• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

EQ test

Apleba

So I did an EQ test some time ago, and I was shocked how bad I did. I don't remember how bad it was, so, with more knowledge about autism, and that these are related, I did it again today, and it was 18 out of 80. I have no idea how it happened, and I am again shocked. What are others' experiences with EQ tests?

13. There's a sense in which I'm pretty sure I'm more empathetic than most, however I fail to interpret the necessary signals to know what they're feeling most of the time. When I understand what's going on I'm empathetic, I usually simply don't understand. I believe that this is common but not universal for those of us on the spectrum.

I looked up EQ test online and got both the empathetic quotient test and emotional IQ tests, but assuming you mean the empathetic one. I got a 36/80 on it. That being said, that is only because I'm pretty good at using my analysis skills to compensate for lack of natural understanding (took the short emotional IQ test and got a perfect... lol , when I barely even have emotions) . It's all pretty pointless considering I have so much social anxiety I don't even talk to anyone o_O .

Thought I was excellent at this. Apparently there's room for improvement. 60/100 Which I think is good. Many of the EQ tests I've taken had pictures of people doing things and you were supposed to guess at what was going on. Often the questions asked about the pictures seemed to me the wrong questions, with all the wrong answers to pick from.

I just tried to do one which had pictures and situations with questions, and I gave up after I got about a third of the way through it. Firstly, it was wayyy too long, over 300 questions. Secondly, many of the questions were really hard to answer - either none of the answers seemed to fit, or it gave about three possible answers that might be true and I really didn't know what to choose, and I didn't want to just answer "I don't know" for all of them, even though it is a legitimate answer. Also, it was describing a of of situations I have absolutely no experience of, such as office environments - so how can I know what motivates people, or what they are thinking or feeling? On this forum too, I find it hard to reply to posts or questions that deal with relationships and emotions and often don't answer for that reason, I just don't know what to say.

A person's EQ is a measure of their interpersonal and communication skills.
EQ is an abbreviation for 'emotional quotient.'
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/eq

EQ tests vary.
Some are virtually useless due to the crude construction.

Others are more thoughtfully put together and offer a person some
insight into their own capabilities.

An example of a poorly devised instrument is>
https://globalleadershipfoundation.com/geit/eitest.html

In contrast is this more sophisticated instrument:
https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient

========

This discussion of EQ (emotional/empathy quotient) tests
would be more meaningful to me if people who have taken
a test would also mention the name of the instrument
and link to the test they have taken.

23 / 80.

During the test, I kept picturing a psychologist asking these questions:

Psychologist: Do you feel uncomfortable in social situations?

Me: What kind of social situations? Like at work, chilling with friends, or at a big party? Is it people I know well? How many people are there? Are we playing games, watching a movie, or talking politics?

Psychologist: Let me stop you right there. You're on the spectrum.

On the Psychology Today test I got an 18 out of 80. I always considered myself to be very empathetic but I think that is more cognitive empathy rather than the type being discussed in this test.

I have an eq of 7. Out of 80. I am honestly not too shocked, and i don't really care. Emotional intelligence was never something that i found important, and it's not something i ever will. If it happens, cool, but i just never really cared

New Threads

Top Bottom