• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Calgary

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
From my signature...

Been doing some exploring of myself lately, based on a conversation or two or three... Starting to think there's a very good chance I have Asperger Syndrome... Took the Cambridge AQ online test tonight and scored 32... Maybe... Haven't verified anything yet... Undecided... I don't really have an occupational need to get a diagnosis, I've just always thought of myself as slightly eccentric and never seen anything wrong with that...

More specifically...

I've always had a tendency to be a loner and perhaps a little eccentric, just lived with it and for the most part I've had a good life... At present my biggest obsession, and it truly is my obsession, is photography... Considering that it's not my job I do lots of it! Mostly street photography, and I tend to have a classic view that street photography must include people in it, it can be either candid or a street portrait for me... I also make regular trips onto the Canadian prairies for photography of course...

Also... A very strong interest in classic cars, just wish I could afford one, especially classic cars that originate anywhere other than North America, but I live in Calgary where I don't see much of that... I have read up lots on obscure European car companies that existed long ago, cars I'll probably never see in my lifetime...

Anything else? A strong interest in the arts scene here in Calgary, although I often avoid the parties and functions that go along with them, unless I'm fairly certain I'll run into people I know...

I think my biggest struggle with what (probably is) Asperger 1) struggles with making new friends, even getting the ball rolling 2) feeling unsuccessful, particularly in my photography, when I see other artist friends getting recognition and attention and awards, etc... Probably linked to some of my poor social skills

That's all I can think of for now... One photo from this past weekend, just to prove something, anything? From a van camping heavy metal music festival, I only stayed briefly, long enough to take some photos...
Vantopia 05.jpg

Last edited:
Neither do i but its not as shocking as YouTube
now try not to read the comments there

Thanks everyone, now off to work, working in a shop I'm pretty much offline all day...

hello sherlock!=)

you may also want to try the RAADS-R-test and the EQ/SQ test by baron-cohen

Alright... I broke down tonight and did the other suggested tests... When I first typed in "asperger test" a few days ago all I found was AQ

I found the RAADS test the most difficult to rate my choices as it was either yes or no, no in between...

Here goes...

EQ = 23

SQ = 70

RAADS = 122 (threshold - 65)
language - 6 (t-4)
social - 71 (t-31)
sensory - 18 (t-16)
circumscribed - 27 (t-15)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom