• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ellie Middleton on Autism and ADHD

v4169sgr

V.I.P Member
Hello everyone,

A really wonderful trend that has started happening in the past few years in my experience generally has been much more in the way of relatively positive mentions of autism.

In that connection I wonder if anyone has anything they would like to share about this article which only appeared yesterday on the BBC News website

There is a related book reference (2022).

A particular focus of Ellie's efforts has been the topic of masking.

Will be grateful for any reactions / thoughts etc.

I, kind of, want to look up her forum, as I am a "late diagnosed" ASD+ADHDer myself. Also female.

Thank you. As a male, I find books written for women more on target about my own experience. I think there are many men out there that mask a lot and don't fit some of the classic male descriptions.

Thank you. As a male, I find books written for women more on target about my own experience. I think there are many men out there that mask a lot and don't fit some of the classic male descriptions.
I agree with this. I'm a gal, but so many of the autistic men I've met here do not fit the male stereotypes that were defined with such narrow parameters. I think sometimes their struggles can get less recognition than they deserve.

Sounds on point (article). Interesting she points out the effects of physical attractiveness, which is not often mentioned.

Yeah very tired of "birds, cars, trains and planes" being used in diagnosis. That is so stereotypical and often incorrect. Special interests are a thing with many of us, maybe majority, but what they can be is anything under the sun, and even a few things that aren't. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom