• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gift(s) for my boyfriend?

Alis1998

Hey guys!

I hope you guys can help me out a bit!

I'm trying to make this as short and clear as possible.
I want to give my boyfriend some small gifts. Iknow I don't have to explain why but I feel that helps in consideration that I have not so much idea's yet.
So here are some reasons why:
-He understands me and my autism.
-He helps me whenever I have a meltdown.
-He showed me my self worth.
-He respects me for me.
-He helped me get out of my comfertzone without pushing me, like visiting public places, defending myself, ectr.
-Also after he comes back he will get his own place.

Btw here is a little info about what kind of person he is:
He is totally into sweet foods, likes gaming a bit. Loves movies (mostly action, horror). He loves batman.
He is a neurological. He is a hard worker and loves cooking.

So my idea so far for him:
A basket with:
-Italian fruitcakes
-Some dutch candy
- Paste (hairproduct).
-Some candles with blueberry smell.
-Maybe some decoration ?
-Parfum?
-Maybe a cookbook?

Btw, I do have a budget. I live in europe so things might be less expensive here or more expensive.
I hope you guys can help me!

If he is into cooking does he have a nice chef knife? I was into cooking for a bit and someone got me a nice chef knife. I love it! makes it that much more fun to cook when you have good knife to use. I smile every-time i use it too because it reminds me of the person who gave it to me. this is the knife i was given - https://www.amazon.com/DALSTRONG-Ch...UTF8&qid=1537381078&sr=1-7&keywords=dalstrong

If that is not in budget for this. i guess you can keep it in mind for a future give idea.

That sounds like a list of things a woman would like to get. :rolleyes:

The only safe bet I see is gift certificates, like to movies or maybe a cook's store.

That sounds like a list of things a woman would like to get. :rolleyes:

The only safe bet I see is gift certificates, like to movies or maybe a cook's store.
How so ? Because he do not like the same stuff as you ? Didn't know that making yourself and your house smell nice is a femine thing, nor that liking sweet food is also femine? Besides that, he actually did an education (sadly unfinished) in making food. And the hairproduct, he mostly buys it in the salon where I work. I mean don't get me wrong but, that is actually not a nice thing to say about what someone will get as a gift. Besides that, we go out every sunday normally to do something so in consideration of that I choose materialistic gifts.

If he is into cooking does he have a nice chef knife? I was into cooking for a bit and someone got me a nice chef knife. I love it! makes it that much more fun to cook when you have good knife to use. I smile every-time i use it too because it reminds me of the person who gave it to me. this is the knife i was given - https://www.amazon.com/DALSTRONG-Ch...UTF8&qid=1537381078&sr=1-7&keywords=dalstrong

If that is not in budget for this. i guess you can keep it in mind for a future give idea.
Thank you! That is actually helpfull. I will see if I can buy it or something similair in my budget! And otherwise, just like you said , I will keep it in mind for maybe a next time.

If that's too expensive, you could try a Japanese mandolin or a microplane. Or a hand blender.
I was browsing and the average chef knife and even multipule knifes were from 30 till 120 euro. So I think I will probably get something similair because I couldn't find dalstrong withour paying in dolars. But I actually know someone who works in a restaurant so I will ask for some help with finding something similair. If I cant figure it out with him then I might just buy some other kitchen tools indeed :)

If you're thinking of gifting him a knife, it might be better to go with him or get him a gift certificate so he can choose it himself. I'm a cook, and I'm kind of fussy about what knives I use.

Anyway, good luck.

If you're thinking of gifting him a knife, it might be better to go with him or get him a gift certificate so he can choose it himself. I'm a cook, and I'm kind of fussy about what knives I use.

Anyway, good luck.
That is true. if somebody gave me their siccors then I would be also a bit fussy I guess. (Example-wise). I haven't thought of that. Thank you !

I like your kitchen and cooking ideas. There are certain containers and implements that most people don't own, but would use them if they had them. Spend some time in a good upscale kitchen supply shop. Half the fun of a gift is opening the package. Maybe, get him 3 things.

He sounds like a great guy. Don't know if you can get it in Europe but the Vidalia Chop Wizard is relatively inexpensive (US$20) and makes chopping up onions, bell peppers and other veggies short work (like in seconds). May be available on Amazon if there's Amazon in Europe.

I like your kitchen and cooking ideas. There are certain containers and implements that most people don't own, but would use them if they had them. Spend some time in a good upscale kitchen supply shop. Half the fun of a gift is opening the package. Maybe, get him 3 things.
I would get that in mind as well. I was also thinking of getting him some freezing boxes for food in consinderation that he doesn't always have time to cook. Also he "complains" sometimes about not having enough time to cook and that he would like to freeze in my mousaka... not sure if mousaka can be freezed in? But I would look around. There is actually a store in my village with alot of kitchen supply's. Sadly I can't bring my boyfriend and ask him what he wants because it is still a suprise for him. So I think I might skip the knife for another time because like mentioned people are fussy about that kind of kitchen material. I was maybe thinking about some spices perhaps if some things are too expensive for my budget, spices here aren't that much money to be honest. Lately he also looked around my spices when I was cooking for us because I couldn't find something. Didn't know that I had his favourite blend of spices from his favourite chef haha. (I still live at home and my mother is also into cooking amateurwise and owns alot of spices. )
But thank you guys for so much idea's !

He sounds like a great guy. Don't know if you can get it in Europe but the Vidalia Chop Wizard is relatively inexpensive (US$20) and makes chopping up onions, bell peppers and other veggies short work (like in seconds). May be available on Amazon if there's Amazon in Europe.
Thank you! There are stores here around that sells similair items but in europe amazon is available. But then I might need to wait too long to get the packages and might need to pay in dollars. Wich is kind of problematic for me. But that is also a good idea.

Don't know if you can get it in Europe but the Vidalia Chop Wizard is relatively inexpensive (US$20) and makes chopping up onions, bell peppers and other veggies short work (like in seconds). May be available on Amazon if there's Amazon in Europe.
It is, but other online retailers are available. How about this for gift ideas? They're based in the UK but can deliver internationally.

Not on the High Street

THOUGHTFUL GIFTS, MADE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES
When your mission is to find a gift for someone you love, ours is to make sure it’s the most thoughtful, heartfelt and original one going.

That’s why we’ve scoured the nation to bring together beautifully made designs from thousands of the UK’s best small creative businesses - from handcrafted creations to personalised gift ideas brought to life with your own words.

So go ahead and discover our curated collections of birthday gifts, wedding gifts, anniversary gifts, christening gifts, Mother’s Day gifts, Father’s Day gifts *deep breath*, housewarming, retirement and Christmas gifts - the list goes on.

And because we believe thoughtful should be for every day, you’ll also find creative ways to say “I love you”, “I’m thinking of you” and “I’m treating you, just because”. Prepare to be inspired.

Find out what games he's has and if he doesn't have them, buy him the Arkam Batman games and/or go to the local comic shop and ask them to recommend some good Batman comics, if he doesn't have any. Another option is the see what movies he has and buy a horror movie in the same vain as them. Plenty of great movies from the 80s!

New Threads

Top Bottom