• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite genre of fiction

Magical Realism.

I have a lot of trouble with fiction. I can enjoy Magical Realism--One Hundred Years of Solitude is one of my all-time favorite books--because I can read it without feeling like I have to make complete sense out of it; I can simply appreciate the strangeness and the beauty.

There are certain books that most put into the category of "fantasy" that I think "magical realism" better applies...Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane comes to mind.

I couldn't read One Hundred Years...but perhaps not expecting to understand it would change my view. I'll have to try it again. And Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors.

Right on, OP! I love dystopia as well. I shamelessly (ok a little shame) love YA literature like Divergent and The Hunger Games. I also really enjoyed The Unit (Ninni Holmqvist).

I also, like you, enjoyed 1984. I read Animal Farm in eighth grade so I think I was too young/bored to really enjoy that one.

Psychological fiction is interesting as well.

Historical Fiction.

But for dystopian type stuff, I like Margaret Atwood.
Ooh, now you're making me want to pick up The Blind Assassin again! (Can't even remember what it was about, just remember that I loved it.)

I spent some time today flipping through Neil Gaiman's new short story collection. Just the introduction made me want to buy it and eat it up. Alas, funds... (Plus I have a copy of Neverwhere I need to read that I saved from the recycling pile at the bookshop I work at.)

I like things that have to do with vampires as well.

I also love stories having to do with space, time travel optional.

I am a science fiction fan, my secondary love in fiction tends to be stuff like the Harry Dresden series.

I like Westerns, and Science fiction are my particular favorites. Some of my favorites of the Walt Longmire Mysteries, Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, Ian Fleming's James Bond, Of mice and men, To kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, 1984.

twilight saga not gory vampire fiction
dr who
sherlock holmes in the past
graphic novels not with half dressed women and men
biographies
books about craft (especially paper craft sketching watercolour needlework artists from the late 19 century in Britain )
wildlife ,Flora

Science fiction, dystopia, alternative reality/history and post-apocalyptic.

New Threads

Top Bottom