• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Makes Us Feel Good!

JDartistic

Let's talk about the good stuff & the things we do that makes us happy!

I'll start.

I feel most comfortable around nature & water, so much so I purchased a boat. I'm on it every weekend with my best bud, Smiley. She's my dingo dog!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423760485.572154.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423760558.590048.jpg

Aw that looks like a happy dog!

I love being out in nature too, if the weather is nice I can frequently be found hiking or riding my motorcycle. Riding is one of the only things that makes me feel like me, you have no choice but to strip out all the distractions of life and bad thoughts and just concentrate on the ride.

Nice boat - I like water too but mountain waters like creeks and lakes. :) Also: walking and even better, hiking in the nearby mountains (I moved here partially for that very reason), drawing, being with my pets, reading, and tea.

I tend to agree with the zen achieved on a motorcycle ride ;)Lunchtime... | AspiesCentral.com

I don't lead a cry for me life,I seek adventure and experiences that make me smile. We all share unpleasant experiences being on the spectrum,but I focus on the positive things that it gave me. I was born this way and discovered the autism spectrum very late in my life. I made adjustments to myself on the fly as my life rolled along and just considered the rough spots in the road as minimal events compared to my gifts. :)

Say hi to smiley

Compliments from my husband
Cross stitching
Reading
Reading my bible and talking about God
Helping people

Walking around in nature, preferably the woods. It's peaceful. Music cheers me up, which is why I like singing. Books and movies are a nice distraction too.

I like

-lying on the ground in summer, and looking up at the sky.
-dead-heading plants
-seeing plants/flowers/trees grow
-when I'm around people or places I've known for a long time and I experience a brief moment where time slows down and I find myself feeling connected and still inside
-conkers
-the smells of the different seasons
-when I'm in a car an it goes over enough of a ramp/bump/hill to make my stomach feel as though it's flown up and floated down in side me.
-when my roses flower
- photos of babies
-paper aeroplanes
-Lego
-Anything that is fluffy
-Anything that is silver and shiny

Oh, I forgot to mention artwork! I do ink paintings and often draw the waterfowl from my boat!
I also write really bad poetry. :p

The scent of warm green grass
My sweet doofus of a dog
My lump-bump of a fluffy grey cat
Spinning, twirling, rocking, flapping, bouncing -- WAAAAHOOOO!!
Music on youtube played again, and again, and again
Maple trees
Hiking in forests with sweet Doofus dog
TRAINS, train schedules, train couplings, train sounds klakka-klakka-klakka
Tea: Earl Grey. Hot!
The scent of horses, hay, leather, farms
Walking everywhere with my knapsack running errands
Goldfish crackers
German language-- hearing it spoken or sung, reading it, & laughing at my own spoken German
Pine trees
Moss in the forest
Concord grapes
REIKI-- treating people on my extra-wide, super-padded, heated table
T'AI CHI-- Yang 24 style every morning
Zen sitting meditation
Pizza
Hugs-- but only from very relaxed people who like to squish firmly via bearhug
Pomegranate juice
M&Ms -- which need to be happily ordered by color and observed as such before scarfing
Being barefoot-- outside, everywhere possible, 3 seasons
My sweet flowering plant-babies in my flower bed
Ginger root -- in tea, raw, chewed, etc.
Swinging on swings!
Laughing :)
Bavaria, Germany
Animals, wildlife of all sorts

Aw that looks like a happy dog!

I love being out in nature too, if the weather is nice I can frequently be found hiking or riding my motorcycle. Riding is one of the only things that makes me feel like me, you have no choice but to strip out all the distractions of life and bad thoughts and just concentrate on the ride.
I can relate to that. The two things that I've done for pleasure most of my life have been golf and dirt bikes. However, there have been times on a beautiful , peaceful golf course, that I wanted to pull my hair out. But while riding a mountain trail as fast as I can, relaxes me like nothing else. You are right. You have to push all the bad stuff aside and concentrate on the ride, or you will get hurt.

I can relate to that. The two things that I've done for pleasure most of my life have been golf and dirt bikes. However, there have been times on a beautiful , peaceful golf course, that I wanted to pull my hair out. But while riding a mountain trail as fast as I can, relaxes me like nothing else. You are right. You have to push all the bad stuff aside and concentrate on the ride, or you will get hurt.
70657__13776.1405388159.1280.1280.jpg

Water, preferably at a sandy beach or a small stream with no other people.

Aquarium

Walk the dog in the hills ( I really do need a dog again!)

I'm toying with trying out a potters wheel.

Just hanging out at my parents house.

Dancing, free-style, with no one else around.
Walking/hiking.
Making tile mosaics with my mom (no talent required; just doing it for the good feeling), or simply hanging out with her.
Experiencing a great class that makes new ideas and thoughts pop in my head and watching that also happen with others.
Studying history--especially of social movements.
Cats.
Starry nights; sunny days.
Swings.
Kindness.
Learning new stuff about life, even when it's hard.
Dark chocolate.
A really good night's sleep (rare and treasured).

Seeing or petting a bird
Seeing a rainbow or anything where the colors are lined up in rainbow order.
Drinking cold water while in the shower (sounds crazy, feels amazing)
Going down a slide
Making children laugh
Hugging a sad child until they're not sad anymore
Playing the piano and singing my heart out
Singing opera until I'm physically exhausted
Shopping for arts and crafts right after pay day
The smell of chocolate chip cookies
Laying flat on my belly
Creating an especially impressive craft
Sketching
Seeing a Chinese character and knowing what it means
Seeing a happy baby
Research binging
People asking for my advice
Being asked to explain more about something I'm passionate about
Being recognized for my achievements
Listening to anything by Eric Whitacre
Weather that doesn't make me sweat
Looking at funny pictures
Reading 'Tumblr gets deep' posts
When something I write becomes popular or gets comments
Successful baking
Hearing a new song, falling in love, and then feeling excited that I get to obsess over it for days.
Eating, drinking, and writing in Starbucks and feeling inappropriately productive about the whole ordeal.
When people tell me their secrets
That moment when I've officially memorized a song
No migraine and no allergies at the same time
Feeling really connected with an animal
Being engrossed in a good book (starting and finished are different stories)
Being taken on a motorcycle ride by my best friend
Looking back and feeling like I've accomplished a lot
"Founder's Favorite" from Cold Stone with almonds instead of pecans. (I could eat this daily, haha)
Bedtime!

There are probably more but I tried to come up with everything I could think of. This was a great question to provoke some personal insight and thoughtfulness. Thanks for posting! :)

-when I'm in a car an it goes over enough of a ramp/bump/hill to make my stomach feel as though it's flown up and floated down in side me.

Yes! I've loved this since I was young. I used to call them "tummy bumps" which still seems pretty accurate, to be honest. It's sort of like a mini roller coaster. Great one!

German language-- hearing it spoken or sung, reading it, & laughing at my own spoken German

REIKI-- treating people on my extra-wide, super-padded, heated table

I'll sing for you in German in exchange for Reiki treatment! Heehee, just joking. I've never tried Reiki but I've read a lot on it and it seems very interesting. I liked your list of happy things! :)

Interesting to read that you experience it as a good feeling. For me it's a really unsettling sensation (I also get it in a fast elevator and on a swingset).

New Threads

Top Bottom