• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why do you think there are so many autistics who are atheist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ac75 civil.png

As staff,we need to remind all who post here that all of the forum rules apply here as in any other part of Aspies Central.
We have a zero tolerance level of bashing and treating others with disrespect.

Please keep this on the level of a discussion and not a dispute.

Why is the fundamental tenet of our civilization a threat to this forum? My post was deleted, despite the fact that it was filled with facts of ancient history. If the truth is deemed a threat to this community and we are not allowed to state it freely I will have no part in it. So long...
You added nothing productive to the conversation.

I did not see you respond to anything I said or disprove it. Do I take your word for it? Even if it was not productive (which it was) there are many unproductive posts here. I have not seen any deleted. Very likely you decided the truth was a threat. Why else silence it? If you do not wish to engage in arguments you have not earned the right to pass judgement on views. Arguments are how productive views are distinguished from unproductive views not based on your word.

I did not see you respond to anything I said or disprove it. Do I take your word for it? Even if it was not productive (which it was) there are many unproductive posts here. I have not seen any deleted. Very likely you decided the truth was a threat. Why else silence it? If you do not wish to engage in arguments you have not earned the right to pass judgement on views. Arguments are how productive views are distinguished from unproductive views not based on your word.

I don't think it was deleted because of the historical information it provided. I think it was deleted because of the manner in which that information was delivered. For instance I could say "The sky is blue" and that would be ok. If I were to say "The sky is blue and anyone who disagrees is a blathering idiot" that would not be ok.

Just a reminder that as per AC forum rules & guidelines, moderator actions aren't for public debate in open forum. Please instead feel welcome to address any such concerns directly with the mod team in PM. Thank you!

I'm an Atheist, but I'm not hostile towards any religion. I believe in 'Live and Let Live'. The reason I'm Atheist is that my brain runs on logic and proof. If neither are available then I turn my attention elsewhere.

I find that I cannot normally bring up anything religious in an autistic forum without being chastised for my faith as a Catholic Christian. Why are so many autistics hostile towards Christians?

I would love to listen to what you would say about your religion rock lobster as being a anglican christian I would understand you more being in the same boat!! what happens to nonbelievers when thy die that's upto them. yours peter0003

I'm an Atheist, but I'm not hostile towards any religion. I believe in 'Live and Let Live'. The reason I'm Atheist is that my brain runs on logic and proof. If neither are available then I turn my attention elsewhere.
I agree with this reasoning.
I hold nothing against any form or religion. To each his own belief. I don't class myself a true Atheist, more agnostic. My brain also started forming spiritual beliefs based on logic and facts around the age of nine. There is no proof yet for many things as there is no disproof on a lot of things also. I call myself a fence- sitter. I'm open minded but do look for proof and examine the evidence scientifically.

I do not have the ability to "believe" something. If I feel that I have chosen a truth, I cannot feel it is true. Truth must come to me. If something shows itself to be true, I must believe it; I cannot choose. Just as you cannot choose to believe what 2+2 is (or can you?).
Since there are many religions, and none have shown itself to be true, how could I believe in one of them? Remember, if I choose, I cannot believe. I did not choose what 2+2 is, it has shown itself to consistently be 4, therefore I must believe it is 4. How could I choose to believe it is 3?

Humans are superior to animals. We have achieved a lot more. But being superior does not give one the right to be cruel. I recently started eating some bivalves as they are not sentient. Otherwise I am vegan, have been for almost 10 years.

I am allergic to those who yell at gays too. People's personal choices should be respected. That said, I think exclusive homosexuality is a biological weakness and see no reason to glorify it. Without reproduction there is death. But whether one reproduces or not is a personal choice. I can still choose to reproduce if I wanted to even if gays do not. Everyone decides the fate of their own genes. What could possibly be gained by dictating the sexuality of others?
Humans are animals we are just the smartest on the planet

if u replace the word with comunest would u be opfended no cuz its not ur group ur going tribal on us when we are trying to have a convo if u dont like a user just block them no need for snitching but thats just my o-pin-yen
Your post has become personal. As a Christian, you have made a personal attack on me and my faith. Not once have I ever attacked or insulted anyone on this site for their faith or if they are atheist. This post did not actually address the original question, but rather seems to be your personal opinions on the Christian faith. Such rhetoric really doesn't fit in here.

i hate most relijions but as long as thay mind there own bizness ie me my self and i i dont care then agin i look at committed/closed relationships as a from of mental slavery also agnostic and if there is a god i wana kill he/she/it

if u replace the word with comunest would u be opfended no cuz its not ur group ur going tribal on us when we are trying to have a convo if u dont like a user just block them no need for snitching but thats just my o-pin-yen

You may want to check your spell-checker, as I cannot discern what it is you're trying to convey.

Of the aspies I have met in real life, I haven't noticed any more aspie atheists than atheists in the general population. I'm personally not an atheist either. Just my observations.

religious belief of any type is considered
illogical &
impossible to prove.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm an atheist and I have been since childhood. I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way, but I personally just cannot (no matter how hard I've tried) get my head around how anyone can believe in a god.

This is me too. I don't follow any religion, I have no belief in any god or in spirituality in any way and I don't believe in things like the soul or 'life' after death...but if people want or need that in their life then carry on.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm an atheist and I have been since childhood. I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way, but I personally just cannot (no matter how hard I've tried) get my head around how anyone can believe in a god.

I know in my case I am motivated by trying to understand everything around me. Sometimes it has a scientific explanation, and sometimes it does not :)

But I, like Arthur C. Clarke, believe that there isn't really anything "supernatural." It's just science we don't understand yet.

My grandad always said 'we're just passing through'

You give up the knowledge of what is beyond to experience this life. Till one day you are returned.

Whilst there are many spiritual aspects to this, my view is more that
God is an outdated idea that can be useful to promote social cohesion. With Comorbid ideas of morality, how to behave contained within the religion, it has been equally useful as well as horrific in its application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom