• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone into the automobile

wow a lot of posts in one night wow.

Yep. Cars are a big deal here for some of us. But started in previous threads that eventually died off. Lots of good discussions if you search for them. Lots of cool pics too!

Last edited:
Well, I've owned three sports cars for a total of nearly 28 years of my life. Does that count?

74 MG Midget :)
79 MGB :eek:
00 Toyota Celica GTS :):):)

My first car was a Toyota Celica GTS! I LOVED that car & was disappointed that Toyota discontinued the Celica.

My first car was a Toyota Celica GTS! I LOVED that car & was disappointed that Toyota discontinued the Celica.

Me too...although so many years later at least they brought back a true sports car.

The Scion FR-S. But it's not front wheel drive!

my dad has two of these cars he's currently working on bringing this car (in the photo) back on the road.
imagejpeg_0_10.jpg

Me too...although so many years later at least they brought back a true sports car.

The Scion FR-S. But it's not front wheel drive!
My husband & I were thinking of maybe getting a Scion so test drove it when it first came out! :) It drove really TIGHT! A nice car! BUT it felt way too small & claustrophobic for me!! (Haha, not a good sign!!) I wanted to test drive the Subaru BRZ but never got around to it & it's supposed to be the same car anyway, but for some reason it looks different to me. A neighbor has one & loves it. (He's at least 10 yrs younger than me!) He has said I could drive it but I doubt I ever will.

Don't forget the Supra (RIP) <3 :(

I never owned but on trips drove a BMW 3 Series (excellent handling, I loved it, but it was brand new & sputtered!), & a Mustang. The Mustang lived up to everything it's supposed to be. A sweet car! It also felt roomier & not claustrophobic to me. I really liked it.

PS - None of these cars are good when there is any snow on the road. :D

I used a 1980 Celica 22R early version carbureted engine with a mild camshaft,port matching,mild port work,triple angle valves and seats and the fuel injection off a 1985 truck on my hotrod truck. The earlier cylinder head was a cross flow design as opposed to the D shaped valve shrouding later version head that made less NOX(oxides of nitrogen) but lacked in flow qualities as a result of it's swirl combustion chamber shape.I had to change out the entire cab wiring harness to use the injection and the SR5 gauges,altered the fuel system and modified the two wheel drive frame and suspension to add the four wheel drive. I completely disassembled the truck and rebuilt it with the parts of three other vehicles in six months time. :D

I think my dad's still got a lancer and skyline; each car my dad planned to give to my sister and I when we get our licenses. No idea if that is still happening, as last I heard, they were in need of repairs to get them up and running.
Anyhow, if the cars are fixed, my sister better not be the one getting the lancer. :p

My husband had a new Pontiac Fiero years ago ... when it was time to say good bye to the car, I suggested he give it to one of his nephews thinking he would be thrilled. He was but his parents said NO (thinking a 2 seater would be unsafe). I am sure they were right. Just recently the grown nephew mentioned that to us ... he never forgot! :)

My husband had a new Pontiac Fiero years ago ... when it was time to say good bye to the car, I suggested he give it to one of his nephews thinking he would be thrilled. He was but his parents said NO (thinking a 2 seater would be unsafe). I am sure they were right. Just recently the grown nephew mentioned that to us ... he never forgot! :)
Replacing the clutch,throw out bearing,pressure plate and resurface flywheel in a six cylinder Fiero was an 18 hour process of removing the entire rear engine cradle and drive assembly if you did by the factory repair manual flat rate time. I could do them in five hours and still get paid the same by only pulling the transmission away from the engine and working in a really tight area. :p

I have always had a garage and professional equipment to do work on my go fast vehicles and made a lot of money bending wrenches for cash or parts when I was young and dumb :D

As you can tell from my name, I own a 95 S14 Silvia. The heart of the car is blown right now, and after the work that needs to be done, it has been pushed to the side lines. I've rebuilt that motor 3 times already, and this time I didn't have the money at the time, and has been sitting ever since. Cars have been the thing I've clinged on to since I was a little kid. They are the only thing that seems to make since to me. My dream is to be a racecar driver, and as much as I like be muslce cars, I seek balance in a car, just like I seek balance in all aspects of my life. So here's a pic of my car that I absolutely love to drive!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 195
Replacing the clutch,throw out bearing,pressure plate and resurface flywheel in a six cylinder Fiero was an 18 hour process of removing the entire rear engine cradle and drive assembly if you did by the factory repair manual flat rate time. I could do them in five hours and still get paid the same by only pulling the transmission away from the engine and working in a really tight area. :p

I have always had a garage and professional equipment to do work on my go fast vehicles and made a lot of money bending wrenches for cash or parts when I was young and dumb :D

Ugh. Yeah, with my 74 Midget you had to remove the engine block to replace the clutch. Expensive. A practical way to learn not to ride a clutch! :eek:

Ugh. Yeah, with my 74 Midget you had to remove the engine block to replace the clutch. Expensive. A practical way to learn not to ride a clutch! :eek:
You could change a clutch in a 900 series Saab in about one hour because it was on the front of the engine, but it took 5 hours to replace the water pump mounted in the rear of the engine :p

Oh hell yes altho I'm Rather fixated on old Aussie fords .. Don't know much about other makes . The orange wagon is ours the rest belong to other family members , me and the husband are also currently restoring another wagon and a 71 xa sedan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 222

New Threads

Top Bottom