• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your least favorite meals as a kid

Everything green.
Fish (even today i can't even see it)
and also i would refuse to eat if i didn't have appetite for something this specific day. My mother says i would ask ''are we having dead animals for lunch again? (for red meat) or ''do we have chicken abortion again? '' for omelette.
And one time she asked me how does the cake she made taste and i said ''like wet book with small rocks inside''

With this and that the child psychiatrist would hear from us at least once a week.

Hi MicroWeiss It's okay I was just being silly, I like to make people happy, if I can remember how to. I eat most things raw but I struggle with weird squishy, slimy cooked vegetables. I don't care for cooked cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, and cooked onions are pure death. I will eat spinach in lasagna or ravioi if there aren't too many stems yuck. I don't mind the onion flavor to much so i get by with fine onion powder. The food wars at my house were bad Mom wasn't real big on hearing the word no. Yes those green beans are awful. Oh I forgot summer squash eew!
I hope you still manage to eat healthy. I don't know about you, but I don't like anyone tampering with my emotional state. When someone acts like I should be happy because they are acting happy and excited, it seems like they react badly after realizing I don't care. I view it as a bit manipulative. Following another person's emotional states with them is stupid, though I would do it to some extent if I really really like the person. Maybe you only write emoticons to show that you are cute and harmless. Discussion boards are known to get contentious. But whatever the reason, it is weird to me. I might reply to a female using as many emoticons as you, but I would still be backing away nervously. People who bleed happy emotions are just as likely to bleed angry and unpleasant ones.

"MicroWeiss, post: 189067, member: 12563"]I hope you still manage to eat healthy. I don't know about you, but I don't like anyone tampering with my emotional state. When someone acts like I should be happy because they are acting happy and excited, it seems like they react badly after realizing I don't care. I view it as a bit manipulative. Following another person's emotional states with them is stupid, though I would do it to some extent if I really really like the person. Maybe you only write emoticons to show that you are cute and harmless. Discussion boards are known to get contentious. But whatever the reason, it is weird to me. I might reply to a female using as many emoticons as you, but I would still be backing away nervously. People who bleed happy emotions are just as likely to bleed angry and unpleasant ones.

Hi MicroWeiss I have a big garden and tiny orchard so I eat pretty well lots of salads, fruit, tomato sandwiches.. etcetera. The emoticons are just cute little toys to me nothing more, I'm a imaging savant, I think in pictures, so I love pictures. I'm a H/F auspie so I may like emotion and humor more than some here, but I'm still a soft auspie, and more naturally reserved than most NTs. I'm not sure sure what you are referring to on the discussion thing. I just got blind sided and may have my ex or some other people hunting me here, but I'm used to fighting off the whole world. I may be a soft auspie, but with my I.Q. ...well lets just say I usually win the long game, in a fight. I don't mind doing small things to make people happy, making others happy is what life is about, there are limits of course. I agree with you on the manipulative people, they really bother me. I do nice things because I feel like it, or like someone, I don't need anything back from anyone.

Last edited:
Well, in my part of the country where I grew up (Cincinnati, Ohio) we had this dish called "Cordon Bleu" which my Mother bought at the butcher's; It was essentially Swiss cheese stuffed in a chicken breast and then wrapped in ham. I hated it but would probably enjoy it now.

I also HATED broccoli but I really do love it now.

Fish, then and now. I still have a big dislike for fish.

Beef liver. I liked the bacon & onions, but the liver had crunchy/chewy/gristly parts. Bleh.
I tried staying in the bathroom for awhile when everybody else was eating, but it was still there on the plate when I got back.

I quit eating raw oysters when I was 5. My grandma said "Oh, how can you eat them? All raw with the guts?"
And I was like.....ehhhhh I can't. Yech.
That annoyed my father. He liked them his whole life.

I hated milk. I could drink chocolate milk, but white milk was absolutely disgusting. I still don't drink it unless it's mixed in with coffee. And even then, if I drink too much (like when DH makes a homemade, milk-based mocha that absolutely love), it upsets my tummy. We've had to switch to coconut milk for my mochas. :)

There is an easy response: You are lactose intolerant. Don't worry about it. Avoid milk and probably cheese and other dairy based products. A significant percentage of people are lactose intolerant.

My list is easy. As a child I could not stand runny egg. Still detest "over Easy" or "sunny side up" or even scrambled eggs that are soft and wet. I cook my eggs scrambled until they are as hard as rubber and very dry and might bounce if dropped on the counter.

Lima beans and 'butter beans.' Still. Have come to be able to enjoy most beans like Black Turtle Beans and Baked Beans and Ranch Style Beans. But these small beans now come out of a can with good flavor sauce on them. Not grainy and nearly dry.

Bacon is on my can't cope list. All fat. If I really must or sometimes want the flavor for something (a recipe) I cook the bacon in a microwave between sheets of paper towel until the bacon is crisp almost like potato chips. I buy less than one package of bacon a year.

Most 'organ' meats like liver and kidney and whatever else might be named are gaggy just to think about. Cannot stand the textures of fat and gristle even after a lifetime. If in doubt I buy hamburger (90-something % lean) because it is ground up and there is no "texture." (Don't like the 'greasy' of lower '% lean' hamburger.) I buy (discount bin) steak like sirloin that is a smooth even red color with no marbling and cut off any fat from the edges, marinate to tenderize before cooking. Love those tough roasts like bottom round; cook them in a slow-cooker for very long times so they breakdown to strings of roasted meat with no apparent fat or anything else questionable at all. The cost of meat freaks me out and I have become a high-veggie-content eater. Not Vegan; just not spending any more money than can be helped on meat. Chicken is better but only breast or tenders. Don't like the taste of dark meat chicken, either. No turkey if it can be helped. Thanksgiving/Christmas (Winter Holiday ??) turkey is thankfully only once a year and a lot of (homemade whole) cranberry sauce (made by a family member) makes it edible. Barely.

Broad beans.
Deb potato, whatever it was.
Brussels sprouts.
Olives.

All of them disgusting, even now. As a teen, my mother would give just one or two. However, as a kid, I sat at the table for centuries after my siblings were done, trying to swallow those foul foodstuffs.

I refused to eat cooked banana. Fresh banana I could barely tolerate, and fortunately we weren't given bananas much as kids, thanks to a number of mishaps with my elder sister. Parents, never give a banana to a kid for school. More likely that not, it'll be squashed and icky by the time they take it out of the bag.

There is an easy response: You are lactose intolerant. Don't worry about it. Avoid milk and probably cheese and other dairy based products. A significant percentage of people are lactose intolerant.

I wondered about that, but cheese doesn't bother me...in fact, I crave it sometimes. And ice cream--gotta have my ice cream.

It might still be lactose intolerance...with a dose of stubbornness, lol.

Broad beans.
Deb potato, whatever it was.
Brussels sprouts.
Olives.

All of them disgusting, even now. As a teen, my mother would give just one or two. However, as a kid, I sat at the table for centuries after my siblings were done, trying to swallow those foul foodstuffs.

I refused to eat cooked banana. Fresh banana I could barely tolerate, and fortunately we weren't given bananas much as kids, thanks to a number of mishaps with my elder sister. Parents, never give a banana to a kid for school. More likely that not, it'll be squashed and icky by the time they take it out of the bag.

Ugh I can't stand cooked banana as well, why do people insist on cooking them (every time you order pancakes around here thats what comes with it) and they would end up squashed in my school bag as well which is worse. I like fresh bananas but even then I am picky and it can't have those disgusting brown bruises on it.

Ugh I can't stand cooked banana as well, why do people insist on cooking them (every time you order pancakes around here thats what comes with it) and they would end up squashed in my school bag as well which is worse. I like fresh bananas but even then I am picky and it can't have those disgusting brown bruises on it.

Ja, I'm a fusspot with fresh bananas as well. Those bruises make me want to puke. They have to be slightly green, and in season. I'm a fusspot when it comes to fruit, anyway, especially after working in produce for five years. For the longest time, I rarely had any fruit.

Cooked banana wid pancakes? Yuck!

There are a whole load of things that I've always refused to eat but it was never a problem as my parents realized that I meant what I said, so they simply didn't serve any of those items to me. Even as a small child I quite often ate completely different meals from the rest of the family, and that is still the situation.

Beef liver and onions. The mere mention of that makes me want to puke. Ditto with peas, cooked carrots and celery (raw, I have no problem with), mushrooms, cabbage (I hate sauerkraut), any kind of alcoholic beverage, clams, and oysters.

potato salad with cucumbers in it made my mouth dry up. anything with olives in it, or raw onions. blech.

I use to hate eating sandwiches when I was a kid,maybe due to the bread becoming soggy when they were in my lunch box,I also didn't like pork (still don't) and wasn't a fan of the curry powder that my mum use to put in some of the food she made.

I can eat just about anything in a pinch even if I don't like it. The one thing I cannot eat no madder how it is prepared is a sweet potato.

mushrooms, sour cream, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, cooked spinach(although I do like it raw), cream cheese(by itself, although I do like it in cheesecake or cream cheese frosting), blue cheese, shellfish, Asian food in general, to name a few...
There's also cream-filled snack cakes, such as Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Zebra Cakes, etc., for some reason I only like them if the cream filling is frozen.

New Threads

Top Bottom