• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Happy Earth Day!

Planted 14 tomato plants into grow bags in the yard. It's cooler than it was though, hope they'll cope. Got 11 more nearly ready too. My partner put netting on all the raised beds on the allotment as we are expecting rabbits. I don't see why they don't just bite through netting, the rabbits I mean, but seems they don't. We have a salad bed now too and I am planning a herb area, and have quite a lot of basil and sorrel coming up. Planting Hyssop and lovage next.

Since I am the OP, I'm the lady of the house and I get to be a little bossy. Pro Choice goes both ways, my friends! Instead of butting in peoples' lives, telling people to have less children....

Gerald wasn't telling people to have less children, he was saying that this is what he had done. I'm not telling people to have less children, but I am saying that it is factually accurate that this is an excellent way to reduce the environmental impact of the human species. That has nothing to do with eugenics, it's simply an ecological fact. It's one of the choices available to people if they want to reduce harm to non-human species (as is not overeating animal products, and reining in general resource and energy consumption). And...we are both biologists.

Saying what we have done or what are some ecological facts is not "butting in people's lives, telling people to have less children" - it's stating our own choices and the reasons for those choices - and I don't feel that everyone has to do it like we've done it.

It's alright @Callistemon , It wasn't about Gerald, it was just me expressing myself too, after a group of people made a side conversation.

In fact, @Gerald Wilgus is my homie. I actually owe him one for a past favor. He's the man.
Thank you. I think people here recognize that I am pro choice and respect theirs. Not having children, my spouse and i frequently borrowed nieces and nephews to take them on adventures. One niece, a bright young woman now, is very adventurous and I love her dearly, like a daughter.

We can all fit into Texas, anyway. And with desalination tech, and if we shared resources, and better provided resources for upward mobility for the poorest, man, everyone would have plenty.

We may all fit physically into Texas, but the human population is already causing such extensive ecological damage as it is that the planetary support systems are collapsing, and this is causing incredible distress and consternation amongst ecological professionals, myself and Gerald included.

I agree with you that wealth inequality is a huge issue, but plenty for everyone (AKA humans) continues to mean less and less and less for wildlife - because we share a finite planet with each other, and every other species.

Peace & love to all.

april22-earth.jpg

Thank you. I think people here recognize that I am pro choice and respect theirs. Not having children, my spouse and i frequently borrowed nieces and nephews to take them on adventures. One niece, a bright young woman now, is very adventurous and I love her dearly, like a daughter.

When I was considering whether or not to have children, I talked to my mother. She had 5 children over the course of about 25 years. My older brother and youngest sister never lived in the same home because of the age range between them. She looked me squarely in the face and bluntly said "you don't need to have children to be happy in life". She knew what she was talking about!

The plastics industry is still trying to greenwash their wastefulness by claiming that their products are recyclable. Meanwhile there is no credible recycling done at industrial scale. Plastics still go into landfills.

See the tree how big it's grown...

My mind went back to
Earth Day 1965- McGregor Elementary School, Springfield, MO- 3rd Grade.

The class planted this Dogwood tree. Only about 1 ft tall at the time.
It will never grow to be a huge tree. Dogwoods just don't.
Surprised to see it is still there. Fifty-nine years old.

McGregorDogwood.jpg

Happy Earth Day.

New Threads

Top Bottom