• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What annoys you the most about people in general?

Matthias

I mainly have 2 questions:

1. What are 1 to 3 things about people in general that annoy you the most?

2. If you're comfortable explaining, why do those things annoy you?

Please be brief. I have executive dysfunction and can't process lengthy responses so I'd have to ignore them and don't want to waste anyone's time. If you can be literal, that would be great.

Last edited:
My main pet peeve is being asked a question that is answered by something I recently said.

For example if I say "I have a cat" and someone asks "do you have any pets?"

It tells me they aren't listening or paying attention and since I have trouble identifying that stuff on my own, I can end up coming to that realization pretty late in a conversation. It's the worst!

I hate being asked questions, pretty much any question, including "how have you been." A friendly, inquisitive person is a nightmare.

People are all different of course, and I wouldn't say that I am annoyed by them much at all. I certainly do limit my time with people, and am not at all sociable, but on the whole when I spend time with them I am interested in people and often find them likeable.

When I am annoyed, it would most likely be some political figure saying something crass or insensitive, or ignorant. If people are drunk or rude in public places I am also annoyed.

Phoney pretentiousness -
Those who come on with big smiles, hugs, and act happy to see you.
Then you find out they are putting you down to others. Sometimes they even put you down face to face.

Or it is a psychological game of trying to make you feel good.
Such as salesmen will do to "win" you over.

I generally enjoy people, but do lament the lack of common courtesy and consideration for others that's seemingly on the increase in general, and also the rarity of so-called commonsense. I really dislike it when people treat each other or their environment with disrespect, or when people fail to use their brains for the purposes of careful thinking.

Why do I feel this way? Because that way, to me, lies a lot of unnecessary pain and alienation, not to mention World War 3 and ecosystem collapse...

As Bill Burr rants about overpopulation in various stand up specials, here's a good quote that sums it up nicely and comedically:

" Someone's got to have the balls to take out the sickle… and start chopping some heads."

200w.gif

Ed

1. Bullying or being aggressive.
2. Displaying anger, shouting at or intimidating others.
3. Not caring, not wanting to help, no compassion or respect for others.

If I had to sum it up into one thing, it would be this:

The ever-increasing lack of, the absence of people simply following The Golden Rule: Do to others and you'd want them to do to you.

Mic drop......

Answer to question,
firstly, Me.
secondly, Me (again)
and lastly, also Me.

I annoy myself with my reactions :)
I watch Mr Gracey who; in the 30+ years we've been together,
is rarely rattled by much.
Sometimes I want to check he isn't stem dead given his lack of reaction to something such as the feral diner raised by wolves seated at the next table over in the restaurant.

When I ask Mr Gracey how the unnecessary audio accompanying this diner's mastication doesn't bother him he tells me he's enjoying his food and can only hear our conversation.

I envy and aspire to this ability.
(and annoy myself frequently when I don't quite manage to tune out and focus only on us)

I mainly have 2 questions:

1. What are 1 to 3 things about people in general that annoy you the most?

2. If you're comfortable explaining, why do those things annoy you?

Please be brief. I have executive dysfunction and can't process lengthy responses so I'd have to ignore them and don't want to waste anyone's time. If you can be literal, that would be great.

1. Fragmented, chaotic speech. It frustrates me because I am trying to understand what they are saying, but I can only understand things in a connected serial order. Leaving out a word or ending a sentence before its meaning is presented leaves me bewildered.

2. Small talk. It took me years to even figure out what this is. Assuming I figured it out correctly, it is the practice of two or more people engaging in conversation where everyone is talking, but no one is saying anything. As if random group verbalization is recreational instead of informational. Leaves me exasperated.

3. Dismissiveness. It really bothers me when people dismiss the importance of anything and behaves as if nothing really matters. Examples: Sloppy manners, disrespect of others, no interest in understanding something, etc.

Sometimes l am perplexed to why people even exist.

Then why they chose to occupy my time?

And why l am being irritated by all the above, then l am irritated by how long it takes them to move on from me- complete strangers who decide to invest in my time.

2. Small talk. It took me years to even figure out what this is. Assuming I figured it out correctly, it is the practice of two or more people engaging in conversation where everyone is talking, but no one is saying anything. As if random group verbalization is recreational instead of informational. Leaves me exasperated.

While small talk sounds like a boring, repetitive, and pointless ritual, it seems to give NTs energy. They don't appear to be capable of functioning without it.

lying to me: I always say "I hate lies (and unhonesty behavior (not saying important things is unhonesty too))." Sometimes it feels really personal, if someone lies to me, like a personal attack. it instantly kills trust and it strongly effects what I think over a person. being honest makes a person even more sympathic for me. being unhonest makes a person very unsympathic for me. without being honest I never could have any contact with a person. people who fake smile (you can see if someones smile is true or fake) or wear a mask (normally I can see that too) automaticly feel unsympathic for me. (even there are some persons wearing a mask without being unhonesty and still being a nice person).

I hate it that everyone says that he/she is honest, but for most of them this statement is just another lie. or when people try to justify or say "lying is normal, everyone lies." (thats not true and it only disclaim honest people), when they do like lying to other people is nothing someone should care about, it makes me very angry. If I find out that a person is not really honest, I instantly break up the contact. I hate it when people disclaim people who act really honest, because they can´t stand their own weakness of character. I hate it when people justify unhonesty, for me they are the same like unhonesty people, I never would have any contact with them.

yeah I really hate unhonesty. I really hate it. people lied to me a lot in my past and it hurted much. I hate it when people say "I lie to protect others, if I would be honest I would have anxiety to hurt other people." I hate it when people lining their weakness of character by saying they care about other feelings. every person who lied at me in the past, can themselve. lying to me really feels like putting a middle finger in front of me.

ok... some person lies because of being insecurity and not every person who lies is weak of character. just want to clarify that. : D

Last edited:
I am annoyed by lazy and irresponsible people who don't put their brain to use.
They are used to doing everything with instinct and are too lazy to think things through.
It feels like a spoiled Child who don't use the gifts they have been blessed with.

1. Manipulative behavior
  2. Lying to manipulate or cause issues.
  3. Laziness — this is a new response to seeing the waste of potential.
There are minor issues like small talk but in this case, I think the vices in general listed above are more of an annoyance over something that unfortunately is needed to just accept.

#1) People who do ANYTHING loud when a quieter option is readily available.
Example: souped-up car engines, pickup truck engines, motorcycle pipes, and then these dumbasses blast down the road to show off.

#2) Women who force a crying, frightened toddler into the mall Santa's lap---and for what? A picture to show to other NTs.

#3) People who drive around at night with their lights OFF. Drivers who leave their turn-signals ON but don't turn or change lanes.

1) small talk or questions.
2) "everyones a little autistic."
3) people who say you cant self diagnose. Provided you do extensive research, yes, you can.

New Threads

Top Bottom