• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspergian diagnosis at 68 ayear ago; Music Savant.

AHJohn

Sorry -all muddled-I'm coming off Valium -wrongly prescribed!-ghastly withdrawal symptoms-+ 2 weeks pain smashed up ankle-(No, I wasn't drinking!) I'm a music Savant but pretty hopeless at everything else. Yes I HATE xmas!- When I told my trick cyclist this thats when she suspected ASD and sent me for diagnosis (but by pulling strings I'm just about the only person to not have to go on a 3 year waiting list in my area(and now all funding for post diagnosis support is threatened in all North Scotland).happy *******AHJohn

hello-there.png

Sorry -all muddled-I'm coming off Valium -wrongly prescribed!-ghastly withdrawal symptoms-+ 2 weeks pain smashed up ankle-(No, I wasn't drinking!) I'm a music Savant but pretty hopeless at everything else. Yes I HATE xmas!- When I told my trick cyclist this thats when she suspected ASD and sent me for diagnosis (but by pulling strings I'm just about the only person to not have to go on a 3 year waiting list in my area(and now all funding for post diagnosis support is threatened in all North Scotland).happy *******AHJohn

Welcome! I bet if you are a musical savant you like Bach. I just read JEGs new book on Bach. Now there is the Musical Savant of all times! Do you like Bach ? I love Bach but am not a musical Savant at all. :-O

hi AHJohn, welcome to AC.
you are around the same age as my dad and my uncle [both of whom are very typical aspies but havent yet been diagnosed].
im glad you got a diagnosis as ive heard there are issues with some psychos who wont let people get assessed if their parents are no longer alive.

You sound quite a bit like my spouse, who also dislikes christmas and is half Scot. Although I suspect he all Scot, notwithstanding the indigenous male line. He spends all of his time with music now, since he retired. Welcome to Aspie Central, AH John.

Hi there, AH John. I've been recently diagnosed at 40 and new here too. I'm not a savant... I play trashy electric guitar. Plus I'm a huge fan of Scottish Noir.
I never liked Christmas. I'm in the US but I listen to BBC world service often and I read the Guardian sometimes and it sounds tough.

Last edited:
Hello ahjohn I'm streetwise
I know what you're feeling I'm having panic attacks and irritable bowel syndrome from panic disorder I feel like I've been kicked
So I'm in the panic fog
I'm in mid northern England and nhs waiting times are shorter than yours I waited 7 months
Music is weird me .
If you can get cbt with a nurse you'd feel better make sure you tell them you're autistic
Stopping

New Threads

Top Bottom