• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello :)

owlet

Hello, I just joined the site. I received an official diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (as they're not using the term 'Asperger Syndrome' any more in the UK) a couple of days ago after suspecting for a while that it might be the case. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself :)

Hi Owlet, I have the same diagnosis, there are lots of us here! Welcome to the forum glad you are here. :)

Oh thank you! The tree is my Japanese five needle pine bonsai. I've got quite a few bonsai but that is my favourite.
Jump right in, everyone here is very friendly :)

Bonsai are really nice trees :) I tried to grow one but overwatered it, which was a shame :( Thank you, I will!

upload_2017-9-20_14-59-33.png

Hello, I just joined the site. I received an official diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (as they're not using the term 'Asperger Syndrome' any more in the UK) a couple of days ago after suspecting for a while that it might be the case. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself :)
Hi owlet your username is awesome i like it and i have mild autism - aspergers syndrome and add if you want another friend you got me :)

Welcome to the Aspie/ Autie community!

Hi Owlet. Welcome to AF!!!

This is a good site with lots of nice, friendly people here. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Welcome :)

(as they're not using the term 'Asperger Syndrome' any more in the UK)

They do, just depends on where you are. Asperger's is still in the ICD 10 (diagnostic manual used in the UK) but was removed from the DSM 5. There's always the possibility that they will remove it in the next iteration, but I was diagnosed last December and they said Asperger's.

@xudo oh interesting! The psychologist I had told me it's not being used any more, but it must just be around where I live, or in that particular NHS branch?

@xudo oh interesting! The psychologist I had told me it's not being used any more, but it must just be around where I live, or in that particular NHS branch?

Probably just that NHS trust, or even just the person you saw. Most people in the NHS seem to use a lot of the terms interchangeably.

Hi Owlet, welcome! :)
There are a lot of awesome people here and this is quite a friendly place.
I will be in and out and likely not posting as regularly for the next few weeks but I am still here. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom