• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Candy corn lore

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
Why do people hate candy corn so much? It’s just sugar, but I need to know what is the reason.

I would think that a product that's disliked wouldn't do well commercially and so would be discontinued for that reason.

As such, candy corn, fruitcake, and other items joked about surely gave enough fans (or people who buy them as gifts) that they continue to be mass produced and widely distributed.

20 U.S. States that Consume the Most Candy Corn

candy-corn.jpg

I never heard that. I like them. Not as much as jelly candies, but its close.

"This year, watch for National Candy Corn Day celebrations to kick off a festive Halloween on Monday, October 30, 2023.

The corny history of candy corn

Candy corn has been an all-American favorite since the Wunderle Candy Company began making the world's first tricolor candy in the 1880's.

Believe it or not, candy corn was first marketed as "Chicken Feed". The confection proved so popular that the conglomerate, the Goelitz Candy Company (sort of like a modern Brach's), competed to take over mass-production of the seasonal sweet treat.

Having won the rights to produce the candy, the company soon put the original name of "Chicken Feed" out to pasture ... and "Candy Corn" was born.

Today, the recipe for candy corn is pretty much unchanged from the early days. It's still made from honey, sugar and corn starch. And that ain't chicken feed.

Candy corn fun facts & trivia

candy corn
• One serving of candy corn contains only about 140 calories. And, hey -- it's fat free!

• Candy corn is not just for Halloween anymore. Brown, orange and white candy corn or "Indian corn" is available for Thanksgiving followed by red, green and white candy corn for Christmas.

• Along with Hershey's chocolate and Snickers bars, candy corn makes the Top Ten list of most popular Halloween candies year after year.

• More than 35 million pounds of candy corn will be produced this year, or about 9 billion pieces."

2023 National Candy Corn Day - Fun Facts, Trivia, and How to Celebrate

20 U.S. States that Consume the Most Candy Corn​

View attachment 118677

I never heard that. I like them. Not as much as jelly candies, but its close.

"This year, watch for National Candy Corn Day celebrations to kick off a festive Halloween on Monday, October 30, 2023.

The corny history of candy corn

Candy corn has been an all-American favorite since the Wunderle Candy Company began making the world's first tricolor candy in the 1880's.

Believe it or not, candy corn was first marketed as "Chicken Feed". The confection proved so popular that the conglomerate, the Goelitz Candy Company (sort of like a modern Brach's), competed to take over mass-production of the seasonal sweet treat.

Having won the rights to produce the candy, the company soon put the original name of "Chicken Feed" out to pasture ... and "Candy Corn" was born.

Today, the recipe for candy corn is pretty much unchanged from the early days. It's still made from honey, sugar and corn starch. And that ain't chicken feed.

Candy corn fun facts & trivia

candy corn
• One serving of candy corn contains only about 140 calories. And, hey -- it's fat free!

• Candy corn is not just for Halloween anymore. Brown, orange and white candy corn or "Indian corn" is available for Thanksgiving followed by red, green and white candy corn for Christmas.

• Along with Hershey's chocolate and Snickers bars, candy corn makes the Top Ten list of most popular Halloween candies year after year.

• More than 35 million pounds of candy corn will be produced this year, or about 9 billion pieces."

2023 National Candy Corn Day - Fun Facts, Trivia, and How to Celebrate
FB_IMG_1697584514251.jpg

I think I prefer this origin story.. :p

I guess I'm one of the minority which likes candy corn.. maybe because it's associated with a happy memory as the first candy I got to consume for Halloween which ended up being my favorite holiday..

I think it must be internet nonsense. Particularly since the average consumer of the 9 Billion Candy Corns produced yearly is about 8.

kids.gif

;)

Candy Corn was invented by a group of Communusts and Nazis working together to make the worst candy on the face of the planet.

I haven't had candy corn in a long while, but I have always eaten one section at a time. Yellow first, then white, and orange last.

For me it is just the taste and texture . Nothing against candy corn but the few times I tried it gave me a headache . Just just a personal thing for me .

New Threads

Top Bottom