• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

-Matt-

Hello everyone!

I was diagnosed with Aspergers in childhood, but I grew up in a family where mental illness was weakness. Some recent events led to me to therapy. Twice, actually: psychiatric hospitals and two different in-residence programs, and there I acknowledged my ASD and a bunch of other three/four letter acronyms too. And I now have pills that seem to help! I am slowly learning to accept things and march to the beat of my own kazoo.

Anyway, I am in the military (14+ years), and I am currently changing careers. I like outdoors things! Traditional archery, paintball, fly fishing, backpacking, shooting sports (IDPA, USPSA, etc), and mountain biking. I am fascinated with fountain pens, ink, watercolor and ink drawing, machining (metal working), and mechanical devices.

I have a lot of questions and am looking forward to learning from you all!

welcome to af.png

Glad to have you with us, @-Matt-

I am sure you will find alot of answers through posts here and make some friends along the way.

Our forum resources are available for use too, to help you generally get an understanding of what you are not sure about.

We are all open to any questions you may have~

Welcome -Matt-,

I too share a fascination with pens and inks. I came back from a job in Amsterdam in 1975 after seeing, Van Gogh's pen and ink drawings up close. That inspired me to buy a sketch pad and begin doodling. I refuse to claim any real talent, but I have produced a few doodles that when I look at them I sometimes question if I actually drew them for I always see something new; when I had no conscious input guiding my hand at the time.

I would be interested in your reaction to some of them if you are of a mind. You can find them here: Autistic Doodler

This is a great site and I hope you find it a comforting space where you do not feel the need to explain yourself.

Hi Matt. I love outdoor pursuits as well! Haven't shot a bow in a few years but used to shoot a short 55lb recurve (wood and glass selfbow, no sights or sighting aids), with homemade wood arrows. Also used to climb, freedive, camp, forage, ski etc. Unfortunately, I can't do so much of it nowadays.

I feel like coming up with a minor warning: You might learn nothing from me. Remember that option too. :)

Hello and welcome, @-Matt-. Hope you are able to learn everything you want here. This is a great place for learning, in my experience.

New Threads

Top Bottom