• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are some positive aspects of your Asperger's?

Complete a particular 500 piece jigsaw in 50 minutes (not baked beans jigsaw)
Visual discrimination and shape recognition excellent.

Learn a new skill and become competent really quickly (if I'm interested and curious enough... it's never occurred to me that I can't)

Logic? Simplicity? - not getting bogged down with the emotional details means situations appear simple.

Sometimes, tuning the world out. (When focused)

Listening to a classical piece of music and hearing every instrument and arrangement.

Observing small mannerism, intonation and gestures of others means I can mimic and sometimes get through a real time social interaction.
(Emphasis on getting through, not relaxing and enjoying)

Being a logical or practical person means; something like @Khendra mentions, I'm relatively inexpensive.
Lawnmower- does it cut and collect grass? Yes? Box ticked. Will it fit into the square metre of storage space in the shed? Yes? Box ticked.

Do I have to spend a further £110 pounds to have fancy styling, aerodynamics, longer cable, faster motor and go faster colouring just to impress the neighbours? ... Scratches head and pause to try to understand the reasoning behind the above... How fast does one need an electric lawn mower to go?!
I'm not going to reach G Force cutting my tiny plot of back garden!

I learned the new Pattern in Tae Kwon Do recently, took to it really well, I think I could pass the next grading for yellow belt with it as soon as this weekend, but there's no training due to Bank Holiday weekend, oh well, I think the actual grading is at the beginning of October, so I've got more time to practice, watch footage on YouTube of it, and practice even more.

An obsessive need for order (is that positive?). Outside-of-the-box thinking. Resilience.

Oh and a sort of peace that comes with being dead inside from all the crap.~

I'm also fiercely loyal however, if you take me for granted it will not be tolerated. I did actually change the football club i'd supported for years because of this, which in an NT world for some bizarre reason is a 'no go'.

I can never be unfaithful no matter how unhappy i was in a relationship and no matter how much the temptations or rewards.

I see possible health and safety dangers everywhere before anyone even notices.

My hearing is painfully acute. I'm like a bat but with smaller ears. :D

Acute hearing like others mentioned on here! It had saved my family alot of trouble on several occasions.

One particular one where I kept hearing the car make bizarre clanking sounds in the undercarriage, but no one believed me no matter how many items I complained about it simply because they didn't hear it. Only an hour later after we were back at home did my uncle go to inspect the car did he see that the air conditioner was damaged and leaking fluid out of the bottom, causing it to stop functioning. My family thought I was psychic.o_O

Acute sense of hearing and smell, being able to "zone out", the ability to say what I mean and feel little to no guilt.

New Threads

Top Bottom