• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you forget to do things?

Found a nice way not to forget anything. I write everything in a list on my phone. Every time I think 'i gotta do something', I write it in Google keep. And what's fun, it forces me to do things I'd delay forever otherwise. It's some kinda training cause now I remember lots of things without writing it down

Found a nice way not to forget anything. I write everything in a list on my phone. Every time I think 'i gotta do something', I write it in Google keep. And what's fun, it forces me to do things I'd delay forever otherwise. It's some kinda training cause now I remember lots of things without writing it down
I should do that :D I try to be as organised as possible anyway I'm just horribly aware that after I've arranged all my lecture notes and clothes into ordered folders/the wardrobe I might still leave keys behind/ drop my phone and not notice etc. So now I'm very good at snapping into action the moment I'm missing something. My dad however doesn't seem to believe mental illnesses, social and learning disabilities happen to intelligent people, or at all, and so doesn't come to terms with the fact he needs help. He's basically a hoarder but the amount of stuff isn't as big a problem as his abject refusal to organise it instead of putting everything in random bags littering the house. Suffice to say, when something gets lost in his house I don't have a bleeding clue what to do :(

Yes! I forget things a lot. You should see my office, post-it notes everywhere. Sometimes I forget to clean them up too. My wife thinks that my age is part of the problem. But I do not think so. There are two sure signs of senility. The first one is loss of memory. The second one is.....just a sec, I know this...... Don't tell me.......

I have started putting everything in the Reminder program on my work Mac or an app on my iPad for personal. It is a mental strain to keep trying to remember everything. Outsource it, I say.

After all, I have so much more to remember than I did when I was 10 or 20.

New Threads

Top Bottom