• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You’re Not Iconic

I don't think asking them to stop helps. It's like a predator/prey reaction, and I honestly suspect stuff like this just triggers it harder, sadly. I would try to appeal to a sense of compassion, but doing a piece of performance art like this just primes them to poke you so you'll make another one. They get a kick out of it. I'm sorry. I appreciate your effort, though. I've been around the block enough times to know. Much <3 and support to you.

I was just reading that article that models the condition as a matter of intense attention focus, so then you are basically a person who can only mostly pay attention to one thing at a time, and it makes you all awkward because of how you process information, not because you're inept, or lazy, or not trying. I think among people who deal with that, when we see someone who is even more that way, we go "Wow. That must be hard to deal with, what's it like? How can I support you? Can I give you some advice from my perspective?" That's how I feel. I think others on the outside seriously feel like they spotted a wounded rabbit. It's terrible.

And I did really slip today, and I reacted to some people on a TV show who were basically chosen for the purpose of TV, and it made me really self-conscious because I'm in a confused place having just figured out I probably have the condition. I just discovered I utterly fail to communicate with people in person, over a scale of years and years consecutively, and how long did it take me to notice? So I simultaneously don't want to make myself out to have the scale of problems these guys showed, nor do I want to continue lacking self-awareness of problems I do have. And I think my surprise at how they look could come off as insulting, but I didn't mean it that way. I'm preoccupied with myself, sadly. How did I miss that I utterly cannot connect with people in person?

Yeah... I'm mostly normal in my function, re: Autism

But this reminds me of what people say when I tell them that both my parents have passed away by the time I was 32... They suddenly feel sorry for me, and I promptly reply that it's totally fine... When I was born my mom was 42 and dad was 50 (I'm 52 now), so I didn't expect to have them most of my life, unlike people who had children when they were 23...

Yeah... I'm mostly normal in my function, re: Autism

But this reminds me of what people say when I tell them that both my parents have passed away by the time I was 32... They suddenly feel sorry for me, and I promptly reply that it's totally fine... When I was born my mom was 42 and dad was 50 (I'm 52 now), so I didn't expect to have them most of my life, unlike people who had children when they were 23...
You just hit nerve, it's not I don't want my kids I love them more anything. But I feel I can't give em social skills and friendly support network of friends needed to survive. I'm focused on them finishing school at least since I might not make it to 50
If I had kids when I was younger, disaster because I took so long to find my feet in this world.

You just hit nerve, it's not I don't want my kids I love them more anything. But I feel I can't give em social skills and friendly support network of friends needed to survive. I'm focused on them finishing school at least since I might not make it to 50
If I had kids when I was younger, disaster because I took so long to find my feet in this world.
I've very much decided to put that in God's hands. I don't care if I'm old and my kids wind up weirder than me. I can hope they'd be a beautiful and meaningful kind of weird, and that it would all serve a good purpose.

I've very much decided to put that in God's hands. I don't care if I'm old and my kids wind up weirder than me. I can hope they'd be a beautiful and meaningful kind of weird, and that it would all serve a good purpose.
I know it sounds cliche, but because of my bad experiences growing up; I was one of aspies that didn't want children. I didn't like my spouse and felt as society refused to help me as they deemed it necessary part of society. It was sort of like he would play Nemo for boys but go smoke drugs, then there was no food in house, he was heartless towards us on drugs and narcisstic.
God has helped us in many ways, but I wanted to leave as whenever we fight with Dutch it's as if I'm a refugee and now I only have black friends, left.
I'm not sure what I mean by escape I think have levels of privacy and less cameras in office, be free to make my own choices without backlash.
Sometimes it's devil and evil people, it's not what God would do.

REMINDER

For faith based discussion (topics which include references to Jesus, God, Yeshuah, Allah etc)

please use Religion

New Threads

Top Bottom