have survived as a band. Look at how far, and how fast, The Beatles musical prowess progressed from Please Please Me to Sgt. Peppers and Abbey Road. It's mind boggling and amazing!

I think that, together, The Beatles were equal to Mozart in musical greatness. I actually consider them to be a musical godhead. I'm a professional musician, though, so I listen to their music from the viewpoint of a musician. The thing I love most about their music, is the way they were so experimental in the studio. The studio was like a musical laboratory for them. They were always creating something new and exciting. Obviously, having George Martin in the studio with them was a huge asset. I'm still waiting to see if another band comes along that will experiment with music the way The Beatles did, but the way the music industry is nowadays, I'm not sure there will ever be another band like The Beatles. Badfinger might have also achieved a much higher level of musical greatness, if they would have survived as a band. Look at how far, and how fast, The Beatles musical prowess progressed from Please Please Me to Sgt. Peppers and Abbey Road. It's mind boggling and amazing!
They got it right ;)

The Beatles broke down a lot of barriers so that others could see the value of diversity in music. They paved the way for many others that followed their cue.

I love the Beatles, their genius songwriting, musical complexity, observational ability and sheer ability for invention is breathtaking.

Pretty much all of their music still sounds fresh, I regularly listen to revolver, the white album and Sgt pepper.
I'm originally from Liverpool, we used to sing beatles songs in music lessons at school, that was so cool!

The Beatles got popular in the US when I was in my teens. I have always liked British rock bands and I think that they are the 2ed best British band.

I remember them as early as 1963 I believe. They were more like a phenomenon then just a rock band. It was interesting to see after they broke up, what each could do solo. The whole was greater then the sum of the parts.

I remember hearing this on AM radio when it came out and loving it ;)

crying-1.jpeg

The Biebles

They're OK, I like imagine quite a bit due to its lyrics and John lennon was a cool guy (except for the domestic abuse).

I used to have a brief Beatles obsession when their remastered and unreleased stuff started coming out in the early to mid nineties, I was particularly interested in their very early material. But after that I wasn't really into them.

New Threads

Top Bottom