• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone into the automobile

musclecarman

Eat, sleep, cars
ok you obviously know that I'm into cars anyway what's your favorite type of car feel free to post images. here's mine:
mump_0708_01_z+1970_ford_mustang_boss_302+side.jpg

I'm also into what the Australians have created here's an example
Holden_HQ_Monaro_GTS_Coupe_(1).jpg

My Nitro nick is short for nitromethane. ;)
Do your own math :D

Here are a few pictures of my digger dragster made with antique Erector set parts.
No parts were altered and the steering wheel actually drives the accessory pulleys and crankshaft of the engine.
20150327_104522.jpg
20150327_104839.jpg
20150327_104856.jpg
20150327_104910.jpg
20150327_104918.jpg

I'm more of a pick-up guy myself. Full sized, four wheel drive to be exact. I have two of them now, a work truck and a play truck. We have always had a car for my wife to drive. Three years ago we bought a new car, a 2012 Ford Focus. I know what your thinking, a Focus? Believe me, this is not your fathers Focus.

Well, I've owned three sports cars for a total of nearly 28 years of my life. Does that count?

74 MG Midget :)
79 MGB :eek:
00 Toyota Celica GTS :):):)

Well, I've owned three sports cars for a total of nearly 28 years of my life. Does that count?

74 MG Midget :)
79 MGB :eek:
00 Toyota Celica GTS :):):)
You bet they do ;)

The MG cars were really cool.
I love Toyota vehicles too.
I built a Toyota four wheel drive truck with parts borrowed from an early Celica that produced a lot of power. With 4:10 to 1 final drive ratio,I was able to sustain 110 MPH travel and revved it to 7,000 rpm as a shift point on 2.4 liters
A stock 22 R Toyota engine quits making power at 4500 rpm :D
I have a Eaton supercharger off a Buick V6 I want to put on my Four Runners 2.4L 22RE to be able to pull hills without downshifting.
There is a combination of an early 22R hemispherical combustion chamber cylinder head and the later flat top piston block that will lower the static compression ratio enough to prevent it destroying itself when boosted. ;)

My Midget was fun...the MGB was just that. Metal Garbage. :(
The B cars were built poorly and lacked power.
I hate Lucas electrical systems :p

Lucas is called the Prince of Darkness :D

I passed up a chance to buy an MG TD roadster with a hand hammered Bertone body. It only had the TD grille shell as an identifying feature on the outside and one example that needed restoration recently fetched almost $200,000.
I passed up the one offered to me at $2,000 back in 1980.

The B cars were built poorly and lacked power.
I hate Lucas electrical systems :p

Lucas is called the Prince of Darkness :D

I passed up a chance to buy an MG TD roadster with a hand hammered Bertone body. It only had the TD grille shell as an identifying feature on the outside and one example that needed restoration recently fetched almost $200,000.
I passed up the one offered to me at $2,000 back in 1980.

I bought my "B" (my only used car) for about $4400. I put more than $5000 in it to no avail. It was a nightmare. But then so much of it involved jury-rigged solutions in Abingdon to combat all the environmental regulations the car was never designed for at the time. Had constant vacuum issues....plus I had a feeling the cylinder head was warped. I remember the catalytic converter glowing in the dark. Way too much heat inside and outside the combustion chamber. Endless engine problems.

Last edited:
I bought my "B" (my only used car) for about $4400. I put more than $5000 in it to no avail. It was a nightmare. But then so much of it involved jury-rigged solutions in Abingdon to combat all the environmental regulations the car was never designed for at the time. Had constant vacuum issues....plus I had a feeling the head gasket was warped. I remember the catalytic converter glowing in the dark. Way too much heat inside and outside the combustion chamber. Endless engine problems.
A B would need rewired and would benefit from Japanese engine as the power source :D
Perhaps a 22R from a Yoda ;)

A B would need rewired and would benefit from Japanese engine as the power source :D
Perhaps a 22R from a Yoda ;)

Oh..seriously the Datsun SP310's engine was very popular as a substitute in later model "B"s. ;)

ROTFLMAO. Hey....I used to be an Eaton shareholder. ;)
nice...they make great stuff ;)

Another buddy bolted a supercharger and intercooler on his Lotus Elise. They have a Toyota drivetrain in them that is awesome enough without a blower,but that car really honks now :D

New Threads

Top Bottom