• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what is genius, how do we measure it?

There are people on this site that have measured IQ's of 160 or greater. Even my older brother. was measured as the highest every measured by the Canadian military over 40 years ago. Even a good friend of mine has it measured at 160+ none of these are recognized as geniuses. I will be the first to admit people brighter then me exist on this site.
Sorry what is a TBI?

To me, a genius human is some human that does something almost no other human can do even if they try hard for years. (Like one in a 100,000,000)

The same goes for genius dogs, cats, or parrots. They do things no other dog, cat or parrot can do.

This covers sports, drawing, arts, science and any other human field, including evil things.

Thats how I understand the word genius.

I put together this years ago. Correlation is not causation at the time just wanted to falsify statements about people with IQ's above 200.

Attachments

• Rate of Intelligence.pdf
    281.6 KB · Views: 75
I have been following physics for a long time. True genius in music Mozart, In physics most would answer Einstein, I would answer Paul Dirac.

Mathematical genius of course Gauss, Euler, my pick would be Ramanugan. sort of like Mozart had a innate understanding with very little formal training. Sort of like comparing Mozart to Beethoven.
I'm pretty sure all these were Aspies, Gauss for sure, and also Ramanugan who I also believe was a visual thinker. He did his proofs on a tablet using his own notation after visualizing it .

Last edited:
I find this obsession with measuring is such a male thing... :grinning: Analytical minds. :neutral: But, yes. I'm more than average, on a IQ test. But when it comes down to it. To me, genius is somebody who has it all figured out. And that's very rare.

Even some of the best genius's do not have it all figured it out. Dirac and Einstein had both had reservations, Excuse me using physics genius's as examples, but I know them best.

Just watched a utube video on Oppenheimer, Aspie and genius no management skills, weird met a NT general Groves who saw his potential.

I have some ideas using statistics, interested in other definitions. Please comment, I will elaborate on my ideas later. One thing I know it is not is raw intelligence.as measured by IQ, covers many fields.
For me genius is when you grasp a high amount of competence in a certain field and you make a discovery and make breakthroughs in certain fields.
It is not having an exceptional amount of IQ.
Someone with a lower iq could do something exceptional and be considered a genius.
Like make a new cleaning product or design a mop etc.

Mother Teresa and Princess diana and Audrey hepburn were geniuses in the art of philanthropy.
But philanthropists do not often consider themselves geniuses because they do it for the greater good, not any applause.
Also David attenbougher is a genius, you know the animal and nature documentary man.
He is because he is so smart and caring and knowledgeable about that kind of thing.
Anne Frank was a genius.
Because she so brave and articulate to write her feelings in that diary.

So much of psychology/psychometry strikes me as "black box" analysis (but I am okay with that).

This video really clarified the concept of "g" for me,...
Veritasium: I Took an IQ Test to Find Out What it Actually Measures

So much of psychology/psychometry strikes me as "black box" analysis (but I am okay with that).

This video really clarified the concept of "g" for me,...
Veritasium: I Took an IQ Test to Find Out What it Actually Measures
You may want to watch the great courses lectures "The Intelligent Brain.'

Where I work, I swear that I could say it's measured daily...by all of the things I wouldn't ever do...and otherwise have to remedy for someone else. That's sarcasm and sad reality at the same time.

Just watched a video on the genius Gerald bull. Special interest was ballistics. So obsessed got himself killed.

I have some ideas using statistics, interested in other definitions. Please comment, I will elaborate on my ideas later. One thing I know it is not is raw intelligence.as measured by IQ, covers many fields.

After you reach a certain age, you realize the objective and unanimous answer is: who cares? Furthermore, having become a person of faith, I've gained confidence that everyone is made for a purpose, so once you find your purpose, you discover your personal genius. What do I mean by that? Nobody can even define what intelligence is. It's a lot of different attributes. They call some autists "savants", and that boils down to the question of "how can anyone so dumb be so smart?" Well, it's because intelligence, or more generally, talent, is not any one single thing. You have to find your purpose in life, and that is where your genius is at.

I think more generally, what you find in life is that there is so little agreement on what is important, that there is probably no meaningful or consistent definition as to what genius is. Some people think Richard Feynman was a genius because he was a particle physicist, but he greatly regretted contributing to the deaths of hundreds of thousands. Did he still feel like a genius afterwards? How can anyone so smart be so dumb? There's a pattern there.

During the world war a number of physicists got together to design a new destructive weapon all were very bright
fitting the definition of geniuses, all were very bright IQs of 170 to 190 or greater. one the most prominent refused to get involved. Considered not as bright as the others, but still extraordinary mind now as time has passed, he still stands heads and shoulders above the others. I even see of his IQ now as being stated as 200 plus, just because how else could it be explained. Was he the real genius used the same math as the others Currently the brightest living physicists a guy named Edward Witten so bright he makes his peers fear his intellect. Is he a genius or just extremely
bright.

New Threads

Top Bottom