• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite genre of fiction

Keith

For mine I would say dystopian. I have no idea why. It just fascinates me greatly. 1984 was the first book I ever read twice. I've also read Report from Iron Mountain and Animal Farm. I am currently reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

I've also seen a movie called Dark City, in which a dying alien race attempts to understand human life through their ability to cause all humans to go to sleep, after which they inject new memories into each person, with all old memories being erased. The city is always dark, but no one ever notices that. The protagonist, however, discovers he has the same powers as the aliens and attempts to find his true past.

Last edited:
I don't think I have any one favorite. Love many of the genres. Time Travel, Xenomorphs, Dystopian Societies, Space Exploration, Interstellar Wars, Parallel Universes, Catastrophic Earthly Events and (LOL) occasionally anything that manages to combine most if not all of them into the same story!

Magical Realism.

I have a lot of trouble with fiction. I can enjoy Magical Realism--One Hundred Years of Solitude is one of my all-time favorite books--because I can read it without feeling like I have to make complete sense out of it; I can simply appreciate the strangeness and the beauty.

There are certain books that most put into the category of "fantasy" that I think "magical realism" better applies...Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane comes to mind.

I would have to say that my favorite genre of fiction is graphic novels I was first introduced to them aged 12 with a copy of Alan Moore's Watchmen. From then on Batman, Green Arrow, Punisher etc.
I love graphic novels as I can spend hours reading great story's combined with amazing art work. It is brilliant it's like a movie in a book. #synder

I don't know if I can pick and choose an absolute favorite, because I love reading in general, but I adore comics, poetry, plays, good fantasy, sci-fi, and detective stories, and realism.

Historical fiction. Real places, real events or times in history. Fictional characters inside the context of that historical time or event. Also, fantasy about believable almost-history like "Lord Of The Rings" or the "Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones" books/flicks with characters who behave like real, reasonable people do along with some minor magic woven into the story. "LOTR" and "GoT" are both tied to Medieval kinds of worlds. "Practical Magic" is modern world and the book is a much deeper and better story than the film. Very very long ago when I was a teen-ager I read a book that I think was titled: "The Great Tontine." A 'Tontine' was a life-long lottery. Many people bought tickets. Tickets were bought for new-born babies. The last ticket-holder left alive was the winner and got all the money. The book was about a few fictional characters and their lives during the time of this 'Great Tontine' which lasted through much of Victorian era England. Fun to read and imparted an idea of what Victorian England was like. (I did, of course, mostly forget what I had read over the next few years. My little commentary is about all I can recall.) There is a mental note pasted among my neurons that "The Great Tontine" was a big, long, wonderful book to have read.

I also love science fiction and also crime fiction. I occasionally like comedy but only if it's really comedic. :D

I enjoy autobiographies to see how others coped with life. But i enjoy Horror too and have read all james herberts books "The Magic cottage" was the best, it was like snow white until halfway in. I also love roald dahl

Last edited:
Mystery-Noir would prolly be my fav.

However, like so many others before me, I too like science fiction.

I like sci-fi and horror, though I do read some nonfiction. I'm afraid my attention span has shortened a little over the years...

I think Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is by the same author as The Man in the High Castle, which I'm reading right now. With a few exceptions, I prefer more modern sci-fi.

I like sci-fi and horror, though I do read some nonfiction. I'm afraid my attention span has shortened a little over the years...

I think Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is by the same author as The Man in the High Castle, which I'm reading right now. With a few exceptions, I prefer more modern sci-fi.

Blade Runner in book form. Awesome.

I like Cyberpunk and Steampunk. I love William Gibson's work.

Dystopian a bit although I don't read much. Audiobooks are good as are movie adaptations.

New Threads

Top Bottom