• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think of this 50mg cbd water to help with my mild autism =)

Gary DuBois

I tried cbd for chronic pain. Didn't seem to help much, if any.

Variables to consider:
1. Your genetics. There are cannabinoid receptors in our brains and throughout our bodies, suggesting that humans have used these plants, in some way, since we were "3 hairs from being baboons". However, autistic brain chemistries can be a bit different due to genetic variations in neurotransmitter release and uptake. Not everyone is the same.
2. The product you are using. Different concentrations. Different types of CBD and THC and whether or not the product contains the associated polyphenols. There's been quite a bit of hybridization with plants accounting for different products and use cases. I'm certainly no expert, but do know a little bit because my wife takes specific types of THC/CBD mix for her migraines. Do your research on this, as it isn't quite as "straight forward" as one may think these days.
3. Although in some areas of the world, psilocybin is illegal, but if you are able to use it medically in your area, or "micro-dose" if it is legal, this may also be of benefit. Most of the study has been at specific research centers, like John's Hopkins University Medical Center. A therapeutic response will improve social functioning and communication, at least within the context of the limited studies that have been done.

I think that every time someone points out a new product that may have some medicinal qualities (no matter how spurious) there will be drink and food manufacturers jumping at the opportunity for a gimmicky sales point.

As far as I can tell from personal experience there are no medical benefits whatsoever from canabid oils. Australia has a pretty large hemp industry, the plant fibres are used for cloth and paper amongst many other things and the oil is used by commercial food processors in things like bread, cake and chocolate.

THC does have medicinal qualities but this is largely dependent on the psychological make up of the person using it. For some of us it helps to create a mental state where we are able to deal with pain more easily, it does not in any way work as a pain killer, it just helps us to more readily accept pain. For others THC can be quite dangerous, triggering paranoia and depression.

Variables to consider:
1. Your genetics. There are cannabinoid receptors in our brains and throughout our bodies, suggesting that humans have used these plants, in some way, since we were "3 hairs from being baboons". However, autistic brain chemistries can be a bit different due to genetic variations in neurotransmitter release and uptake. Not everyone is the same.
2. The product you are using. Different concentrations. Different types of CBD and THC and whether or not the product contains the associated polyphenols. There's been quite a bit of hybridization with plants accounting for different products and use cases. I'm certainly no expert, but do know a little bit because my wife takes specific types of THC/CBD mix for her migraines. Do your research on this, as it isn't quite as "straight forward" as one may think these days.
3. Although in some areas of the world, psilocybin is illegal, but if you are able to use it medically in your area, or "micro-dose" if it is legal, this may also be of benefit. Most of the study has been at specific research centers, like John's Hopkins University Medical Center. A therapeutic response will improve social functioning and communication, at least within the context of the limited studies that have been done.
One of the details that must be remembered in it's entirety is that any form of medication will have a differing end result with each individual.

What works for one might not work for another.

I happen to be allergic to tetanus vaccinations, so I have to state that upon treatment in a medical setting.

why did or do you get chronic pain. Why do you think the cbd did not seem to help much. Could you notice any positives from the cbd.
My extended warranty ran out years ago. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis at 14 (it may have been a factory defect though - it was diagnosed at 14). In my sixties, there aren't many joints in my body not affected by arthritis. My left hip was the specific reason for trying CBD. I do most of my sleeping on my left side. I can only stay on my right side briefly without having GERD issues, and even with my CPAP, I wake myself up snoring on my back. I didn't notice any pain reduction, but I think I may have woken up less during the night. But even if so, that was only a mild improvement.

You can have adverse effects to drugs and medication, especially if you're neurodivergent. I got a panick attack from a sedative shot in hospital before surgery I don't know the specific causes and mechanism but if anyone could explain...

What Neonatal writes is something to keep in mind.

You can have adverse effects to drugs and medication, especially if you're neurodivergent. I got a panick attack from a sedative shot in hospital before surgery I don't know the specific causes and mechanism but if anyone could explain...
My NT wife became violently combative after being administered Valium prior to surgery. The surgery had to be rescheduled. So yeah, anyone can have atypical drug reactions

New Threads

Top Bottom