• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Madchester!!!!
Madchester la la la....! Well done.. Nirvana were up there with the 90s greats and placebo were good.. The early to mid 90s was a fantastic happy party.. See a a lot of great bands then.. Flowered ups weekender song summed up the whole 90s for me..! Great times..!

Which artists do you like?
  • Missy Elliott
  • A Tribe Called Quest
  • Kardinal Offishall
  • Nas
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Coolio
  • Snoop Dogg
  • DMX
  • The Fugees
  • Naughty By Nature
  • Jay Z
  • OutKast
  • Skee-Lo
  • Lil' Kim
  • Queen Latifah
  • Lauryn Hill
A few of the artists might be R & B

• Missy Elliott
  • A Tribe Called Quest
  • Kardinal Offishall
  • Nas
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Coolio
  • Snoop Dogg
  • DMX
  • The Fugees
  • Naughty By Nature
  • Jay Z
  • OutKast
  • Skee-Lo
  • Lil' Kim
  • Queen Latifah
  • Lauryn Hill
Have you heard a tribe called quests latest stuff?

Hey, I'm really into 90s music even though it was before my time. :'( sadly. Just wondered if others liked rock, metal, progressive etc.
Also what are people's thoughts on the alleged suicide of Chris Cornell...
i love rock and metal and progressive metal.
i was totaly shocked when i heard about chris cornells suicide i was a huge fan of his voice and audioslave in particular, people in the celebrity limelight have so much pressure on them to be a certain way im not surprised so many are suffering with mental illnesses,they wont admit to it as they are expected to be a certain way in front of the media.

• Missy Elliott
  • A Tribe Called Quest
  • Kardinal Offishall
  • Nas
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Coolio
  • Snoop Dogg
  • DMX
  • The Fugees
  • Naughty By Nature
  • Jay Z
  • OutKast
  • Skee-Lo
  • Lil' Kim
  • Queen Latifah
  • Lauryn Hill

R and B as in rubbish and bad lol

i love rock and metal and progressive metal.
i was totaly shocked when i heard about chris cornells suicide i was a huge fan of his voice and audioslave in particular, people in the celebrity limelight have so much pressure on them to be a certain way im not surprised so many are suffering with mental illnesses,they wont admit to it as they are expected to be a certain way in front of the media.
I think that his death was accidental even if the media portray it to be suicide... but then his wife came to the same conclusion as me...

The lion king sound track is honestly great! Kids musicals were better back in the those years, I still haven't watched Frozen... trying to avoid it for as long as I can.
I dunno why but I think referring to it as a "kids" thing sort of undermines it to an extent. That applies to most of the classic disney stuff... Yeah, kids can enjoy them but there's always something more just below the surface that kids don't tend to notice. So you can watch these things as a kid and like them... then watch them as an adult and suddenly understand them.

It's been the same with most of the classic Disney stuff that I watched as a kid - I think my favourites were Jungle Book and Lady and the Tramp... They both made some interesting statements that I just never noticed at the time. I didn't like The Lion King at all when I was younger...

I dunno why but I think referring to it as a "kids" thing sort of undermines it to an extent. That applies to most of the classic disney stuff... Yeah, kids can enjoy them but there's always something more just below the surface that kids don't tend to notice. So you can watch these things as a kid and like them... then watch them as an adult and suddenly understand them.

It's been the same with most of the classic Disney stuff that I watched as a kid - I think my favourites were Jungle Book and Lady and the Tramp... They both made some interesting statements that I just never noticed at the time. I didn't like The Lion King at all when I was younger...
I think that's what was so special about "kids" things back then adults could equally enjoy it. Whereas I don't think it's as prevalent these days

I think that's what was so special about "kids" things back then adults could equally enjoy it. Whereas I don't think it's as prevalent these days
yeah, I think it almost used to be that the things were really made for the adults who would be paying for the cinema tickets or the video releases, so they tended to primarily deal with more mature themes but had some childish jokes thrown in for the kids...

...and nowadays the opposite is true - childish themes, adult jokes that go over kids' heads thrown in here and there. UP! seems to be the exception here. That's probably my favourite of the more recent Disney stuff.

But I don't mean to derail this thread - We're supposed to be talking about the 1990s, aren't we? :p

You're an aspie, if you don't fear moths when they're alive (ok so I don't either) then fear the dead ones that accumulate in your lampshade or get caught up in your blinds as you roll them up (hell, just imagine a giant moth hovering around your face). Dead moths fall apart at a touch...I want you to be freaked out by them and that way you'll paint less disturbing things :rolleyes:

They were a 90's icon that were very cemented in the 90's and failed to succeed outside of it sadly. Although they did close the London 2012 olympics and have a brief re-union in 2007. Now they're all solo doing their thing (not necessarily singing).
I have their two albums actually, somebody left them at my house, they were always a bit too goofy for me but I bet they'd be excellent to make an end mix of (must look later). Then they just seemed to disappear, did they break up.

My pop like of the 90s would of been Aqua, but more so their second album, Cartoon Hero's is a ab favorite of mine.

yeah, I think it almost used to be that the things were really made for the adults who would be paying for the cinema tickets or the video releases, so they tended to primarily deal with more mature themes but had some childish jokes thrown in for the kids...

...and nowadays the opposite is true - childish themes, adult jokes that go over kids' heads thrown in here and there. UP! seems to be the exception here. That's probably my favourite of the more recent Disney stuff.

But I don't mean to derail this thread - We're supposed to be talking about the 1990s, aren't we? :p
Haha don't mind about derailing this site is to discuss anything :)

I have their two albums actually, somebody left them at my house, they were always a bit too goofy for me but I bet they'd be excellent to make an end mix of (must look later). Then they just seemed to disappear, did they break up.

My pop like of the 90s would of been Aqua, but more so their second album, Cartoon Hero's is a ab favorite of mine.
Did aqua do a song called back to the 80's?

New Threads

Top Bottom