• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fresh meat

steviewonder

Hey all, I'm new to this game, haven't used a blog in years. Waiting on an assesment at the moment, haven'tr many friends, haven't much to say in general except through pen or keyboard. Love writing actually. I could use this whole post to tell you my problems but you could probably guess what they are anyway.
Any other writers here? What kind of jobs suit you when you're smalltalk and people-phobic?

1681230428913.png

Hello and welcome. I am no writer, but it sure does help for just normal expression. I find it difficult to speak, but very easy to write to other people.

Even though we might be able to guess some of your struggles, hopefully it will be helpful for you to slowly share them through the threads. This place can be pretty cathartic in my experience.

Welcome @steviewonder !

I'm not a writer in terms of any official job of work, but I am one by nature, and always have been. One day I may complete a memoir.

In terms of actual work, for me, about 40 years in IT, working for the most part in systems design, commissioning, and management, and latterly specializing in servers, network infrastructures and information security. I always found systems rather more amenable to work with than people.

Over time in my last 20 years, colleagues mostly learned not to engage me in small talk!!

Any other writers here? What kind of jobs suit you when you're smalltalk and people-phobic?
I do have one check from a publisher, but I am generally underwhelmed by the reaction to my efforts at writing. A lot of my "work" was for myself - doing things to avoid expenses. I tended to do "extra-odd jobs" - specialized craftsmen don't like special requests, but they didn't slow me down much more, and my solutions worked the first time. People didn't want to argue.

Welcome! I've done technical writing at a number of jobs, including SOP (standard operating procedure) writing.

Hey all, I'm new to this game, haven't used a blog in years. Waiting on an assesment at the moment, haven'tr many friends, haven't much to say in general except through pen or keyboard. Love writing actually. I could use this whole post to tell you my problems but you could probably guess what they are anyway.
I enjoy technical writing, the sciences, and statistical process control so I ended up in pharmaceutical manufacturing process validation. I had to test processes to demonstrate to the FDA that they were capable of consistently producing an output meeting product specifications.

Just remembered I have a handy picture of my most "collectorish" brass. I only bought the small one because I had the big brother. I had seriously considered replacing the cast handle with real twisted brass, but then the "laced" rim is also ridiculous, so I contented myself with getting a nice smooth reflection from the spout instead of the wavy original appearance. I get all my brass at under scrap value from garage sales, etc. A lot of it is rather low quality metal, badly recycled. There may be flecks of steel filings making rust spots, and indifferent alloying that is barely malleable. One of my best "as it came" pieces was from a factory that had improved everything, but then tried to add lacquer, and wound up making it look like cheap plating. I'd ignored it for a year before seeing what it was. I really have enough to polish now, but I appreciate the rare examples of brass with a touch of aluminum in it, which is probably a liability for anything but casting, but produces a protective coat of aluminum oxide to retard further oxidation.

IMG_0095.JPG

Here's some stamps. The "1999" is holographic, and I have at least two of them. My aspie mother was a stamp fan, so I've got maybe a thousand different ones. I also found her specials, sold as collectibles.
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom