• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What job would be your kryptonite?

For me, also, it would be sales.

Unless I were selling something I was interested in and wanted to babel about it, my entire sales pitch would be "So do you want it or not?"

Although "butcher" sounds like a nonstarter for me, too.

A nurse working with adults. Big messes. Big odors. Lots of things to make you gag. Lots of things to make you curse and question humanity. Emotional, psycho-social baggage. Often in the hospital as a result of their lifestyle.

Last edited:
Oh wow you actually was in stock market. How was it?
Stressful and profitable. In that order. I formally learned financial analysis as a commercial insurance underwriter so I figured to use such a skill for myself rather than just my employer.

Stressful and profitable. In that order. I formally learned financial analysis as a commercial insurance underwriter so I figured to use such a skill for myself rather than just my employer.
Hm, would you stick to it if it would be in a different order?

Hm, would you stick to it if it would be in a different order?
Wouldn't matter to me. The market has evolved beyond the reliance of more traditional metrics I employed. Too much electronic trading too fast overtook the market.

If I was to go back into the market these days, the first thing I'd want to do is to hire a full-time witch doctor. :rolleyes:

The bartender, I've only been a bartender once in my life (to pay for my carbon ScProject exhaust). It was Halloween, and I was behind the counter. There was this inappropriate guy who kept bothering me and tried to come behind the counter, so I grabbed the broom to shoo him away (yes, exactly). Being kind and helpful despite people's indecency and insistence isn't for me. Having a smile plastered on my face despite being treated poorly isn't for me. Dealing with customers, etc., isn't for me. Being in the spotlight behind a counter isn't for me. Along with this, I'll add the role of secretary (for roughly the same reasons listed above) and any other job that forces you to take orders from others/be kind at any cost/quietly accept illogical orders/observe power plays and all those things. I'm not an arrogant/violent person, but I don't like injustices, let alone enduring/observing them, and I don't like being treated like an object. P.S. I didn't hit the guy with the broom! I chased him away like the grumpy old ladies do with mice in cartoons.

Wow I think I agreed with most responses. There are plenty of jobs I do not want to do. But luckily I would say I only actually had one or 2 I really disliked, although some others were a bit tedious or too stressful. But much of the time I had jobs I liked mostly, there's always some challenging areas.

But when I volunteer in a charity sales environment, I wish I had better sales talk, but I try my best. It's quirky, but people seem OK with that in charity sales, they see you as committed I guess. And are kind.

Working with mean people is probably my all time worst one, I don't stick at that very long.

Any kind of customer service, salesperson or in medicine - gross (body fluids, bad smells and whiny cranky and otherwise demanding people)...I could not be a vet though I love animals as I could not bear the euthanasia and seeing all the cruelty and neglect cases - would probably go after the people responsible LOL

Any job that requires dealing with large groups of random people who do not want to be told what to do.

Working at the vet.

Did it once, for a very short time. Part of the problem was allergies (I'm allergic to cats, or at least, I was at the time), but the other problem was... stuff that needed to be done.

Believe me, you dont want the details. *I* dont want the details, but what a bloody strong memory that is. I dont experience nightmares, but if I did, half of them would be about a specific day there. Just remembering this is giving me an anxiety spike.

I just am so not cut out for... that. Well, it turned out I'm not cut out for pretty much any traditional job, but that one in particular more than the others (despite how much I wanted to be able to help animals).

Hard-sell sales.
If the environment is cordial, I can be informative & helpful as needed. I have worked technical helpdesk and in libraries before.

Uncomfortable clothing (fabric or wrong for local temperatures) are deal-breakers for me, too. (I prefer cotton next to my skin, but some cotton/poly mixes have been tolerable.)

I am going to refine that down to Retiarius. There is no way I would want to face real gladiators with nothing but a pitchfork and fishing net. About as useful as rake and a lunchbox.

retiarius.jpg

;)

To be honest, any 9 to 5 job. Probably why I'm diagnosed with ASD2. I want to start my own business and publish some amazing written works. I need help though, and am waiting on disability support. I also want to do Autism Advocacy.
I'm terrible at "fitting in". I suffer a lot of burn out and I'm very creative and "alt".

New Threads

Top Bottom